PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on switching Racquets

stru31
10-07-2012, 03:39 PM
3.5 player, currently using an APDC with Volkl cyclone @ 57, loved it, been using it for a while. My friend let me hit with his Youtek Prestige mid about a week ago for a couple hours and it felt amazing. All of my shots felt better (and looked better!) Definitely more precision. Ever since then, using the cortex doesn't feel right and I've been hitting off center shots more frequently than I really should. Have I just happened to find a racquet more suiting to my playing style? Or is there another problem? Is it because of their two distinct balances? the hallow feel vs the solid feel of the two beams? I've really considered switching recently, especially since I have the money to after selling my APDGT French Open.

Chotobaka
10-07-2012, 03:47 PM
3.5 player, currently using an APDC with Volkl cyclone @ 57, loved it, been using it for a while. My friend let me hit with his Youtek Prestige mid about a week ago for a couple hours and it felt amazing. All of my shots felt better (and looked better!) Definitely more precision. Ever since then, using the cortex doesn't feel right and I've been hitting off center shots more frequently than I really should. Have I just happened to find a racquet more suiting to my playing style? Or is there another problem? Is it because of their two distinct balances? the hallow feel vs the solid feel of the two beams? I've really considered switching recently, especially since I have the money to after selling my APDGT French Open.

The bold portion of the quote sums it up. Although you liked the Youtek Prestige you should take the time to demo other similar racquets. I recommend starting with the Youtek IG Prestige's. There are lots of other racquets that offer a counterpoint to the APDC's feel (or lack thereof).

stru31
10-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Oh...Demoing sounds like a good idea. Thanks! Any recommendations besides the prestiges that have similar feel?