PDA

View Full Version : Andrei Pavel's racquet ?

Phinnutz
05-06-2004, 12:48 PM
Do you guys know anything about his racquet ? I know he plays with a Fischer, but that's about it

Feņa14
05-06-2004, 01:30 PM
I like Pavel he is a great player imo, in my top 5 players after the one and only JC!!

I am sure that he uses a Fischer Pro Number One but am not sure if it is the FT version or a Pro One with the FT paintjob.

The Pro One is an amazing racket, he has good taste :D

Liam

sw00sh
05-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Andrei Pavel uses Fischer Vacuum Pro 90 prior to the latest conversion to Pro No 1. He has used the Vac Pro 90 so exclusively throughout his career and seeing him using an actual Pro No 1 really suprised me. But the fact that Pro No 1 is an amazing stick, its understandable. I guess he wants that extra head size and extra manuverability to deal with the present players.

Cool guy! He is among my fav player.

On the other hand, has anyone has a theory that he may be using a Vac Pro 90 with a paintjob of Pro No 1? I wonder.

If you look at Dominic Hrbaty, he actually using Vac Pro 90 with the Pro Extreme paintjob, any theory here too? Please do share.

Thanks. :D

thomas martinez
05-06-2004, 08:18 PM
No, Pavel never used a Vac Pro 90, he used to use Prestige 600s prior to signing with Fischer which when he signed it was a Pro Tour Ti he switched to, leading to the Pro Tour FT, and recently has tried the Pro #1 FT, and settled on it looks the Pro #1. Stringing, he's used ALU-Power has tried the ALU-Touch hybrid, and now looks to be using all Supersense.

Will
05-07-2004, 04:52 AM
He uses the non-Ft Pro No.1 if you look at the website and compare pics

Vanja Ljubibratic
05-09-2004, 08:01 PM
Yea, I couldn't understand why any pro player would use the Pro No.1 FT when they're more than good enough to play with the regular Pro No.1. This frame is soooooo good that I swear I'll never change from it. The FT version is a shame on the Fischer name. It's strange that more players don't use these frames. They offer so much more than, say, Wilson or Yonex, IMO. Oh well...just as long as they never discontinue the true Fischer, meaning the Pro No.1, I'll be happy.
They should bring back the Pro Classic and maybe try to make it into an FT model. I don't know, what do you think?

0d1n
07-15-2006, 04:41 PM
mistake :|