PDA

View Full Version : Federer needs only the quarters in Shanghai for the 300 weeks record...but...

Paullaconte1
10-08-2012, 05:26 PM
That sounds very easy according to the calculations.

http://shanghai.tennistonic.com/view_tennisnews?nid=1316&/ATP-Rankings:-Federer--about-to-break-the-300-weeks-record

So Federer has the record in his pocket.

What was strange was Federer basically saying he is not paying too much attention about being world no.1 by year end. "Look, I hope I finish the year ranked number one, but that's not everything. If it was everything I would've played Beijing or Tokyo and then come here.

Does Federer know he can't get it anyway?

Gonzo_style
10-08-2012, 06:02 PM

http://shanghai.tennistonic.com/view_tennisnews?nid=1316&/ATP-Rankings:-Federer--about-to-break-the-300-weeks-record

What was strange was Federer basically saying he is not paying too much attention about being world no.1 by year end. "Look, I hope I finish the year ranked number one, but that's not everything. If it was everything I would've played Beijing or Tokyo and then come here.

Difference between 299 and 300 is just ONE WEEK! It's not big deal.....

Sentinel
10-08-2012, 08:11 PM
I think he has stated his views somewhere quite clearly.

imo, If it's within reach he will go for it. But he won't drain himself trying to go for it. All depends on how Joker does, and Joker is doing well.

sureshs
10-08-2012, 08:17 PM
I think he has stated his views somewhere quite clearly.

imo, If it's within reach he will go for it. But he won't drain himself trying to go for it.

That covers all the angles with excuses

JTJet
10-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Doesn't roger only need his first match as his 0 pointer from Tokyo last year is now replaced?

JTJet
10-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Scratch that, I might be talking rubbish.

sbengte
10-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Doesn't roger only need his first match as his 0 pointer from Tokyo last year is now replaced?

Posted the same question in another thread. Was referring to this (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=6939358&postcount=11) post which said the same.

Sentinel
10-08-2012, 09:06 PM
That covers all the angles with excuses

Yeah, at least amigo ain't talkin bout injureez.

merlinpinpin
10-08-2012, 09:57 PM

Nope. It should have been, but it has been replaced by another 0-pointer for Tokyo this year. So Olympics isn't an ATP500 after all, despite it being counted as one. But it obviously doesn't count as far as the "4 ATP500's per year" commitment is concerned. ;(

merlinpinpin
10-08-2012, 10:00 PM

Where do you get that from? Of course he can still get it. It's obviously a tall order, but mathematically, it's still very much in the realm of the possible. In fact, should Djokovic and he have the same end of the year as last year, Federer would end it #1 with a fair margin (not that I think Djokovic is going to suck as much as he did in 2011, though, so Roger obviously has his work cut out for him).

Paullaconte1
10-09-2012, 04:24 AM
Where do you get that from? Of course he can still get it. It's obviously a tall order, but mathematically, it's still very much in the realm of the possible. In fact, should Djokovic and he have the same end of the year as last year, Federer would end it #1 with a fair margin (not that I think Djokovic is going to suck as much as he did in 2011, though, so Roger obviously ha his work cut out for him).

You are right... I was under the impression Djokovic was playing also in Basel, but he won't. So it could be +500 easy point for Federer (also because Nadal and Murray shouldn't play as well in Basel).

If Federer makes more points than Djokovic in Shanghai it is game on because Paris and London are both indoor.

It will be very interesting.

merlinpinpin
10-09-2012, 04:27 AM
You are right... I was under the impression Djokovic was playing also in Basel, but he won't. So it could be +500 easy point for Federer (also because Nadal and Murray shouldn't play as well in Basel).

If Federer makes more points than Djokovic in Shanghai it is game on because Paris and London are both indoor.

It will be very interesting.

Yes, barring a complete bust from one of them in Bercy-WTF, Shanghai is obviously the key. Murray being drawn in Federer's half is thus a huge advantage for Djokovic at this point (at least on paper).