PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Organix X10 Mid

Hominator
10-09-2012, 05:36 AM
Heads up - just got word that the X10 mid is in development. Prototypes currently being tested. Final specs still under consideration.

For those of you who are interested in this frame, what would you like to see?

I'll start: personally, I'd like the hoop to be stiffer, to minimize the flutter in the upper hoop upon contact. I'm thinking the Organix material in the right places should accomplish this. Also hope it retains the same head shape with wider shoulders (lower hoop).

Can't wait to try this one out - I've been waiting for this one for almost 2 years...

Korso
10-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Nice! I would definitely like to see more stability in the upper hoop without the use of lead tape.

jhusein
10-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Nice! I would definitely like to see more stability in the upper hoop without the use of lead tape.

Agree with the above. Any one knows when this long awaited O-X10 Mid would be released! Thanks.

Hominator
10-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Agree with the above. Any one knows when this long awaited O-X10 Mid would be released! Thanks.

This is just a guess, but based on playtesting and production timelines, not until sometime in 2013, but it's definitely coming.

Hasn't Volkl traditionally launched their new frames in Spring...?

Hominator
12-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Pics of the X10 mid posted with permission from Volkl. Head shape is nearly identical to that of the PB10 mid.

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zgfchu.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/35a5e28.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2hxad61.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/121x5x1.jpg

Hominator
12-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Pics posted with permission from Volkl.

http://i45.tinypic.com/121x5x1.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/33vgqde.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/vpg9hd.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2m2gmmb.jpg

jayserinos99
12-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Thank you for the pictures Hominator.

pheonix6579
12-08-2012, 08:06 PM
looks like a very nice stick

drummerdan
12-08-2012, 09:34 PM
I want to get my hands on one of those frames. It's hard to imagine that the Mid10 can be improved. LOVE mine!

BoingTennis
12-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Awesome paint job, really liking the black/white combo!

Release date? Reviews anyone?

Hi I'm Ray
12-09-2012, 12:10 AM
The PB10 Mid is gonna be hard to top. Nice black pj on the new version, though not liking the white parts too much.

Hominator
12-09-2012, 04:19 AM
While the accents look white, they're actually silver.

Also, the flutter from the upper hoop - a common complaint of the PB10 mid - is completely gone now.

And of course, the feel of the frame is different from the PB10 mid because of the Organix material. The Organix makes it feel more "modern."

jayserinos99
12-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Hominator, so the feel of the x10mid is very similar to the x10mp or is the feel like a pb10mid but w/o the upper hoop looseness/flutter?

drummerdan
12-09-2012, 05:01 PM
And of course, the feel of the frame is different from the PB10 mid because of the Organix material. The Organix makes it feel more "modern."

How do you define "modern"? Is it due to the stiffness?

Meaghan
12-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Will have to have a look at this, thanks Hom.......

rlau
12-10-2012, 04:32 AM
The Volkl name on the throat should be silver too, not yellow....

Meaghan
12-10-2012, 06:30 AM
Hom, have the kept the same mold as the pb? The x10 mp I love but I wish it still had the c10 skinny throat.......

rlau
12-10-2012, 06:41 AM

Probably more muted, just like Organix 10 325.

Hominator
12-10-2012, 06:51 AM
Hominator, so the feel of the x10mid is very similar to the x10mp or is the feel like a pb10mid but w/o the upper hoop looseness/flutter?

The new X10 mid doesn't have the same softer flex or wobble as the PB10 mid, due to the Organix at the poles. It still feels soft, but not "flexible soft," if that makes sense.

Hominator
12-10-2012, 06:55 AM

The frame is overall stiffer and has less dwell time than the PB10 mid, due to the Organix. With the X10 mid, balls hit above the sweetspot towards 12:00 come off with a lot of bite and good power, where the PB10 mid would flutter a bit, if you didn't lead it at 10/2.

To me, a modern feel is a quick response off the string bed. In contrast, a more traditional feel has more dwell time. The stick is also very stable with little need for additional lead tape.

Hominator
12-10-2012, 07:00 AM
Hom, have the kept the same mold as the pb? The x10 mp I love but I wish it still had the c10 skinny throat.......

I think so. It seems to me that they pretty much kept the same mold as the PB10 mid, except for the slight Organix bulges in the hoop and the vibration system near the handle. Here's a better pic of the throat for you:

http://i45.tinypic.com/30w0yv8.jpg

coolblue123
12-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks really nice!

Meaghan
12-10-2012, 08:27 AM
I think so. It seems to me that they pretty much kept the same mold as the PB10 mid, except for the slight Organix bulges in the hoop and the vibration system near the handle. Here's a better pic of the throat for you:

http://i45.tinypic.com/30w0yv8.jpg
Thanks H,
The hoop on the mp is superb imo but I do miss the manoeuvrability the thinner volkl throats provide, esp at net when weighted up. I expect this will be some racket, have you hit with it yet?

drummerdan
12-10-2012, 02:37 PM
To me, a modern feel is a quick response off the string bed. In contrast, a more traditional feel has more dwell time. The stick is also very stable with little need for additional lead tape.

Yeah, this is how I define the "modern" racquet, too. All of us who play the PB10 know about the "flutter". And coming from a stiff racquet it's a little weird but we also know how great this stick is to play. I love it and would like to see it slightly stiffer so this new model might be awesome.

Any specifics as to when it might be out?

Samuka
12-11-2012, 04:35 AM
Hi Hominator !

The big question: have you decided to change to organix? :confused:

Cheers

Hominator
12-11-2012, 06:13 AM
Hi Hominator !

The big question: have you decided to change to organix? :confused:

Cheers

I think it's inevitable that I'll get a few to mess around with, but I'm very happy with my Dunlop 3.0 F Tours. I've been training more seriously for tournaments this coming year, so I need to just stick with one frame.

...for now :)

Benske
12-11-2012, 11:36 AM
I am a current pb10 user. If this racquet adresses the upper hoop flutter; this will be my number 1 option to switch to. Otherwise, this is a big enough annoyance for me that i am looking to switch sooner rather than later. Hopefully an early 13 entry?

Anyone have any other worthy considerations? vcore89, blade93?

5.0 all-court, heavy spin, 1hbh.

Cheers.

Hominator
12-11-2012, 02:56 PM
I am a current pb10 user. If this racquet adresses the upper hoop flutter; this will be my number 1 option to switch to. Otherwise, this is a big enough annoyance for me that i am looking to switch sooner rather than later. Hopefully an early 13 entry?

Cheers.

Have you tried a little lead at 10/2 on each side of the frame?

I had the same complaint, but just a very little amount of lead tape at those points completely solved the problem. I was very surprised that such little weight could change the feel so dramatically.

Benske
12-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Hom,
Thanks. Yes I have tried 10 and 2, 3 and 6. Current setup is tape from 10 to 2 counter weighted in the handle... Seems to be best setup for me so far.

Sage
12-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Does anyone know the exact date when this will available at TW?

Korso
12-28-2012, 05:02 PM

Cheers.

I switched briefly to the Vcore89 but ended up coming back to the PB10 mid. I hit my one handed backhands better with the Vcore89 but never could really dial in my forehand enough to be a consistant weapon. The Vcore89 is still a great racket and I hit with it from time to time.

vsbabolat
12-28-2012, 07:30 PM

I sent a email to Voelkl and never heard back from them.

Hominator
01-07-2013, 05:32 AM
I received the two X10 mid prototypes this weekend from one of the Volkl playesters in the US and took them for a hit. My thoughts on the sticks forthcoming, but in the meantime, please enjoy the pics:

http://i50.tinypic.com/sy182r.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2vry44i.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/y2qu.jpg

Hominator
01-07-2013, 05:37 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/1zlaxlj.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/331hg6p.jpg

Hominator
01-07-2013, 05:38 AM
I sent a email to Voelkl and never heard back from them.

My understanding as of this weekend is that the mids will be available sometime between the French Open and Wimbledon.

Magic of tennis
01-07-2013, 10:17 AM
what is the stiffness of this racquet?

jankustra
01-07-2013, 10:39 AM
I can not wait to test it! volkl PB10mid is best racket ever... new type looks very nice(volkl on side have to be white for me...) but I will test new frame before buy one...

corners
01-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Looks to be a box beam from the pics. Interesting. Head shape looks roughly the same though.

Hominator
01-07-2013, 11:59 AM
what is the stiffness of this racquet?

The final production should spec out at about 61.

Hominator
01-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Looks to be a box beam from the pics. Interesting. Head shape looks roughly the same though.

It's actually not a box beam - it has the same frame shape as th PB10 Mid, with the exception of the Organix at the poles. Head shape is identical to the PB10 Mid.

corners
01-07-2013, 12:43 PM
It's actually not a box beam - it has the same frame shape as th PB10 Mid, with the exception of the Organix at the poles. Head shape is identical to the PB10 Mid.

Ah, looked boxy in the photos. Thanks.

Hominator
01-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Ah, looked boxy in the photos. Thanks.

Well, the areas where the throat meets the hoop are boxy.

corners
01-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Well, the areas where the throat meets the hoop are boxy.

Hmm, that's different from the PB10. They say that can have a pretty big impact on feel. Looking forward to your notes.

Hominator
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM

Just learned that TW will likely have this for pre-sale sometime late next week. Release date should be sometime between then and February 1st.

Hitting with the stick again tonight before I post my thoughts on the frame.

TW Staff
01-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Hominator,

I have even better news. The racquet came early and we currently have it up on our site for pre-sale (should arrive in approximately a week).

Check it out here:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=VO10M

Brittany, TW

jlan
01-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Hominator,

I have even better news. The racquet came early and we currently have it up on our site for pre-sale (should arrive in approximately a week).

Check it out here:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=VO10M

Brittany, TW

Awesome news! :D

BoingTennis
01-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Great early surprise for 2013 :)

BTW, seems like the Organix Mid is considerably lighter and more head heavy than the PB10M.

I wonder how that's gonna change the characteristic compared to the PB10M

Matchball
01-11-2013, 10:21 PM
It seems like they wanted to open up the frame specs to more people. Looking forward to some comments - especially a comparison with PB 10.

APG
01-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Just learned that TW will likely have this for pre-sale sometime late next week. Release date should be sometime between then and February 1st.

Hitting with the stick again tonight before I post my thoughts on the frame.
Hominator,
What is your take on the X10 Mid?
Will look forward to your observations.
I was also curious about your Volkl play testers impression. Does it string tight like the X10325.

MesQueUnClub
01-13-2013, 06:35 PM
Current PB10 mid user. I would love to hear hominator's comparison of the 2 racquets as well...atleast some early impressions

Hominator
01-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Sorry guys, this whole work thing is getting in the way of my tennis! :)

For reference, I've previously played with the PB10 mid and X10 325 on and off for about a year. My current stick is the Dunlop Biomimetic F 3.0 Tour. The X10 mid prototype I hit with was the eventual production model, strung with Volkl Vfeel on a constant pull machine at 55/51.5. I'm a former college player from back in the mid-nineties.

My initial impressions of the frame:

The X10 mid plays pretty much how I expected it to play, when I heard of its development about 2 years ago. If you are familiar with Volkl's other Organix frames, such as the X10 325, you'll know what I mean, as the Organix material creates a very firm and stable hoop with little to no flex.

Compared to the PB10 mid, the new X10 mid is more stable and hits a heavier ball. The "flutter" or "wobble" that was prevalent on the PB10 mid is completely gone. The sweetspot continues to be large and forgiving and makes the frame play like it has a bigger head size.

My impression is also that the X10 mid moves a little slower through the air. This isn't surprising since the PB10 mid moved VERY quickly through the air. Not sure if this is due to a change in balance or not. The feel on contact, however, is very different from the PB10 mid. The X10 mid feels very much like the other Organix racquets in Volkl's line - solid with very little vibration to the hand. I personally like the Organix feel - it feels very clean on contact. Others, especially those who prefer the "traditional Volkl feel" may need some time to get used to this new feel.

The X10 mid is a very solid stick. If you drive the ball with spin from the baseline, this frame is a beast if you can keep your bat speed up, due to its weight, smaller head size, and stability. This thing hits a heavier ball than My PB10 mid, X10325, and Dunlop Biomimetic F 3.0 Tour, hands down. I'm preparing for some tournaments the first part of the year, so I'm not switching frames. But I'm definitely going to pick up a couple down the road.

I'm going to reach out to one of the Volkl US playtesters of this frame for his thoughts. When I receive them, I'll post them as well.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to ask any specific questions.

Hominator
01-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Hominator,
What is your take on the X10 Mid?
Will look forward to your observations.
I was also curious about your Volkl play testers impression. Does it string tight like the X10325.

Please see my thoughts on the frame, above. And yes, it does string tight like the other Organix frames.

APG
01-14-2013, 02:31 PM
I have strung my X10 325, 50/47. Would i look to drop it more or about the same on a smaller head (x10mid) with gut. Is the power still quite controllable if you hit more flat than with spin.
Thanks for all your input. I don't know if you hit with the LT but with the open pattern this sounds more powerful and with a larger sweetspot.

jonahnaturals
01-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Here's a review from a friend:

"The X10 Mid plays like a fully loaded PB 10 Mid but with more bite, and allows for far faster racquet head acceleration. The tip of the frame is substantially more firm than a PB 10 Mid with lead weight at 12:00---even when you take into account racquet head acceleration and far less weight. If you hit with spin, the string bed really bites, surprisingly, even above the sweet spot towards 12:00. The string bed in this stick is exceptionally responsive, and it is very stable at stock weight. One very positive aspect is that the stick applies spin like a 16x19, but, the ball does not fly, so you have similar control to an 18x20, so it ends all of the PB 10 Mid's complaints of being too whippy or that the ball flies. Slices are also driven deep and very skiddy off the bounce.

"As with all X frames, the X10 feels soft in your hand, even though it is firm on contact. There is no head wobble, and the dwell time is not long in-comparison, if strung at the same tension as a PB 10 Mid. This frame takes the PB 10 Mid as a "feel frame" to a modern spin frame with feel, so traditional Volkl players should be quite happy. Thus, the X10 Mid is a solid update. Also, if the player is good enough, this frame will help his/her game to evolve more to how the game is being played today, with a need for less modification/less added weight, and with little need for conscious adjustments. Lastly, at a 61 stiffness rating, at stock comparisons, it will feel stiffer than the PB 10 Mid, and much stiffer than even a loaded BB LT.

"The X10 Mid is like the Melbourne, two of the few player's frames over Volkl's past 20 years in the USA, which for most players, plays excellent stock."

APG
01-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Thank you. I value your friends take on the mid. I am tempted to buy one without demoing. If I string my London Tour with full gut at 50/47 does your friend suggest the same with the Volkl mid. My stringer uses a constant pull machine.
Thanks in advance.

cst
01-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Hope Chris will be reviewing it and looking forward to the review :)

zumzool
01-29-2013, 06:20 AM
Anyone else tried this racquet? I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed more.

suppawat
01-29-2013, 08:00 AM
I tried it for 20 mins. It has more weight distributed towards the head than PB10, and results in much more power and plow-thru. It hits heavier ball than many mid-sized frames like Head IG Prestige Mid, Donnay X-Dual Gold 94, Wilson Pro Staff 90 BLX, Boris Becker London Tour. Actually, it's slightly overpowered but it can be from the string I used - Weisscannon Dual Reality. This string has excellent feel, but weird power level. Full poly should work better with the X10mid. Grip shape is so flat and makes my one handed backhand difficult to execute.

My friend who uses BB London Tour fell in love with this frame right away. He said the X10mid plays much more solid than his London Tour. We will see how long this honeymoon will last for.

The X10mid can compare to Wilson K Six One Tour, while the PB10 (older one) is similar to Wilson Pro Staff 85. In overall, this can be another good frame for baseliners.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/304142_212943418830731_824987395_n.jpg

APG
01-29-2013, 12:17 PM
I have been playing with this racket for several days. Mine are strung with full gut at a low tension.
The previous reviews on this thread are spot on.
I have been playing with customized BB LT.
At first playing with this stick was an adjustment. I have a X10325 but never really felt comfortable. I prefer smaller head rackets.
93 is perfect.
Once I adjusted to the unique feel I am preferring ( at least for the moment ) the mid. As Hominator indicated this stick feels larger than a 93 in terms of the sweetspot. It has nice plowthru and I am hitting a heavier ball than with my LT's. I am more a flat hitter but I have been incorporating more spin. This stick as one reviewer said Allows you with the open pattern to hit with more spin but with plenty of control.
It is the best of both worlds. Spin on the serve is more accessible and I am getting more pace on my serves. It is efficient and quite maneuverable when volleying and slice bites nicely.
Lastly, despite its firm feel it is soft on the arm with no vibration.
I have not added weight yet but not sure yet the need.
There is no instability yet detected. I usually prefer something a little over 12ozs but will play stock and experiment.
I will keep you posted but essentially I can only punctuate and validate what others have said. This is a nice and comfortable stick.
My LT's will sit for now.

Matchball
02-02-2013, 08:12 PM
I would describe the new Organix 10 Mid as "crisp-mute" rather than "buttery-mute". Hominator nailed it, the other guys here, too. I am not sure comfort or lack of vibrations or anything of the like is better or worse; I would say the new grip did not seem to make much of a difference.

Stability, yes, especially that tricky upper part of the hoop seems to be an addressed issue. Note that my PB 10s were less head light and the referenced problem of instability high up the head was really not obvious. I know it is inherently there in the "regular" more HL version, because I have a 3rd stick which is like this, more HL and definitely slightly different than the matched pair.

All in all, the new incarnation is a more modern stick, with unexpected pop right off the stringbed. It is easier to play with more margin from the net and you can potentially get more spin, possibly translating into a heavier ball.

The flex is totally different (not just because of the organix; notice that the throat area is different and that the frame is also a tad thicker - looks so, too).

The hard-core "traditionalists" won't like it that much, but people who did not fancy the soft feel and flex of the older version (or for some reason they were turned off by something), especially newcomers searching for plug 'n play easily accessible power and spin, might find some value/utility thanks to the new attributes.

In some aspects, this new frame felt like the Vcore 89 to me.

zumzool
02-06-2013, 02:44 PM
the review....

http://youtu.be/PE3WNMPlMfA

Dasol
02-08-2013, 04:25 PM
I playtested organix 10 mid today, and it felt great! I previously used C10 Pro and the new organix 10 mid is much more solid than C10 pro IMO. Yes, the silky smooth feeling of powerbridge 10 and C10 pro seems to be gone, but it is still very comfort.

Compared to C10 Pro, the stringbed seems to be less livelier and more muted, but I think it has more power and pop than organix 10 MP (325). It is very easy to serve and the sweetspot seems to be relatively large too. I played against an aggresive player today and organix 10 mid was not pushed back at all. Compared to my current stick, pure storm tour, it has less power and more control, but adjustment was not so hard.

Organix 10 mid still has the clean and smooth feel of Volkl, and it is less demanding compared to other mid size frames IMO.

All in all, a very nice racquet!:)

APG
02-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Appreciate your take. I concur with your observations. It is a "user friendly" mid. Nice balance of power & control. Volley's superbly.
Would you consider adding just a little bit of weight to this stick?
perhaps make it also a little more headlight?

maxpotapov
02-09-2013, 06:15 AM
Why is everyone knocking the feel of Organix 10 Mid?
All I hear is "the silky smooth feeling of [previous generation] seems to be gone"

What good is "comfort" without "silky smooth feeling"? :(

Dasol
02-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Appreciate your take. I concur with your observations. It is a "user friendly" mid. Nice balance of power & control. Volley's superbly.
Would you consider adding just a little bit of weight to this stick?
perhaps make it also a little more headlight?

Compared to the powerbridge 10, I think organix 10 mid seems to be head-heavy, but IMO this might be the reason why this stick is so stable and not so much whippy. Producing RHS for serve and groundstroke is not a problem at all with organix 10 mid, so I don't think I will add weight in order to make it more headlight. I really like the fact that organix 10 mid produces heavier ball than powerbridge 10 and C10 Pro.

Dasol
02-09-2013, 06:46 AM
Why is everyone knocking the feel of Organix 10 Mid?
All I hear is "the silky smooth feeling of [previous generation] seems to be gone"

What good is "comfort" without "silky smooth feeling"? :(

Good point! :)

I do not know, but for me volkl is always for its unique "feel" compared to other frames, so whenever people talk about volkl, it is so natural for them to mention the feel IMO.

When I say organix 10 mid is still comfort, though the previous silky smooth feel is gone, I am comparing it to other frames such as from Babolat or even from Wilson. I like the frames from them, but compared to volkl, they are much more crisp and sometimes harsh to me. Although organix 10 mid is not so much silky smooth like powerbridge 10 or C10 pro that I used, compared to Babolat's and Wilson's frames, I think it is much softer and plusher. Also, when I feel the "clean" feel of the frame, rather than jarring feel, I describe it as comfort too.

maxpotapov
02-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Good point! :)

I do not know, but for me volkl is always for its unique "feel" compared to other frames, so whenever people talk about volkl, it is so natural for them to mention the feel IMO.

When I say organix 10 mid is still comfort, though the previous silky smooth feel is gone, I am comparing it to other frames such as from Babolat or even from Wilson. I like the frames from them, but compared to volkl, they are much more crisp and sometimes harsh to me. Although organix 10 mid is not so much silky smooth like powerbridge 10 or C10 pro that I used, compared to Babolat's and Wilson's frames, I think it is much softer and plusher. Also, when I feel the "clean" feel of the frame, rather than jarring feel, I describe it as comfort too.

OK that feels better! :)
I play tested PB 10 Mid and would not mind the same feel but with less metallic overtones. So maybe this muted version is just it.

Dasol
02-09-2013, 05:12 PM
I have been playing with this racket for several days. Mine are strung with full gut at a low tension.
The previous reviews on this thread are spot on.
I have been playing with customized BB LT.
At first playing with this stick was an adjustment. I have a X10325 but never really felt comfortable. I prefer smaller head rackets.
93 is perfect.
Once I adjusted to the unique feel I am preferring ( at least for the moment ) the mid. As Hominator indicated this stick feels larger than a 93 in terms of the sweetspot. It has nice plowthru and I am hitting a heavier ball than with my LT's. I am more a flat hitter but I have been incorporating more spin. This stick as one reviewer said Allows you with the open pattern to hit with more spin but with plenty of control.
It is the best of both worlds. Spin on the serve is more accessible and I am getting more pace on my serves. It is efficient and quite maneuverable when volleying and slice bites nicely.
Lastly, despite its firm feel it is soft on the arm with no vibration.
I have not added weight yet but not sure yet the need.
There is no instability yet detected. I usually prefer something a little over 12ozs but will play stock and experiment.
I will keep you posted but essentially I can only punctuate and validate what others have said. This is a nice and comfortable stick.
My LT's will sit for now.

APG,

Is Organix 10 mid good with full gut at low tension? I playtested it with NRG2 at 55, and it was quite powerful yet no problem with control. Somebody here mentioned that full poly might be a better option for Organix 10 mid, so I want to know your experience with full gut at low tension

tlm
02-09-2013, 09:33 PM
I have demoed this racket for 2 days now and It is very nice. It has great feel and very good spin. It is surprising at the amount of spin it gives for a small head size.

Good power also the ball really goes through the court, I am very impressed with this racket. I demoed the old model and liked it to, but this one is much better playing to me. Anyone that likes a racket in this spec range should really give it a try.

APG
02-10-2013, 05:11 AM
APG,

Is Organix 10 mid good with full gut at low tension? I playtested it with NRG2 at 55, and it was quite powerful yet no problem with control. Somebody here mentioned that full poly might be a better option for Organix 10 mid, so I want to know your experience with full gut at low tension

Dasol,
I have never played with poly's because of elbow issues in the past. However, the mid plays very smoothly with full gut.
I do not see any drop off in control. I hit more flat but I am getting a fair amount of spin with the mid. I strung it at 50/47(c) and as would expect there is plenty of power on tap but control as well. I string my sticks with Wilson 17 which is close to the old Babolat formulation. Strung at low tensions there is that organix stiff but soft sensation. It is hard to describe but what most people call the Volkl feeling. This set up appears to also get some ball pocketing.

tlm
02-10-2013, 08:27 PM
I tried this racket again today and I am more impressed every time out. This is one special racket, one of the nicest feeling rackets I have ever used with great spin power and control.

SJSA
02-10-2013, 11:16 PM
What is its real strung weight, 11.8 or 12.1 oz?

tlm
02-11-2013, 04:29 AM
What is its real strung weight, 11.8 or 12.1 oz?

The one that I am demoing weighs 11.9 ounces.

Dasol
02-11-2013, 05:43 PM
I tried this racket again today and I am more impressed every time out. This is one special racket, one of the nicest feeling rackets I have ever used with great spin power and control.

Tlm,

What string/tension do you have for this stick? Since I am playtesting with a demo strung with NRG2 at 55, (so I cannot change string) I want to know what string/tension others use for organix 10 mid.

IMO, multis like NRG 2 seems to be fine and I can drop the tension a little bit more. Have you used with poly?

tlm
02-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Tlm,

What string/tension do you have for this stick? Since I am playtesting with a demo strung with NRG2 at 55, (so I cannot change string) I want to know what string/tension others use for organix 10 mid.

IMO, multis like NRG 2 seems to be fine and I can drop the tension a little bit more. Have you used with poly?

The first set up I tried was volkl cyclone 17 at 55 lbs. and it was pretty good. Then tried dunlop black widow 17 at 60 lbs. and it did not play as well.

Sander001
02-11-2013, 08:29 PM
I am thinking about ordering one but there's no 4 5/8 grip available?

drummerdan
02-11-2013, 09:23 PM
When is the written review going to be posted? I'm curious what numbers they will assign to the various categories.

1st Seed
02-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Finally got it from back order.Slapped on the usual Gut/PHT 50-48lbs.Taking it out for a test drive tomorrow.Very nice looking love the all black look,Ill give a mini-review soon some pics to enjoyhttp://i48.tinypic.com/29vknqp.jpghttp://i45.tinypic.com/2mnj091.jpgFeels like a beast even without lead:}
I hit really flat Very little spin.Volkl sticks are awesome

MesQueUnClub
02-19-2013, 09:48 AM
I'm tempted to try this, but I am very happy with my PB10 mids which is perfect for my game. The racquetaholic in me wants to try a new racquet - though I am not planning to switch. Right now it's a toss up between this and the C10 pro. what to do...

Hominator
02-20-2013, 05:46 AM
Just thought you guys might be interested in seeing what a Volkl-sponsored player gets (not me).

The standard player package includes 5 frames, 12 sets of string, a mega bag, Volkl t-shirts, about a half dozen socks, Volkl stencil and ink. Not all items are included in the pics since some items were backordered.

I was part of Head's College Pro program back in the early nineties and didn't get nearly this much stuff...

http://i50.tinypic.com/puook.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/10nc9vl.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/160sim0.jpg

Dasol
02-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Just thought you guys might be interested in seeing what a Volkl-sponsored player gets (not me).

The standard player package includes 5 frames, 12 sets of string, a mega bag, Volkl t-shirts, about a half dozen socks, Volkl stencil and ink. Not all items are included in the pics since some items were backordered.

I was part of Head's College Pro program back in the early nineties and didn't get nearly this much stuff...

http://i50.tinypic.com/puook.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/10nc9vl.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/160sim0.jpg

Wow, thanks for sharing these pictures!!

Previously I heard that Volkl does not sponsor pro players in order to concerntrate on developing their technology, rather than spending lots of money for advertising. But it might be wrong info, or they sponsor college players.

Anyway, any further reviews on Organix 10 mid??

Hominator
02-20-2013, 01:25 PM
I haven't hit with the X10 mid since I playtested and reviewed the prototype a few weeks ago. I'll probably consider switching to it later this summer, but right now, I'm very happy with my current racquets.

ChimayBlue
02-28-2013, 03:40 AM
Hi! I'm considering switching to Organix 10 mid,but I can't demo the racquet.
Two years I was using Pb10 Mid which is great racquet,but there was always to much oscillation from the frame and was little to muted but overall great stick. So I was wondering is organix good change up from pb10 mid. Has anyone here made the switch?
Is organix 10 mid more firmer and crisper then pb10 mid,I am little suspicious towards Organix because of the new specs, I 'm afraid it might be to head heavy or little sluggish through the air?
I'm also considering YONEX VCORE TOUR 89 switch ,so if anyone has made it, I would like to hear their opinion?
Thanks!!

mrmike
02-28-2013, 03:49 AM
Hi! I'm considering switching to Organix 10 mid,but I can't demo the racquet.
Two years I was using Pb10 Mid which is great racquet,but there was always to much oscillation from the frame and was little to muted but overall great stick. So I was wondering is organix good change up from pb10 mid. Has anyone here made the switch?
Is organix 10 mid more firmer and crisper then pb10 mid,I am little suspicious towards Organix because of the new specs, I 'm afraid it might be to head heavy or little sluggish through the air?
I'm also considering YONEX VCORE TOUR 89 switch ,so if anyone has made it, I would like to hear their opinion?
Thanks!!

Here is a recent comment from TW Chris comparing these two frames and the C10.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=7240558&postcount=23

ChimayBlue
02-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Thanks mrmike! I'm hoping for little more opinions!!

SJSA
02-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Check "Customer Reivews" for more feedbacks.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/feedback-VO10M.html

Some people complains the lack of maneuverability due to feeling of higher swingweight with X10 M even though it has lower swingweight in its spec compared to PB10 M.

Matt21
03-01-2013, 03:10 AM
I demo'd the Organix 10 and hated it. I thought it felt stiff compared to the PB10 and felt the sweet spot was MUCH smaller (Prestige Mid and Blade Tour are also 93 sq" and have tighter string patterns but the sweet spot on both is larger).

ChimayBlue
03-01-2013, 03:17 AM
I demo'd the Organix 10 and hated it. I thought it felt stiff compared to the PB10 and felt the sweet spot was MUCH smaller (Prestige Mid and Blade Tour are also 93 sq" and have tighter string patterns but the sweet spot on both is larger).

Do you think it is sluggish or to much head heavy??
Maybe you should try lower your string weight!!

Dasol
03-01-2013, 05:38 AM

I haven't used the Prestige Mid and Blade Mid, but I do not think the sweetspot of Organix 10 mid is small. Every time I play with Organix 10 mid, I am suprised by how big the sweetspot is despite of its small headsize. Maybe your string tension is too tight or your demo string is not good.

Sander001
03-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Anymore updates? I'm thinking of buying one to try out. For the last 6yrs have been using Yonex RDS001 90 and was wondering if anybody can offer any comparison.

eidolonshinobi
03-06-2013, 06:12 AM
hmm the responses to the X10mid seem to be polarized. I was hoping that this was going to be a true update to my previous beloved (pb10 mid).

PhxRacket
03-06-2013, 07:57 AM
I currently play with an older model Blade 98. I want something easier on my 46 year old shoulder. Is this the one? Would this racket be stable against other 5.0, 46 year old men? I have a big serve and long, spinny groundstrokes.

rickz
03-06-2013, 10:19 AM
this looks like my current stick - a tad davis classic - with a paint job! (recreational hacker that hits long most of the time ,but doesn't really care)

Hominator
03-06-2013, 04:04 PM
I currently play with an older model Blade 98. I want something easier on my 46 year old shoulder. Is this the one? Would this racket be stable against other 5.0, 46 year old men? I have a big serve and long, spinny groundstrokes.

I'm a former college player and I still hit with current college players. It's plenty stable in stock form.

Cesar1992
03-06-2013, 04:32 PM

Some people complains the lack of maneuverability due to feeling of higher swingweight with X10 M even though it has lower swingweight in its spec compared to PB10 M.

don't think that is a valid comparison because everyone complained about how fast the PB 10 Mid swung when it first came out, and the standard mod was to put some lead at 2/10, which seemed to work for everyone (see http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=317834&highlight=Volkl+PB10+Mid). I would say that the X10 Mid fixes the PB 10 Mid's problems. The extra weight at 2/10 also got rid of the head wobble in the PB 10 Mid, so it could be argued that the X10 Mid fixed everything, and is more modern as well. It can be played as is. No one at all has been talking about customizing it as they did with the PB 10 Mid, and that is rare with any racquet.

Cesar1992
03-06-2013, 04:47 PM

To light/too heavy; to heavy/too light. Can't make anyone happy!

tmc5005
03-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Is the X10 mid different than the VOLKL Organix 10 Mid Tennis Racquet, the
VOLKL Organix 10 Mid Tennis Racquet just came out.
The specs are

Head Size:93 sq. in MP
Length:27 inches
Weight:Strung 12.2 oz Unstrung 11.6 oz
Tension:50-60 pounds
Balance:8 Pts Head Light
Beam Width:19 mm
Composition:Organix/Carbon
Flex:59
Grip Type:Biotac Grip
Power Level:Low
String Pattern: 16 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 8T, 7H, 9H
Two Piece
No Shared Holes
Swing Speed:Fast
Swing Weight:318

eidolonshinobi
03-07-2013, 04:51 AM
don't think that is a valid comparison because everyone complained about how fast the PB 10 Mid swung when it first came out, and the standard mod was to put some lead at 2/10, which seemed to work for everyone (see http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=317834&highlight=Volkl+PB10+Mid). I would say that the X10 Mid fixes the PB 10 Mid's problems. The extra weight at 2/10 also got rid of the head wobble in the PB 10 Mid, so it could be argued that the X10 Mid fixed everything, and is more modern as well. It can be played as is. No one at all has been talking about customizing it as they did with the PB 10 Mid, and that is rare with any racquet.
Ughhhh...Do I have to switch back to Volkl!? haha

To light/too heavy; to heavy/too light. Can't make anyone happy!

Those who think it's too heavy, probably don't have the skill to wield this frame.

SJSA
03-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Is the X10 mid different than the VOLKL Organix 10 Mid Tennis Racquet, the
VOLKL Organix 10 Mid Tennis Racquet just came out.
The specs are

Head Size:93 sq. in MP
Length:27 inches
Weight:Strung 12.2 oz Unstrung 11.6 oz
Tension:50-60 pounds
Balance:8 Pts Head Light
Beam Width:19 mm
Composition:Organix/Carbon
Flex:59
Grip Type:Biotac Grip
Power Level:Low
String Pattern: 16 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 8T, 7H, 9H
Two Piece
No Shared Holes
Swing Speed:Fast
Swing Weight:318

X10 mid = Organix 10 Mid

Sander001
03-07-2013, 09:34 AM
I ordered one. My first new racquet in some 6yrs and really look forward to it.
Have never really hit with a Volkl before and curious to find out what this famous Volkl feel is all about. I'm a long time Yonex user[001 Mid mostly] and I'm trying to find a good compromise between the control of a Midsize and the spin of a Mid+. Sometimes I bust out the old RDS002Tour and it has a ridonculous amount of spin.

Anyway, what can I expect?

1st Seed
03-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Hi guys,Girls:arrow:Mind you I only have three hours or so with it so far.Really is a different animal then the PB 10.Way more pop,no where near as soft,Really feel the additional swingweight.I have not even contemplated putting lead on

My PB 10's are roughly the 365g range with lead at 3&9.After putting on my babo replacement grip and then an overgrip over that my X10 weighs in at 340.Gut\ poly set-up 50lbs.

I agree with previous posters that this is a really good update,Volkl addressed all the issues that the pb was lacking,but still not wondering too far off from its roots.Still is comfortable,Same great feel not quite as buttery smooth.Really stable,delivers a very heavy ball.Slices are deadly.Just the added swingweight for those of you who preferred NOT to customize the PB will be a real difference.
Any questions i'll try to report back swiftly
Take Care

eidolonshinobi
03-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Hi guys,Girls:arrow:Mind you I only have three hours or so with it so far.Really is a different animal then the PB 10.Way more pop,no where near as soft,Really feel the additional swingweight.I have not even contemplated putting lead on

My PB 10's are roughly the 365g range with lead at 3&9.After putting on my babo replacement grip and then an overgrip over that my X10 weighs in at 340.Gut\ poly set-up 50lbs.

I agree with previous posters that this is a really good update,Volkl addressed all the issues that the pb was lacking,but still not wondering too far off from its roots.Still is comfortable,Same great feel not quite as buttery smooth.Really stable,delivers a very heavy ball.Slices are deadly.Just the added swingweight for those of you who preferred NOT to customize the PB will be a real difference.
Any questions i'll try to report back swiftly
Take Care

I wonder why this is the case with the swingweight. TW lists the X10mid as 318g, and the PB10mid at 320g. The X10 mid also has a lighter average static weight of 11.8oz vs 12.1 of the PB10mid.

SJSA
03-11-2013, 10:30 AM
I wonder why this is the case with the swingweight. TW lists the X10mid as 318g, and the PB10mid at 320g. The X10 mid also has a lighter average static weight of 11.8oz vs 12.1 of the PB10mid.

Because the balance points are different: X10 mid (6 pts) vs PB10 mid (10 pts)

MesQueUnClub
03-11-2013, 10:51 AM
I broke down and bought one. Should be here in a couple of days.

EDIT : Well it's here. With an overgrip and a dampner it weighs 354 grams (12.5 oz) heavier than my PB10 mids. 8 pts HL.
The swing weight definitely feels much higher than the PB10 mids.

Cesar1992
03-11-2013, 05:55 PM
My coach was one of the six guys who play tested the two prototypes which they chose to make the final decision as to which one to produce, and all six agreed on the final produced version. According to Volkl, both frames have the identical specs. However, the PB 10 Mid has a stiffness rating of 59 RA, and the X10 Mid's stiffness rating is 61 RA. He said that during the first hit, you could feel the difference in how the racquet swung in the air vs the PB 10 Mid; it swung normal, whereas the PB 10 Mid swung faster. He needed no adjustment period with the X10 Mid, but required days with the PB 10 Mid, until he added some weight at 2/10. He switched to the X10 Mid last November, and customized them to match his individual specs as he did with the PB 10 Mid.

zumzool
03-11-2013, 10:01 PM
For as many players who loved the PB10 Mid, I'm surprised we haven't heard more about the update to this frame. I couldn't wait any long and finally purchased one. I've been reluctant to post however since I haven't been playing for the last 2 months. My conditioning and footwork have been atrocious but i finally have a few hitting sessions with it to form an opinion. AS others have said, the Organix 10 Mid update is a lot more stable in stock form. However, I have found the PB10 to be more forgiving. This could be due to the string set up I used for the Organix 10 Mid (cyclone 17 at 54/56). It was a bit jarring on off center hits although performed much better when i took the vibration dampener off. I suspect I'm just not a fan of the more modern crispy feel.

Sander001
03-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Played my first match with the X10 Midsize and I really like it! Even though mine came in at 12.3oz/349gr and 323SW it felt light swinging it, quite a bit lighter than my Yonex 001 90's. I thought it would be flimsy but it actually held up alright though my 001's are quite a bit more solid especially on the volley. I will definitely add a leather grip to make it sturdier.

Anyway, groundstrokes were very good, big sweetspot and nice power with very good control. Not as consistent as my Yonex but still very good overall. Serving was excellent: Good pace with control on the 1st serve and 2nd serve kickers had plenty of margin and action.

A bit disappointed in the feel and comfort. Was hoping for a substantial improvement but all in all, I am impressed, especially since this is my first new racquet 6yrs. To go straight into a match with a new racquet without practice and win easily, is maybe the highest praise of all.
My coach was one of the six guys who play tested the two prototypes which they chose to make the final decision as to which one to produce, and all six agreed on the final produced version. According to Volkl, both frames have the identical specs. However, the PB 10 Mid has a stiffness rating of 59 RA, and the X10 Mid's stiffness rating is 61 RA. He said that during the first hit, you could feel the difference in how the racquet swung in the air vs the PB 10 Mid; it swung normal, whereas the PB 10 Mid swung faster. He needed no adjustment period with the X10 Mid, but required days with the PB 10 Mid, until he added some weight at 2/10. He switched to the X10 Mid last November, and customized them to match his individual specs as he did with the PB 10 Mid.Cool info!
Makes sense about the flex as a lighter example[like the specs on the TW page] will flex more.

MesQueUnClub
03-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Played 4 sets of doubles with my racquet. Strung at 50/46 with TB 17G. Like I had mentioned earlier mine came in at 12.5 oz with an overgrip and dampner.

Initial impression : To start with the bad, that buttery smooth feel of PB10 mid is not there in this one. The frame is still soft but very muted. With Pb10 mid, I felt connected to ball, but with this one, it's like you have to check the ball to know if you actually hit the ball or not. I am exaggerating a bit, but you get the point.

Everything else is a positive. The serves are much better with this one. My only issue with the Pb10 mid is that it's not he best serving stick around. I can hit where I want with it, but the power was not there. X10 mid solves that issue. Plenty of power with placement with this frame.

Volleys were crisp and even with the relative lack of feel, the touch shots were fine. The frame is rock solid stable.

Returns were about the same and nothing to complain about. Slice stayed low and was biting.

That's all I have from playing doubles.

eidolonshinobi
03-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Because the balance points are different: X10 mid (6 pts) vs PB10 mid (10 pts)

Doesn't explain the static weight.

SJSA
03-20-2013, 09:45 AM
TW review for this racket just posted.

Sander001
03-20-2013, 11:27 AM
TW review for this racket just posted.Thanks.
Yeah after my second outing I have to agree with Andy saying it's bit unstable vs. heavier hitters.
I still have to see how it plays with an increase in weight from leather grip.

SJSA
03-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Add lead tapes at 3 & 9 for stability.
I had the same issue with EXO3 Tour 16x18.
Keep updating your review.
I'm interested buying this racket.

Matchball
03-20-2013, 02:28 PM
It feels better with leather grip, feel/feedback is more direct and the racquet does need the extra HL-ness.

Cesar1992
03-20-2013, 07:07 PM
It plays excellent stock if you play a modern topspin game. If you hit flatter, then add some lead at 3/9. I think that this frame is one of the best mids out there.

dje31
03-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Can anyone compare the X10 Mid to the IG Prestige Mid?

eidolonshinobi
03-21-2013, 09:28 AM
According to the review and comparative ratings, both Chris and Granville like the new X10 mid more than the PB10mid.

I guess they both thought that this was an upgrade to the previous version. Contrary to what most people on this thread feel about this racquet.

I wish I could demo this badboy and see for myself.

Sander001
03-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Andy didn't seem to like this racquet very much, his overall score was a 7 while everybody else's was at least an 8.2!

Does anybody know if they all use the same particular racquet for a review?

Hominator
03-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Played 4 sets of doubles with my racquet. Strung at 50/46 with TB 17G. Like I had mentioned earlier mine came in at 12.5 oz with an overgrip and dampner.

Initial impression : To start with the bad, that buttery smooth feel of PB10 mid is not there in this one. The frame is still soft but very muted. With Pb10 mid, I felt connected to ball, but with this one, it's like you have to check the ball to know if you actually hit the ball or not. I am exaggerating a bit, but you get the point.

Everything else is a positive. The serves are much better with this one. My only issue with the Pb10 mid is that it's not he best serving stick around. I can hit where I want with it, but the power was not there. X10 mid solves that issue. Plenty of power with placement with this frame.

Volleys were crisp and even with the relative lack of feel, the touch shots were fine. The frame is rock solid stable.

Returns were about the same and nothing to complain about. Slice stayed low and was biting.

That's all I have from playing doubles.

I know what you mean, regarding feel. However, in my own experience, the feel is there, but it's very different from the pre-Organix frames. In my opinion, it just takes some time to adjust to.

Cesar1992
03-28-2013, 07:36 PM
I know what you mean, regarding feel. However, in my own experience, the feel is there, but it's very different from the pre-Organix frames. In my opinion, it just takes some time to adjust to.

Really? Could it be because you were coming from a Dunlop? When I told my coach what you said, he emailed me: "I totally enjoy its "normal" swing though the air, as opposed to the PB 10 Mid's "Daytona speed" though the hitting zone. I haven't leaded mine-up yet since I've been ill, but the X10 Mid plays very similar to my customized PB 10 Mid, albeit lighter. All I did when I play tested it was to swing with more spin, which is exactly what it was designed to do. It isn't as much of a feel stick as the PB 10 Mid; it is a powered-up PB 10 Mid." He said "what's up", BTW!

Hominator
04-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Really? Could it be because you were coming from a Dunlop? When I told my coach what you said, he emailed me: "I totally enjoy its "normal" swing though the air, as opposed to the PB 10 Mid's "Daytona speed" though the hitting zone. I haven't leaded mine-up yet since I've been ill, but the X10 Mid plays very similar to my customized PB 10 Mid, albeit lighter. All I did when I play tested it was to swing with more spin, which is exactly what it was designed to do. It isn't as much of a feel stick as the PB 10 Mid; it is a powered-up PB 10 Mid." He said "what's up", BTW!

Haha, please tell him I said hello - it's been awhile since I trained with him. Will hopefully get to train with him and some of his players this summer.

Regarding feel, I was referring to feel on contact, not feel or timing through the air. Some people who are used to the taditional Volkl feel comment that the new Organix frames lack feel - I disagree with this.

To me, the Organix mix changes the feel from that of a traditional graphite frame, but to say that the feel is gone is incorrect (again, in my opinion). I get what they are saying though, as my first impression when I playtested some of the first Organix frames that Volkl produced a few years ago was the same, but after a few weeks, I realized that it's just a different feeling from what I was used to.

So basically, what I was trying to say was that for those players who are put off by the different feel of the Organix mix in the X10 mid, just give it some time.

Cesar1992
04-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Haha, please tell him I said hello - it's been awhile since I trained with him. Will hopefully get to train with him and some of his players this summer.

Regarding feel, I was referring to feel on contact, not feel or timing through the air. Some people who are used to the taditional Volkl feel comment that the new Organix frames lack feel - I disagree with this.

To me, the Organix mix changes the feel from that of a traditional graphite frame, but to say that the feel is gone is incorrect (again, in my opinion). I get what they are saying though, as my first impression when I playtested some of the first Organix frames that Volkl produced a few years ago was the same, but after a few weeks, I realized that it's just a different feeling from what I was used to.

So basically, what I was trying to say was that for those players who are put off by the different feel of the Organix mix in the X10 mid, just give it some time.

The difference is that instead of feeling soft/flexible, they feel muted/soft on contact but firm. The dwell time which Volkls are known for can still be found in lower string tensions, which is necessary anyway, because all X-sticks string tight. Even the BB sticks are stiffer, now that only the NYC is being produced. I anxiously await the two new frames, which will be a London update and a "Melbourne like" stick.

Hominator
04-02-2013, 06:53 AM
The difference is that instead of feeling soft/flexible, they feel muted/soft on contact but firm. The dwell time which Volkls are known for can still be found in lower string tensions, which is necessary anyway, because all X-sticks string tight. Even the BB sticks are stiffer, now that only the NYC is being produced. I anxiously await the two new frames, which will be a London update and a "Melbourne like" stick.

Yeah, I used to string my X10s in the 40s, about 10 pounds less than what I normally string. Totally changes the feel of the racquet.

jonahnaturals
05-22-2013, 10:35 AM
I've noticed that there haven't been too many reviews of the Organix 10 Mid relative to all the feedback shared on the PB 10 Mid.

Hoping to read more people's experiences with this frame?

Thank you...

gusgrand
05-22-2013, 05:46 PM
I've just ordered one today with Kirchbaum Black Sharks 16 strung at 52lbs, I also ordered a leather grip just in case I need a bit more feel.
It should be with me in a few days so I'll give my opinion of this racket with these strings as different strings at different tensions means if you where blindfolded you could be playing with a totally different racket so I'll be aware that my opinion will be completely subjective.

Russell Finch
05-23-2013, 07:54 AM
I just received one yesterday, and like many others I have to say the published TW specs look off. Mine is 328g unstrung, 2g below Volkl's spec, and will work out much higher that TW's 335g when it's strung. The racquet they tested for those specs is clearly an outlier so why they continue to resist changing them is very strange indeed.

EDIT - It was 344g strung (12.1 oz)

I then replaced the stock grip with a Gamma leather one, put on the overgrip and a dampener, and it ended up 364g (12.8oz)

Weirdly both my PB 10 mids started out 330g unstrung and ended up 372g (13.1 oz) with the same changes. So the X10 mid started out 2g lighter and ended up 8g lighter. Either the stock grip is heavier on the X10, or gamma leather grips have got lighter.

Carolina Racquet
05-23-2013, 08:03 AM
I've noticed that there haven't been too many reviews of the Organix 10 Mid relative to all the feedback shared on the PB 10 Mid.

Thank you...

I playtested the X 10 mid... and it's a sweet frame. From those who have hit both, most prefer the Powerbridge version. I would buy that between the two (plus it's cheaper).

Good luck

RiggensAuroraHO
05-23-2013, 10:52 AM

Thank you...

I found that the faster you swing, the more comfortable you will be with the X10 Mid, especially if your volleys and serve need a little more pop.

jonahnaturals
05-23-2013, 11:18 AM
I found that the faster you swing, the more comfortable you will be with the X10 Mid, especially if your volleys and serve need a little more pop.

Great to know, thank you.

ChimayBlue
02-07-2014, 03:01 AM
Hi to you all!
I'm wander between X10 mid,PB10 mid,Yonex VT89
Have a few questions regarding X10 mid and some comparison!
Has anyone put a leather grip on X10 mid cause to me it feels a little head-heavy and the one thing I would transfer from PB10 mid is the head-light feel!
What do you think how much balance points would you gain from putting a leather grip on X10 mid?
In stock form PB10 mid 10pts headlight,X10 mid 6pts headlight!?

Regarding frames a mentioned above,I have a chance to get 2 Yonex VCoreTour 95D racquets,so has anyone had experience with either of these frames to express its opinion or judgement!Where would you put VT 95D regarding this lineup and especially compared between X10 mid!

Saw in some threads made by Hominator,this one also,that ha has lot of experience with X10 mid,Pb10 mid and that he judged Vcore 95D in one of the threads as a Graet frame it would be nice to hear his opinion?
Thanks!!