PDA

View Full Version : Babolat AeroProdrive to be released

UltraPegger
10-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Said to be released either 12/12/12 or 12/13/12

cork_screw
10-09-2012, 09:05 PM
They really need to get rid of that stupid cortex strip. Don't they know we can just use a dampener if we don't want vibrations? If we do we can have the option of not using a dampener. Take note Babolat (cortex) and Wilson (BLX) stop making up technologies where there was no problem to begin with. I'm not even going to start with the B.S. Dunlop is trying to con us with, with the aeroskin technology. Some of this stuff is really getting stupid.

Bartelby
10-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Dampeners are only for string vibration and have zero effect on the comfort of the racquet.

Cortex and other shaft/handle technologies are about reducing 'bad vibrations' being transmitted from hoop to hand.

To get rid of cortex all they would have to do is reduce the stiffness to around 65, but that would not be a stiff Babolat.

Andyroo10567
10-09-2012, 09:46 PM
They really need to get rid of that stupid cortex strip. Don't they know we can just use a dampener if we don't want vibrations? If we do we can have the option of not using a dampener. Take note Babolat (cortex) and Wilson (BLX) stop making up technologies where there was no problem to begin with. I'm not even going to start with the B.S. Dunlop is trying to con us with, with the aeroskin technology. Some of this stuff is really getting stupid.

Ha, funny you say that because I was recently down at a some park hitting with a friend and i see a group of kids with Babolats, BLX's and such and i listen very carefully and they seemed to be bragging about which technology worked better. After they switched around their racquets ( only heard some kids ), they were like " I'M DOING SO GOOD, THIS FEELS SO AERODYNAMIC " ( keep in mind, this was the Dunlop ) and for the Babolats..... " SO THIS IS WHAT NADAL FEELS LIKE WHEN HE PLAYS, THE CORTEX IS LIKE ANOTHER SHOCK ABSORBER!!! " the sad part was, was that he was using a pure drive.

Herdsman76
10-10-2012, 08:40 AM
So the question is.... When are the Players going to debut the racquet??? Will Tsonga have it in London???

dgoran
10-10-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm only buying it if tsonga switches to this new cortex :)

db10s
10-10-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm skeptical about aeroskin; but the Olympic runners (at least the US) had the "bumps" on their uniform. And have you ever tried hitting a golf ball that has no dimples?

Meriko
10-10-2012, 12:54 PM
I wish Cortex would go away too, but I have to say I think this is the best looking Aeropro PJ since the original. I hated the Aeropro Cortex PJ, and the GT one wasn't much better.

Snaab
10-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Is the paintjob finally all gloss, or does it still have some matte to it?
Hard to tell from the pic.

Andyroo10567
10-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Is the paintjob finally all gloss, or does it still have some matte to it?
Hard to tell from the pic.

All gloss from what i seen.

Rafa4Ever
10-13-2012, 05:28 PM
I have one right now I am playtesting. It feels solid now. The entire racquet is a matte finish. It lacks the babolat tinny feel and feels almost like a wilson. It is better in every way compared to the old one. The only downside I could see is that because it feels so solid now it does feel a little bit stiffer when you first pick it up