PDA

View Full Version : Adding a Babolat Leather Grip and Prestige MG Cap Grommet to IG Prestige MP

JDMasFCK
10-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Thinking about replacing the Hydrosorb Tour grip and the IG Prestige Cap Grommet with the Babolat leather grip and Prestige MG Cap Grommet on my IG Prestige MP. Does anyone know if it'll increase the overall weight significantly? Also does anyone know the approx weight after adding those two items onto the racket?

Thanks

PKfan1
10-10-2012, 12:13 AM
head leather grip + mg grommets = 356gr strung on mine

Bartelby
10-10-2012, 12:19 AM
There's a thread on leather grips and another on the weights of clear versus black caps that you need to consult.

The difference between the caps is 1 gram or so at most in favour of the black, from memory, so its the grip that'll make most difference.

JDMasFCK
10-10-2012, 12:27 AM
head leather grip + mg grommets = 356gr strung on mine

There's a thread on leather grips and another on the weights of clear versus black caps that you need to consult.

The difference between the caps is 1 gram or so at most in favour of the black, from memory, so its the grip that'll make most difference.

Thanks a lot guys :D

dadozen
10-10-2012, 06:25 AM
I have installed the MG/YT CAP grommets on all my IG Prestiges and the weight difference is minimal. I can say that the weight is basically the same.