PDA

View Full Version : Adding Lead Tape to Hammer 6 (Head-Heavy) Racquet

TeddyBear
10-10-2012, 05:37 PM
I have heard from my peers that it is not a great idea to customize my hammer 6 wilson tennis racquet by adding lead tape on the top of my racquet? Is this true? I feel the urge to put it on my racquet but are there really any benefits? If I were to add it on where would be the most beneficial spot to put the lead tape on my racquet.

DoctorBackhand
10-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Handle.
The racket is head heavy enough. It has been my experience that HH racket (especially hammers) perform much better after you make them more headlight.

TeddyBear
10-10-2012, 05:57 PM
I don't have anything to make my head handle lighter so instead I thought of adding more weight to my head heavy racquet already why would it be a bad idea? The racquet is light and I need more power

BlueB
10-10-2012, 06:04 PM
"Head light" is the term that indicates that the ballance point is closer to the butcap then to the top of the racquet. Load the very end of the grip (inside, under butcap, or outside under grip) until the ballance point is at least 1/2" from the centre towards the grip. Test play it then, you might be pleasantly surprised. If still not enough power, add a bit of tape to the hoop and same amount under the grip. Enjoy fiddling with it :D

TeddyBear
10-10-2012, 06:13 PM
But I only have precut lead tape that can only be attached to the head of my racquet and I wouldn't know how to add lead tape to the handle if I could.

bugeyed
10-10-2012, 06:34 PM
But I only have precut lead tape that can only be attached to the head of my racquet and I wouldn't know how to add lead tape to the handle if I could.

Do a search or go to TW University. If you don't want to learn about racquet customization yourself, take it to a good shop.

Cheers,
kev