PDA

View Full Version : Dear Murray fans...

dangalak
10-13-2012, 02:15 AM
Moan all you like haters. Murray is a grand slam winner and he's getting paid to play tennis and you're not.

Deal with it ;)

He can moan all he likes. The dollars is rolling into his bank account, all the Internet 81tching ain't going to change a thing.

I'd love to be in his shoes and make countless millions $ doing something you love.

NOBODY gives a crap about Murray's success. There are 3 guys that have all achieved FAR more than Murray will probably achieve in his career.

The fact that he gets paid big bucks to play tennis is meaningless since the same could be said about dozens of players on the tour. Going by that logic, shouldn't us "haters" hate Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and just about any highly ranked tennis player as well?

When will you guys realize that this isn't kindergarden: when somebody criticizes you, you respond with arguments. You don't come up with ******** ad hominems and red herrings to defend yourself. Murray is acting disgracefully on the tennis court, much more so than his contemporaries.

But no! He won a slam! That must mean everyone who criticizes him is really just jealous. Just like everyone who called Roddick a jerk was really just jealous of his lone slam title. :lol:

If one slam is sufficient to spark such arrogance among this fanbase, it's a good thing that Murray has been spanked so thoroughly by the other 3 when it matters. God knows how arrogant they would be if he actually won his 4th slam or something. :lol:

Russeljones
10-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Despite the smileys I think they're really getting to you. :)

dangalak
10-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Despite the smileys I think they're really getting to you. :)

Does it matter? I'm still right. :D

EDIT: THEY are getting to me, not Murray. I was pleasantly suprised to see that Murray hadn't choked the match away in that final. :D

Russeljones
10-13-2012, 02:27 AM
You know I had my few rounds with the Murray brigade and once you realize you're participating in an all-round failure in communication all the tension dissipates into pleasant banter. They are mostly clever enough fellows.

Rozroz
10-13-2012, 02:35 AM
NOBODY gives a crap about Murray's success. There are 3 guys that have all achieved FAR more than Murray will probably achieve in his career.

The fact that he gets paid big bucks to play tennis is meaningless since the same could be said about dozens of players on the tour. Going by that logic, shouldn't us "haters" hate Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and just about any highly ranked tennis player as well?

When will you guys realize that this isn't kindergarden: when somebody criticizes you, you respond with arguments. You don't come up with ******** ad hominems and red herrings to defend yourself. Murray is acting disgracefully on the tennis court, much more so than his contemporaries.

But no! He won a slam! That must mean everyone who criticizes him is really just jealous. Just like everyone who called Roddick a jerk was really just jealous of his lone slam title. :lol:

If one slam is sufficient to spark such arrogance among this fanbase, it's a good thing that Murray has been spanked so thoroughly by the other 3 when it matters. God knows how arrogant they would be if he actually won his 4th slam or something. :lol:

quoted for truth!!

LOL another busy day for the poor Muzza brigade trying to "rationalize" their obnoxious golden boy... just to sit back and enjoy :)

batz
10-13-2012, 04:02 AM

Look mate - you've already stated how obsessed you are by Murray, how his slam win has affected your life - to the point where you feel compelled to start threads about - we absolutely get that you are enormously butthurt by Murray's slam win.

Thing is, we're not quite sure just how butthurt you actually are. So, where would you rate yourself on the International Butthurt Scale? My mate reckons you're about a 9.5 but I think you could well be going Spinal Tap on Murray's *** and have turned it up to 11 - so exactly how mad are you bro?

PS I am laughing so hard at you:) Your butthurt is of such gargantuan proportions that it could probably be seen from space, yet you lack the self awareness to realise how much of a tube you look by displaying it. Tell me - did you actually cry when Noel hit that ball long? I think you might've.

batz
10-13-2012, 04:07 AM
quoted for truth!!

LOL another busy day for the poor Muzza brigade trying to "rationalize" their obnoxious golden boy... just to sit back and enjoy :)

You know something - that time just after Murray won the USO and I was working it right up you, and you got all schoolgirl, and crying, and "why are you picking on me - I'm not a Murray troll" about it - I actually, for moment, felt sorry for you.

How silly of me. I should have pitied you. I can't imagine how sad it must be to go through life finding joy in the sadness of others. I'm off to watch the tennis now.

jaggy
10-13-2012, 04:40 AM
If you say NOBODY cares about Murray and use capitals it means its a FACT

zagor
10-13-2012, 04:49 AM

Fans of other players (especially the top players) defend their favourites' actions as well (and usually go to great lengths to do so), why shouldn't Murray fans be allowed to do the same?

dangalak
10-13-2012, 04:57 AM
Fans of other players (especially the top players) defend their favourites' actions as well (and usually go to great lengths to do so), why shouldn't Murray fans be allowed to do the same?

Because rather than "defending" them, they come up with childish diatribes about how we are "jealous of him". The other 3 don't do it nearly as often. (and if they did, it would make a whole lot more sense)

Not to mention, neither Federer, nor Nadal, nor Djokovic act a annoying as Murray does.

zagor
10-13-2012, 05:03 AM
Because rather than "defending" them, they come up with childish diatribes about how we are "jealous of him". The other 3 don't do it nearly as often. (and if they did, it would make a whole lot more sense)

Well, I wasnt around here that much recently so I'll have to take your word of it, regardless my point stands, that fans of other players will go to ridiculous lengths to defend thier actions as well (no matter how unsportmanlike they are).

Not to mention, neither Federer, nor Nadal, nor Djokovic act a annoying as Murray does.

That largely comes down to a personal preference.

tennisaddict
10-13-2012, 05:42 AM
Murray fans - repeat slowly

Murray has 1 slam.The other 3 have 33 slams . I dont have any right to speak Murray in the same breadth as the other 3.

Murray has 1 slam.The other 3 have 33 slams . I dont have any right to speak Murray in the same breadth as the other 3.

SempreSami
10-13-2012, 05:50 AM

tennisaddict - repeat as quickly as you like:

I am a ****

tennisaddict
10-13-2012, 06:00 AM
tennisaddict - repeat as quickly as you like:

I am a ****

Butthurt, when the truth is spoken ?

Need a balm ?

Prisoner of Birth
10-13-2012, 06:11 AM

What about length?

tennisaddict
10-13-2012, 06:15 AM
What about length?

You know geometry , WOW !

SempreSami
10-13-2012, 06:28 AM
Butthurt, when the truth is spoken ?

Need a balm ?

Spare me your butthurt.

batz
10-13-2012, 06:31 AM
You know geometry , WOW !

I think the deeper message was that he knows English.

als47
10-13-2012, 06:33 AM

There's nothing quite as funny as watching someone try to put down other people and make a language mistake that completely changes the meaning of their insult.

Actually, no, what's funnier is watching them repeat it THREE TIMES. Thanks for the laugh, tennisaddict!

norbac
10-13-2012, 06:40 AM

All your baselines are belong to us?

AnotherTennisProdigy
10-13-2012, 06:40 AM
I don't know why everybody is reacting on the overblowing of the one slam, you guys did the same thing with the whole "Murray will never win a slam" thing. You can't blame them after going through years of that bull.

Rozroz
10-13-2012, 06:42 AM
good Murray win against the tanking fed.
doesn't remotely change my opinion though ;)

Prisoner of Birth
10-13-2012, 06:43 AM
good Murray win against the tanking fed.
doesn't remotely change my opinion though ;)

Federer doesn't tank.

Rozroz
10-13-2012, 06:44 AM
I don't know why everybody is reacting on the overblowing of the one slam, you guys did the same thing with the whole "Murray will never win a slam unless it's windy" thing. You can't blame them after going through years of that bull.

fixed it for ya.

AnotherTennisProdigy
10-13-2012, 06:46 AM
fixed it for ya.

So Djokovic can't win in the wind?

tennisaddict
10-13-2012, 06:50 AM
There's nothing quite as funny as watching someone try to put down other people and make a language mistake that completely changes the meaning of their insult.

Actually, no, what's funnier is watching them repeat it THREE TIMES. Thanks for the laugh, tennisaddict!

All your baselines are belong to us?

No better defense other than picking on typo ? Your time is better spent getting a good dental hygienist for Murray.

Rozroz
10-13-2012, 06:52 AM
So Djokovic can't win in the wind?

Djokovic was a HUGE disappointment against the wind. a (former) no.1 player with such a poor wind game is atrocious.

tennisaddict
10-13-2012, 06:52 AM
Spare me your butthurt.

Dont worry, Murray took like 10 years to win a major, he will win another one before he becomes a grandpa.

als47
10-13-2012, 07:28 AM
No better defense other than picking on typo ? Your time is better spent getting a good dental hygienist for Murray.

It was just funny to watch, that's all. :) I can explain why, if you need me to.

1) The nature of your insult was to state that people who disagree with you don't understand something that is basic and obvious.

2) You were attempting to insult others' intelligence by saying that they needed you to repeat your opinion three times in order for the meaning to sink in.

3) You failed to understand the meaning of your OWN statement...

4) ... and demonstrated the very thickness you were purporting to deride by saying it not once, not twice, but THRICE.

Come on, tennisaddict. That's not your ordinary internet typo, that's an impressive level of trolling fail. :)

Mainad
10-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Your time is better spent getting a good dental hygienist for Murray.

Why? His teeth are perfectly fine. Just because he doesn't sport the perfect row of gleaming white tombstones that so many celebs favour and Americans in particular have such a fixation with! Unlike their's, Murray's teeth are natural and healthy, if maybe not quite as photogenic.:cool:

The Bawss
10-13-2012, 09:19 AM
This thread gets my seal of approval. That is all.

Oceansize
10-13-2012, 01:16 PM

Look mate - you've already stated how obsessed you are by Murray, how his slam win has affected your life - to the point where you feel compelled to start threads about - we absolutely get that you are enormously butthurt by Murray's slam win.

Thing is, we're not quite sure just how butthurt you actually are. So, where would you rate yourself on the International Butthurt Scale? My mate reckons you're about a 9.5 but I think you could well be going Spinal Tap on Murray's *** and have turned it up to 11 - so exactly how mad are you bro?

PS I am laughing so hard at you:) Your butthurt is of such gargantuan proportions that it could probably be seen from space, yet you lack the self awareness to realise how much of a tube you look by displaying it. Tell me - did you actually cry when Noel hit that ball long? I think you might've.

Nice one Batz. I love how you call it for what it is. Unfortunately I fear your point has gone over people's heads, or perhaps is just being wilfully ignored, lol.

Lovely_Bone
10-13-2012, 01:36 PM
We have an official troll thread here. What was the point of making this? lol

Rozroz
10-13-2012, 01:39 PM
for a troll thread it looks very popular among the Muzzza brigade.

RF20Lennon
10-13-2012, 04:18 PM
LMAO!! what was the point of this thread???

tacou
10-13-2012, 04:29 PM
OP I couldn't get past your first line. I care about Murray, he's in my top 10 current favorite players.

Also, who cares if ever achieves as much as Roger or Nadal? They are 2 of the best players of all time. How is that a measuring stick?

I think Murray started winning big too late to even catch up with Novak, but he will likely retire with 2-4 slams, maybe more if Nadal doesn't return well/Fed drops off suddenly.

So, you don't like Murray? That doesn't warrant a thread. He won the Olympics, the most recent slam, and is in a masters final after man handling the world #1. Cheer for Novak and move on