PDA

View Full Version : Just tried the IG Radical Pro

VeeSe
10-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share my quick thoughts after playing with the IG Radical Pro for an hour. I currently use the IG Radical MP.

First off, the added power is great for me. I don't have to work as hard to get my shots to go deep, and when I really go for it, the ball has more pop on it than with the MP. The open string pattern helped me add spin to my game, and it was really noticeable in improving my 2nd serve, which is a kick.

My IG Radical MPs are ~11.3oz, so the weight of the IG Radical Pro is about the same as the MP, and the balance is very similar as well, so there was little to no adjustment period for me. I think my Radical MPs are heavy though, so maybe not everybody coming from a Radical MP will feel like they manuever the same. Overall, I felt like I was playing with the same stick, just with more pop, so if that's what you're looking for, I suggest you try it out! It's also a very comfortable racquet to hit with, as is the MP.

Anyways, very worth the demo, and I see why it's a "best seller" on TW. I may order some myself soon (and pay for TW to match them because Head QC is just terrible).

VeeSe
10-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share my quick thoughts after playing with the IG Radical Pro for an hour. I currently use the IG Radical MP.

First off, the added power is great for me. I don't have to work as hard to get my shots to go deep, and when I really go for it, the ball has more pop on it than with the MP. The open string pattern helped me add spin to my game, and it was really noticeable in improving my 2nd serve, which is a kick.

My IG Radical MPs are ~11.3oz, so the weight of the IG Radical Pro is about the same as the MP, and the balance is very similar as well, so there was little to no adjustment period for me. I think my Radical MPs are heavy though, so maybe not everybody coming from a Radical MP will feel like they manuever the same. Overall, I felt like I was playing with the same stick, just with more pop, so if that's what you're looking for, I suggest you try it out! It's also a very comfortable racquet to hit with, as is the MP.

Anyways, very worth the demo, and I see why it's a "best seller" on TW. I may order some myself soon (and pay for TW to match them because Head QC is just terrible).

Oh, just wanted to add that it was strung with Solinco Tour Bite, and I play normally with Alpha synthetic gut, so that may have added in some of the difference.