PDA

View Full Version : Racquet switch (from Dunlop 4d300tour) possibly to p1 18x20 ??

albatros_forehand
10-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Hi, coming from customised (even balanced) 4d300tour. I liked 18x20 string pattern, great mix of control and power, access to spin and stabilty (lead tape). I would like your opinion. Would like to switch to a similar racket that will offer similar level of power (more towards low), stability (but in stock form), with not too small sp, and that will be comfy (elbow). Smth to use with soft poly. My playing style - base liner, full swing on both sides (like to accelerate on fh, and flatten shots/moderate spin on 2hbh). Slice must be good. Smth that will offer good depth. Was thinking about Donnay P1 18x20 (liked its stability) - what are your thoughts, does it play similar to 4d300 ?:?

vsbabolat
10-13-2012, 06:32 PM
I think you should demo:
Dunlop Bio 300 Tour
Donnay Pro One 18x20
HEAD Radical MP

Those right in your wheel house. Its a matter of which one you like the best.

albatros_forehand
10-13-2012, 07:02 PM
I think you should demo:
Dunlop Bio 300 Tour
Donnay Pro One 18x20
HEAD Radical MP

Those right in your wheel house. Its a matter of which one you like the best.

Thanks for suggestions. Unfortunately demo not an option (live in Brazil). Interestingly, playtesters from TW prefered the 18x20 P1 but most people here on the forum seem to go for the 16x19 (suggesting that the former feels too muted, with difficulty to produce spin/pop). If I was to choose the open string pattern - isnt the control too compromised? What would be the most suitable (considering what i am looking for) open string control oriented racket?

royfrombigd
10-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Hi, coming from customised (even balanced) 4d300tour. I liked 18x20 string pattern, great mix of control and power, access to spin and stabilty (lead tape). I would like your opinion. Would like to switch to a similar racket that will offer similar level of power (more towards low), stability (but in stock form), with not too small sp, and that will be comfy (elbow). Smth to use with soft poly. My playing style - base liner, full swing on both sides (like to accelerate on fh, and flatten shots/moderate spin on 2hbh). Slice must be good. Smth that will offer good depth. Was thinking about Donnay P1 18x20 (liked its stability) - what are your thoughts, does it play similar to 4d300 ?:?

If you want an 18x20 in that weight range, go with the BLX Blade. Much more stable racquet.

albatros_forehand
10-13-2012, 07:30 PM
If you want an 18x20 in that weight range, go with the BLX Blade. Much more stable racquet.

Yeah, I was considering that, it seems like a great choice for me but I am a little bit worried about my elbow with this stick. Some people were reporting they were feeling their elbow (in combination with poly) - I wonder why, considering this stick has stiffness rate of 64 (about the same as 4d300T). Anyone can give me some feedback about this ? Thanks guys (and girls:)

ciocc
10-14-2012, 12:35 AM
May want to include the older ProKennex BA 98 (the one TW reviewed) in your consideration. I had used a leaded-up 4D300T for a while before switching to a BA93 (demoed a BA98 as well). IMO, BA98 is comparable to my modified 4D300T, but with a bigger SP and more solid overall in EVERY area.

darklore009
10-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Blx blade, head speed or prestige, six one 95 18x20

LeeD
10-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Dunlop 200, not the tour. You did not mention the modded weight and SW of your current 300.