PDA

View Full Version : What do you hate about the top 4?

Zarfot Z
10-13-2012, 06:52 PM
NOTE: This thread is entirely opinionated.

Federer - Oftentimes doesn't give his opponent enough credit, always chalks losses to his bad performance. Smells of implied arrogance and superiority - his 15 jacket and this commercial is proof enough of that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQbyDGHlTd4

Nadal - Celebrates like a raving lunatic after winning each point. Has in the past attempted to disrupt the flow of play when a match wasn't going his way. Boring play style (moonball, moonball, moonball, etc...) Picks his butt.

Djokovic - Frequently smashes rackets and swears in Serbian. Bad habit of quitting a losing match by faking heatstrokes. Very loud and awful sounding grunt.

Murray - Ugly serve and forehand. Often waits for his opponent to make to make an error instead of attacking. Worse on court behavior out of the top 4. Takes his anger out on the ball boys. Really sh*tty personality overall and deadpan humor.

power level 800
10-13-2012, 06:56 PM
You should have a poll just with their names since you already posted the reasons below. :)

Zarfot Z
10-13-2012, 06:57 PM
You should have a poll just with their names since you already posted the reasons below. :)

Point is for you to post your reasons too. A poll would therefore be completely obsolete.

power level 800
10-13-2012, 06:59 PM
hmmm, but what if we would have picked a player for a reason you have already gaven?

power level 800
10-13-2012, 07:09 PM
okay, I give in. I would pick Murray for the reasons you stated. Except for the the serve. His serve is quite powerful and its service motion has some type of appeal that I find charming in some awkward type of way.

GoaLaSSo
10-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Djokovic, Federer, Murray, Nadal - I am better than all of them, yet they are famous and make a lot more money than me...

:twisted:

Strategy
10-13-2012, 07:28 PM
I agree with most of what you said, but I don't hate them for it.

Hood_Man
10-13-2012, 07:53 PM
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/richiemayhem9/1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

merwy
10-13-2012, 08:12 PM
I agree with most of what you said, but I don't hate them for it.

Nobody has to hate anyone. We're just stating what we hate about them.

Ok here I go:

Federer: Arrogance. Lack of visible fighting spirit. I know he wants to win, and I know he's a warrior, else he couldn't have won 17 GS. But he never shows it. I can understand why he keeps up a poker face on the court, but even in interviews he just keep smiling with that same unaffected smug grin on his face. Damn it, show me that you want to win! You have to have some amazing will power if you keep up training this hard for so long, show it ffs.

Nadal: Horrible playing style. Takes all the speed out of the game. I know it's effective, but damn. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets bored while playing, I'd get sick and tired of playing like that and just try and smack a few winners now and then just to feel alive again. And I suspect that he uses PEDs

Djokovic: Tries way too hard to be funny (and fails in my opinion). Luckily he's doing it less and less. What's with the chest-beating celebration? He should stop acting like a monkey. If I won something so important I would be either crying on the ground or just looking up at the crowd in disbelief. I also don't like how he seems to hit all of his shot with a lot of topspin. It's hard to explain this, but for example when Nadal hits a ball hard, although it has a lot of topspin, you can still see that he put a lot of power in it. But with Djokovic I don't really feel that power, if he puts the ball away it is fast, but I still don't feel like he really smacks it. Anyone else have this feeling with him?

Murray: Ugly forehand. A bit passive game although it's become more interesting over the last couple of years. The most boring personality I have ever seen in my entire life. His celebration after he won his first GS was absurd, I feel like it was almost insulting to the tournament. How can you finally win something after working so hard and failing so many times and still have such a "whatever" look on your face?

Prisoner of Birth
10-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Nadal unsportsmansalike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FnBi__R4Fs

bump Nadal into Rosol at Wimbledon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klQnRrkl-S8&feature

arrogant sore loser

Nadal bump purposely from frustration. It is clear.

Many of tennis fans know that Nadal is a player of dirty gamesmanship. fake time-out cheater.

too annoying always. excuse. bump to player. ugly protest. push of ego two-year-ranking.
looks down on Sampras era. etc.

can go to see. Nadal wear the shirt of "history 7" Nadal and his fan perform a chat. And that video was exhibited all over the world.

smug arrogant

selfish arrogant fan most.

http://i.imgur.com/pKnRM.gif

Evan77
10-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Fed has the ugliest nose on this planet plus his body hair is so fugly.
Muzza teeth are gross.
Nadal has no brain.
Djoko is perfect.

there you go.

papertank
10-14-2012, 12:38 AM
Federer: When things get tough he seems to give up more than he rises to the occasion. Compare the amount of big match 5 set wins he has to how many people like Nadal and Djokovic have.
Nadal: Prone to getting blown off the court by a big hitter having a good day.
Djokovic: a little too arrogant sometimes, but mostly I don't mind it. Also he has the worst smash I've ever seen from a pro.
Murray: On court attitude is terrible, and I hate how his celebrations are so muted. He hardly reacted after winning the olympics and the USO.

reversef
10-14-2012, 01:30 AM
clay excluded. successive win 0. If grass and a hard are fast. Like Sampras era. Nadal is able to win only with clay.

smug arrogant

You mistake confusion. Smug arrogant is of Nose Potato. = Swiss. Federer.
Clay fast. Not Sampras era.
Nadal ability to win 4 slams.

zagor
10-14-2012, 03:03 AM
NOTE: This thread is entirely opinionated.

Federer - Oftentimes doesn't give his opponent enough credit, always chalks losses to his bad performance. Smells of implied arrogance and superiority - his 15 jacket and this commercial is proof enough of that.

Nadal - Celebrates like a raving lunatic after winning each point. Has in the past attempted to disrupt the flow of play when a match wasn't going his way. Boring play style (moonball, moonball, moonball, etc...) Picks his butt.

Djokovic - Frequently smashes rackets and swears in Serbian. Bad habit of quitting a losing match by faking heatstrokes. Very loud and awful sounding grunt.

Murray - Ugly serve and forehand. Often waits for his opponent to make to make an error instead of attacking. Worse on court behavior out of the top 4. Takes his anger out on the ball boys. Really sh*tty personality overall and deadpan humor.

So why does only Fed warrant a video?

Here, let me help you out regarding Nadal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29EV2I5wt3U

P.S. That jacket was Nike's idea, Fed didn't even know about it.

jergosh
10-14-2012, 03:12 AM

So you think Federer came to Netjets (or whatever) saying "Gee guys, I'd really like to show all my GS trophies in a commercial"? Believing that anything anyone does in commercials is representative of how they are privately is rather naive. And that commercial is more tongue-in-cheek than anything else.

Seventeen
10-14-2012, 04:25 AM
Nobody has to hate anyone. We're just stating what we hate about them.

Ok here I go:

Federer: Arrogance. Lack of visible fighting spirit. I know he wants to win, and I know he's a warrior, else he couldn't have won 17 GS. But he never shows it. I can understand why he keeps up a poker face on the court, but even in interviews he just keep smiling with that same unaffected smug grin on his face. Damn it, show me that you want to win! You have to have some amazing will power if you keep up training this hard for so long, show it ffs.

Nadal: Horrible playing style. Takes all the speed out of the game. I know it's effective, but damn. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets bored while playing, I'd get sick and tired of playing like that and just try and smack a few winners now and then just to feel alive again. And I suspect that he uses PEDs

Djokovic: Tries way too hard to be funny (and fails in my opinion). Luckily he's doing it less and less. What's with the chest-beating celebration? He should stop acting like a monkey. If I won something so important I would be either crying on the ground or just looking up at the crowd in disbelief. I also don't like how he seems to hit all of his shot with a lot of topspin. It's hard to explain this, but for example when Nadal hits a ball hard, although it has a lot of topspin, you can still see that he put a lot of power in it. But with Djokovic I don't really feel that power, if he puts the ball away it is fast, but I still don't feel like he really smacks it. Anyone else have this feeling with him?

Murray: Ugly forehand. A bit passive game although it's become more interesting over the last couple of years. The most boring personality I have ever seen in my entire life. His celebration after he won his first GS was absurd, I feel like it was almost insulting to the tournament. How can you finally win something after working so hard and failing so many times and still have such a "whatever" look on your face?

The guy is appalling - the way he screams at himself/everybody/whatever after almost every point is ridiculous and a massive turn-off. I would rather cheer for a half-digested beetroot.

Big Fed fan, can appreciate the criticism that he comes across as arrogant.

Never really thought much of Nadal - obviously one of the greats, not sure much is going on upstairs and his particular brand of OCD doesn't do it for me.

Djokovic's celebrations are a bit over the top but overall he's growing on me.

Magnus
10-14-2012, 04:55 AM
What do I hate about the top 4? Nadal.

rcosta
10-14-2012, 05:09 AM
the endless matches (+3 hours in a best of 3 final, looks like club level tournaments)... something is wrong with the "modern game"

Zarfot Z
10-14-2012, 05:18 AM
So you think Federer came to Netjets (or whatever) saying "Gee guys, I'd really like to show all my GS trophies in a commercial"? Believing that anything anyone does in commercials is representative of how they are privately is rather naive. And that commercial is more tongue-in-cheek than anything else.

Yep, nothing portrays Federerís humility better than this tone-deaf Netjets commercial showing him declining help while he tugs a wagon filled with all his trophies to his private jet. What could be more humble?

Mainad
10-14-2012, 06:13 AM
I don't of course hate ANY of the top 4. What's to hate about any of them? They're all great players and, as far as I'm concerned, their matches are always fun to watch.

I will say that as a long-standing Federer and Murray fan, I am frustrated when they both fail to win when they should do, eg.

Federer's 2010 and 2011 AO semi-finals v Djokovic.

Murray's 2011 Rome semi v Djokovic and, most recently, his 2012 Tokyo semi v Raonic and now his 2012 Shanghai final v Djokovic.

Of the top 4, Federer and Murray both seem to be the ones who more often squander chances to win matches.

tennisaddict
10-14-2012, 06:17 AM
I don't of course hate ANY of the top 4. What's to hate about any of them? They're all great players and, as far as I'm concerned, their matches are always fun to watch.

I will say that as a long-standing Federer and Murray fan, I am frustrated when they both fail to win when they should do, eg.

Federer's 2010 and 2011 AO semi-finals v Djokovic.

Murray's 2011 Rome semi v Djokovic and, most recently, his 2012 Tokyo semi v Raonic and now his 2012 Shanghai final v Djokovic.

Of the top 4, Federer and Murray both seem to be the ones who more often squander chances to win matches.

That is because Fed puts himself under winning positions so many times. It appears they are not clutch, based on the few losses they have had,but to be fair a better indicator is an overall win-loss %.

tennisaddict
10-14-2012, 06:22 AM
Fed praises the top 3 much more than what we think. He has 17 majors, the other 3 put together have that much. Yet, we want him to say that the other 3 are great players ?

He believes off-court confidence translates into on-court performance, Hence he will be the one to say 'It is my match to win or lose' , rather than say 'I will have to put up one of my best performances to have a chance'.

He praises the top 4 a lot. After the loss to Murray yesterday he didnt say he played badly.. "I think he's playing really well now since a long time, not just six months. He's been playing well for years now. He's in his prime right now, so you assume he's playing his absolute best at this very moment".

Towser83
10-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Federer - Careless comments sometimes, could be a better loser sometimes, habbit of blowing matches when he hits the panic button. Terrible challenges with hawkeye. Can get tetchy on court when things are not going his way.

Nadal - Slow between points and takes his own sweet time in coming to the net to start match etc which is disrespectful. Game can be boring, constantly brings up injuries but insists on playing as much as possible, gets tetchy on court when the going gets tough and bullies officials sometimes. Makes clay season uninteresting :lol:

Djokovic - Too much chest beating. Has become toomuch of a grinder. Takes too long between points. Ruined his own serve.

Murray - Attitude, personality, game.. ahh too much to list :lol:

Danny_G13
10-14-2012, 07:13 AM
Federer: brattish arrogance about him, expects everything to be set up for him, that disgusting jacket at Wimbledon when he beat Roddick and rubbed his nose in it. Smug. His supporters who wear RF garments all over the place.

Nadal: Not a lot actually. I object to his choice of commercial endorsements but he's not a player I hate much about.

Djokovic: His refusal to ever know he's beaten!

Murray: his desire to berate himself so loudly - too hard on himself and demands too much perfection. He's only human.

In terms of all the personalities, the only one I can genuinely say I am not overly keen on is Federer. The other 3 have their moments but none seem intrinsically dislikable. To me anyway.

Steve0904
10-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Federer (my favourite player): I would say that I sometimes hate it when it doesn't look like he's trying even though I know he is ex: Wimb 2011 against Tsonga. I can also see where some would say he's a little arrogant, but I like his honesty. He's said before, something like, why should I pretend that I'm not the favourite going into some matches when everybody knows I am? (i.e he's not Nadal.) I feel like I'm lieing to the fans, and it doesn't make sense. That jacket was also not his fault. A better example could be used, like say, his 2011 USO SF press conference after his loss to Novak.

Nadal: I would say I don't like his style of play. On top of this I've questioned a fair few of his MTO's, and he even went as far as to go to the bathroom when Federer served for the match in IW this year. I also grow tired of the endless injury excuses from his fans, but I guess I shouldn't take take this out on Rafa himself although he's not exactly clear of it either.

Djokovic: Djokovic is hard to get a grasp on because it's almost as if there are 2 versions of him. I don't like the fact that he gives up sometimes when he's down in a match. Ex: Cincy and DC last year, as well as Wimbledon 07, MC 08, and AO 09. He sometimes overdoes it on the celebrations too.

Murray: I was happy for him when he won his first slam, but I'd like it if everyone from now on would stop feeling sorry for the guy. Never liked his on court attitude. He's got a pretty dry sense of humour, but I think you'd have to get to know him. Gets down on himself way too easily, even to the point of shouting at different people like his coaches box or himself. I swear a lot, I'll be the first to admit that, but it's not that cool on national television. He should probably stop that. Especially hate the way he grabs at body parts whenever he loses a point, and then he's fine all of a sudden when things are going good.

That's pretty much it.

veroniquem
10-14-2012, 09:30 AM
I'd rather focus on what I like:
- Fed: not much, his records I guess.
- Djoko: his game, the way he smiles and claps for opponents during matches, his emotional reactions and his humor off the court
- Nadal: pretty much everything :) (his game, his personality, his physicality and his intensity/ passion on the court)
- Murray: his game on hard court when he's not too defensive, his low key/laidback attitude after a win or a loss.

tennisaddict
10-14-2012, 09:36 AM
What i hate

Fed - Zilch

Nadal - Moonballing, 'It is going to be a difficult match, no ?'

Nole - Endless grindfest with Nadal and Murray, when he clearly has the game to end the rally. Hate him for the 2 USO semi finals against Fed, more so 2011.

Murray - his on-court demeanor, boring game (getting better though this year) as compared to Fed and Nole

Zarfot Z
10-15-2012, 12:28 AM
- Djoko: his game, the way he smiles and claps for opponents during matches, his emotional reactions and his humor off the court
- Nadal: pretty much everything :) (his game, his personality, his physicality and his intensity/ passion on the court)
- Murray: his game on hard court when he's not too defensive, his low key/laidback attitude after a win or a loss.

This thread isn't about that. If you want to praise your idols, post another thread.

El Nino
10-15-2012, 01:13 AM
@Merwy. I see what you mean with djokovic's FH and BH. Although he's hitting unbelievable spin and power,I dont feel the force of his shots when he's playing but his racket head speed is pretty amazing but now with brute force like DelPo or Tsonga.

Metalica
10-15-2012, 05:11 AM
Fed: he's aging and I want him to stay forever
Nadal: Takes too long for serve, bottles arrangement, toilet breaks, injury break (did I forget anything?). And it's hard to keep up with what he says in interview (that getting better tho i think)
Djokovic: also long serve routine. try hard comedian although he ocasionally gives some nice laughs. Also wins too much
Murray: I like him, which makes his on court tantrum and final losses all the more irritating. Also jealous of his hot girlfriend

Rozroz
10-15-2012, 06:00 AM
Fed is old, unsharp and with no real winning spirit.
Djoko has too many lazy downfalls to his 1.0/1.5 forms.
Murray is still immature on court and not too interesting.
Nadal? don't remember.

batz
10-15-2012, 06:05 AM
Roger - his general lack of self confidence and unwillingness to talk about himself. C'mon Sexi - maybe just a few words?

Rafa - the way he rushes between points and unwillingness to adjust himself. C'mon Humble Golden Bull, maybe just a little tug on the solomons?

Novak - his lack of national pride and unwillingness to show emotion when winning things. C'mon Serbinator, maybe just a little fist pump or adje?

Murray - his inability to display the effects of his injuries and his 'iceman' refusal to display his negative emotions on court. C'mon New Fang, maybe just a bit more heart on sleeve?

McLovin
10-15-2012, 06:15 AM

Odd, as this is one of the things that I find endearing in Djokovic. I like them to show their emotion on the court, especially when they lose a key point as he did this past weekend.

For me, it goes:

Federer - Doesn't show much emotion on the court. He can be winning in straights or losing in straights and you really cannot tell. Sure, on occasion he gives a fist pump, but I'd like to see more.

Nadal - As mentioned before me, the butt-picking and the 35-40 seconds between points. Speed it up a little.

Djokovic - At present, nothing. I used to dislike him the most of any top 10 player, but I've come to appreciate and enjoy his athleticism and fight/determination over the last 2 years. Maybe the 30 bounces of the ball before serving, but he seems to have cut that down as well.

Murray - Choking. Yes, he finally won two big matches this summer (Olympics & US), but I'm still not convinced. I like to see a final where the outcome is still up in the air. You know with the other 3, they can all play their best, and it's still a '?' in the win column. With Murray, not so much. But he's improving...

Alchemy-Z
10-15-2012, 06:22 AM
Hate...hmm

FED: when he looks like he doesn't care and goes into super shank mode. Blames poor play for loss.
NOVAK: Get annoyed with the crowd lets outside things bother him to frustration. Fakes injury
MURRAY: Looks as if he has given up Fakes Injury
NADAL: Loses confidence in his serve and puff balls it...winces in agonizing Pain when he loses a point.

but then again I guess being the top four is never mentally letting yourself know you lost a match playing 100%....

and maybe that's key?

tennis_pro
10-15-2012, 06:28 AM
Nadal - everything about him

Federer - sounds arrogant at times (but has improved in the last years), going from GOATmode to crap mode after his opponent shows some fightint spirit (Ferrer excluded), too up and down (see above - even if his opponent DOESN'T show any fighting spirit)

Djokovic - wants to please the crowd too much, has become too much of a grinder but is a pleasure to watch when in "aggressive" mode

Murray - screaming and shouting after he losses every point, then if he wins he shows no emotion (like he expected himself to win)

merwy
10-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Muzza teeth are gross.
Nadal has no brain.
Djoko is perfect.

there you go.

Perfect in what way? I guess that I do understand what you mean in that he sometimes seems to hit every ball in and not make any mistakes at all. But outside of tennis I don't think he's that perfect. Federer feels way more perfect to me. Djokovic shows a lot of emotion, gets angry often. I also think he has a very fragile looking body, but this goes maybe even more for Federer. Why don't they work out a bit more to get a strong body like Murray?

batz
10-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Odd, as this is one of the things that I find endearing in Djokovic. I like them to show their emotion on the court, especially when they lose a key point as he did this past weekend.

For me, it goes:

Federer - Doesn't show much emotion on the court. He can be winning in straights or losing in straights and you really cannot tell. Sure, on occasion he gives a fist pump, but I'd like to see more.

Nadal - As mentioned before me, the butt-picking and the 35-40 seconds between points. Speed it up a little.

Djokovic - At present, nothing. I used to dislike him the most of any top 10 player, but I've come to appreciate and enjoy his athleticism and fight/determination over the last 2 years. Maybe the 30 bounces of the ball before serving, but he seems to have cut that down as well.

Murray - Choking. Yes, he finally won two big matches this summer (Olympics & US), but I'm still not convinced. I like to see a final where the outcome is still up in the air. You know with the other 3, they can all play their best, and it's still a '?' in the win column. With Murray, not so much. But he's improving...

Yep. We need to see him in a final that goes to 5, preferably with Murray having been 2 sets up. Let's see how he deals with that.

Sentinel
10-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Roger - his general lack of self confidence and unwillingness to talk about himself. C'mon Sexi - maybe just a few words?

Rafa - the way he rushes between points and unwillingness to adjust himself. C'mon Humble Golden Bull, maybe just a little tug on the solomons?

Novak - his lack of national pride and unwillingness to show emotion when winning things. C'mon Serbinator, maybe just a little fist pump or adje?

Murray - his inability to display the effects of his injuries and his 'iceman' refusal to display his negative emotions on court. C'mon New Fang, maybe just a bit more heart on sleeve?

PMSL. I got the drift in the second para. I was about to do something on these lines but your was mucho better.

merwy
10-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Federer - Careless comments sometimes, could be a better loser sometimes, habbit of blowing matches when he hits the panic button. Terrible challenges with hawkeye. Can get tetchy on court when things are not going his way.

Nadal - Slow between points and takes his own sweet time in coming to the net to start match etc which is disrespectful. Game can be boring, constantly brings up injuries but insists on playing as much as possible, gets tetchy on court when the going gets tough and bullies officials sometimes. Makes clay season uninteresting :lol:

Djokovic - Too much chest beating. Has become toomuch of a grinder. Takes too long between points. Ruined his own serve.

Murray - Attitude, personality, game.. ahh too much to list :lol:

Well he has made it a lot more accurate in exchange of power. He's like a machine now, as if he can literally hit it at the exact spot that he wants to hit it.

merwy
10-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Federer (my favourite player): I would say that I sometimes hate it when it doesn't look like he's trying even though I know he is ex: Wimb 2011 against Tsonga. I can also see where some would say he's a little arrogant, but I like his honesty. He's said before, something like, why should I pretend that I'm not the favourite going into some matches when everybody knows I am? (i.e he's not Nadal.) I feel like I'm lieing to the fans, and it doesn't make sense. That jacket was also not his fault. A better example could be used, like say, his 2011 USO SF press conference after his loss to Novak.

Nadal: I would say I don't like his style of play. On top of this I've questioned a fair few of his MTO's, and he even went as far as to go to the bathroom when Federer served for the match in IW this year. I also grow tired of the endless injury excuses from his fans, but I guess I shouldn't take take this out on Rafa himself although he's not exactly clear of it either.

Djokovic: Djokovic is hard to get a grasp on because it's almost as if there are 2 versions of him. I don't like the fact that he gives up sometimes when he's down in a match. Ex: Cincy and DC last year, as well as Wimbledon 07, MC 08, and AO 09. He sometimes overdoes it on the celebrations too.

Murray: I was happy for him when he won his first slam, but I'd like it if everyone from now on would stop feeling sorry for the guy. Never liked his on court attitude. He's got a pretty dry sense of humour, but I think you'd have to get to know him. Gets down on himself way too easily, even to the point of shouting at different people like his coaches box or himself. I swear a lot, I'll be the first to admit that, but it's not that cool on national television. He should probably stop that. Especially hate the way he grabs at body parts whenever he loses a point, and then he's fine all of a sudden when things are going good.

That's pretty much it.

His first set of the Cincy final was rubbish but I wouldn't say he gave up. How can you call it giving up when he was so close to taking that 2nd set? Obviously he put up a fight, he made the tiebreak go to 10-8 iirc. And are you talking about the DC match against Del Potro?? Umm.. wasn't he very injured there? I recall him having to stop and sort of having to be carried of the court by his teammates. Here, I found the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR9H-4wVGLs&t=15m0s
Unless he faked all of that but.. why would he?

So you like everyone's game except Federer's??? That's pretty funny since Federer has the most beautiful game known to mankind (this isn't even an hyperbole).

Dark Magician
10-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Federer - His inconsistency now a days! He is Goderer for 10 mins, then turns to ******** or Shankerer for next hr and then Craperer for the remaining time.
Nadal - Style of play is not that appealing.
Novak - same as nadal but i like his personality a lot.
Murray - Constant swearing and constantly getting frustated (though its entertaining :D )

Gorecki
10-15-2012, 08:10 AM
Nadal = name them...
Federer = Man Purses
Murray = Cmoningnationizations extremis
Djokovic = his lunatic Family flocking him around
all 4 = their fans at TT??

cknobman
10-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Murray - face
Federer - Nadal
Nadal - Federer
Djokovic - hair

TheF1Bob
10-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Fed - Overrated

Nadal - Killed tennis

Nole - Saved tennis

Muzza - LOL

BHud
10-15-2012, 08:55 AM
I dislike them because they've all become too predictable (but it's really not their fault). Couple that with homogenous surfaces and you have a boring game. Do we really want to see a 10-12 stroke rally...EVERY point?

I loved the days when substantially different surfaces required significant adjustments to one's game in order to find a way to win, in spite of the conditions being in your favor or not (how was Borg able to dominate on 2 dramatically different surfaces - slow clay and fast grass?). It was more about competition than about ensuring the big 4 make it to the semis to protect tournament revenue.

sportsfan1
10-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Federer: Lately, I don't know when he's trying or when he's come in undercooked on practice - errors off both sides in Rome, Shanghai, etc. Maybe the plan is to not try too much outside the majors?

Djokovic - Needs to tone down the celebrations, a lot, and not try so hard. For how to win fans without trying - see Fed and Nadal :-).

Murray - Comes across real nerdy, especially when receiving serve.

Towser83
10-15-2012, 09:26 AM
His first set of the Cincy final was rubbish but I wouldn't say he gave up. How can you call it giving up when he was so close to taking that 2nd set? Obviously he put up a fight, he made the tiebreak go to 10-8 iirc. And are you talking about the DC match against Del Potro?? Umm.. wasn't he very injured there? I recall him having to stop and sort of having to be carried of the court by his teammates. Here, I found the vid:

So you like everyone's game except Federer's??? That's pretty funny since Federer has the most beautiful game known to mankind (this isn't even an hyperbole).

She obviously likes more lengthy defence based games, its personal choice. for many people including me federer's game is much more entertaining tp watch than the other top 4 players but its all about personal preference.

Golden
10-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Federer: His will to not win sometimes, as if he just gave up. Plus, I think he's a bit too arrogant at times, referenced by his short handshakes when he loses.

Djokovic: The only things I don't like about him are the excessive ball bouncing and beating his chest like a miniature version of King Kong.

Murray: Passive game, low 1st serve percentage, and the screaming.

Nadal: Used to be the boring game, unsportsmanlike behavior. Now, it's just ***.

Steve0904
10-15-2012, 12:39 PM

I was talking about Cincy in 2011, not this year, and the DC, yes it's true he was carried off the court. I just don't like that the guy had to lose a set before he stopped playing. If he was that injured he would've stopped before he fell behind a set and (I think) a break. Then people may actually think he was injured instead of thinking he quit because he was losing. I'm not saying most people think like that, I'm saying that perception is a dangerous thing.

Hood_Man
10-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Their money and success :evil:

CMM
10-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Federer - The smugness, some of his fans.
Djokovic - It's silly but I don't like it when he applauds his opponent's good shots.
Murray - I don't know.
Rafa - Many times he becomes too defensive and doesn't try to change anything even though he sees he's losing, some of his tics, his PR team, when he argues with the umpires, the fact that he uses hair gel.

Steve0904
10-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Djokovic - It's silly but I don't like it when he applauds his opponent's good shots.
Murray - I don't know.
Rafa - Many times he becomes too defensive and doesn't try to change anything even though he sees he's losing, some of his tics, his PR team, when he argues with the umpires, the fact that he uses hair gel.

I think that's the first time I've heard someone say that they don't know what they don't like about Murray. I also agree about Djokovic. It's not silly. I think if I was actually playing against Novak, and he applauded one of my shots I would think it was a bit cocky or disingenuous. It's strange because you can watch it on TV and think, well that's nice of him, but I think if I was actually playing him I'd feel differently. It's almost like he applauds as if to say yeah you won't be able to do that again.

IsnerFan
10-15-2012, 05:24 PM
i don't like murray's face

norbac
10-15-2012, 05:34 PM
I love Tomas Berdych. There. I said it.

90's Clay
10-15-2012, 05:37 PM
The fact that its a "top 4" and everyone else is incapable of winning anything?

librarysteg
10-15-2012, 05:37 PM
I like them all and can't grasp the mindset of the fans that get way into hating on a specific player. I'd love to hear an explanation that makes sense for that...

Federer: Lack of emotion on court
Nadal: All of his little OCD tics
Djokovic: Often a slow starter
Murray: The constant talking to himself after points

Towser83
10-15-2012, 06:11 PM
I like them all and can't grasp the mindset of the fans that get way into hating on a specific player. I'd love to hear an explanation that makes sense for that...

Federer: Lack of emotion on court
Nadal: All of his little OCD tics
Djokovic: Often a slow starter
Murray: The constant talking to himself after points

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_macks4GLC71qfoat7o4_250.gif

Just kidding,but I couldn't resist ;)

librarysteg
10-15-2012, 06:15 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_macks4GLC71qfoat7o4_250.gif

Just kidding,but I couldn't resist ;)

That's a great one. He doesn't have enough like it!

TheF1Bob
10-15-2012, 06:17 PM
That's right Towser, use my material. :rolleyes:

Paullaconte1
10-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Djokovic, Federer, Murray, Nadal - I am better than all of them, yet they are famous and make a lot more money than me...

LOL this is the best answer... I have the same feeling!!!

I am a much better player but for strange reasons I can't make. I am the real GOAT... not that weird Swiss guy!

UNFAIR!!!

;-)

:twisted:[/QUOTE]

PCXL-Fan
10-15-2012, 08:43 PM
For me their little quirks are fine. Whats annoying is the negative spam fans who rip into other players on this messageboard... people like veroniquem and 0-6,0-6,0-6 who champion everything their lover does and downplay Murray, Djokovic and Fed.

sandiegoman
10-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Nadal can get blown off the court by Rosal and he eats clay to live.

Murray always complains about his back

Crisstti
10-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Hate is too strong a word, but I dislike...

Federer - Many of his comments about other players. His arrogant attitudes (yeah, he might be being honest, but I'll borrow a comment by Moya here: I prefer modesty, even if it's fake...).

Nadal - That he's friends with people who actually go to bullfights (Feiciano Lopez), hangs out with and obviously likes people who kill elephants for fun (the king of Spain). Fishes.

Djokovic - He seems pretty short tempered. His attitude towards linesmen sometimes. His family.

Murray - His dogs' Twitter follow a pro-hunting group. Chokes too much.

overratednadal from youtube?

He sometimes comes here to post his nonsense.

Crisstti
10-16-2012, 01:55 PM

You do notice it comes down to personal opinion, right?.

tennis_pro
10-16-2012, 02:13 PM
You do notice it comes down to personal opinion, right?.

One's opinion is flawed if it states that Federer's game is ugly while Nadal's, Murray's and Djokovic's is not. This is just blasphemy.

Cesc Fabregas
10-16-2012, 02:33 PM
When tennis commentators, pundits and fans call it' The big 4' like it's come kind of special club.

Towser83
10-16-2012, 02:34 PM
That's right Towser, use my material. :rolleyes:

Hey it's a compliment!

Crisstti
10-16-2012, 03:39 PM
One's opinion is flawed if it states that Federer's game is ugly while Nadal's, Murray's and Djokovic's is not. This is just blasphemy.

Lol.

She never said anyone's game is either beautiful nor ugly though.

cc0509
10-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Federer: I don't dislike much about Federer. Only thing that I can think of is that he sometimes gives subtle digs about other players.

Nadal: The inconsistent injury stories drive me crazy. Also don't like his strategic use of MTO's which have occurred over the years.

Murray: He needs to keep it together better on court rather than act like a tempestuous 7 year old swearing and grabbing body parts.

Djokovic: Don't like much about him from all of the retirements throughout his career, his tanking of matches too many times, the racquet smashes, his overbearing need for acceptance and attention, his gorilla antics when he wins, to his obnoxious and trashy family.

cc0509
10-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Murray - I don't know.

LOL, I agree with you there, he needs to ixnay that hair gel.

Clarky21
10-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Federer: I don't dislike much about Federer. Only thing that I can think of is that he sometimes gives subtle digs about other players.

Nadal: The inconsistent injury stories drive me crazy. Also don't like his strategic use of MTO's which have occurred over the years.

Murray: He needs to keep it together better on court rather than act like a tempestuous 7 year old swearing and grabbing body parts.

Djokovic: Don't like much about him from all of the retirements throughout his career, his tanking of matches too many times, the racquet smashes, his overbearing need for acceptance and attention, his gorilla antics when he wins, to his obnoxious and trashy family.

I could've written this myself. Lol.

Clarky21
10-16-2012, 07:27 PM
LOL, I agree with you there, he needs to ixnay that hair gel.

Yep. When is he going to learn that the glop he puts in his hair just accentuates his thinning hair? It looks so much better when it's fluffy and natural looking. The gel makes it look greasy and dirty.

cc0509
10-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Yep. When is he going to learn that the glop he puts in his hair just accentuates his thinning hair? It looks so much better when it's fluffy and natural looking. The gel makes it look greasy and dirty.

Yes, people with thin hair should not be using hair gel period.

cc0509
10-16-2012, 07:33 PM
I could've written this myself. Lol.

Ha, ha. I mean I think Djokovic is obviously talented as a tennis player and he does seem to have a good sense of humor but there are more things that annoy me and prevent me from being a real fan of his.

I know there is nothing you like about him, lol.

kaku
10-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Fed: Off court remarks
Nadal: Nothing really
Djokovic: King Kongovic
Murray: He yells a lot

BauerAlmeida
10-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Federer-Nothing really. I hate that people who do not watch tennis or are just casual viewers think he is "the perfect gentleman" when he is not, but that's not his fault.

Murray-Choking, Pushing, On-court attitude but not that much

Nadal-Don't really like his style of play and his complains about the ranking, the calendar, etc.

Djokovic-Nothing to hate really. His family is not HIM. I'd like him to play more like he did in 2007-2008, but in this era it's better to play like he did the last years (clearly shown in his results).

Crisstti
10-16-2012, 08:41 PM

Not a fan of the hair gel at all either. Who knows why he uses it. maybe it somehow looks fine in person.

NadalAgassi
10-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Nadal- hate nothing about him.

Federer- hate his prissy overly feminine manner and behavior at times, dont like his arrogance, and of course his crazy fan base.

Djokovic- dislike his mother.

Murray- dislike his mopey demeanor, even when things go well he is more bored and hangdog than exuberant, and when they dont go well he gets really sulky.

reversef
10-17-2012, 03:03 AM
Federer:his egomaniac and conniving personality, his self-praising, the subtle digs he throws at other players, his smugness and his prissy attitude on the court, too many big serves and cheap points for my tastes, his dreadful smile.
Nadal: the short balls, his injuries, his sleeveless shirts and celebrations a few years ago, his hairgel.
Djokovic:his celebrations and his arrogance when he wins, his need for attention, his family and team, his awful haircut
Murray: his big first serves and numerous aces sometimes, his love for dropshots

Zarfot Z
10-17-2012, 04:50 AM

Hm. I for one love Federer's calm, cool headed demeanor on court. Guess it's just a matter of opinion.

Sabratha
10-17-2012, 07:09 AM
I hate Djokovic's swish swashing seasons.

Gorecki
10-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Federer:his egomaniac and conniving personality, his self-praising, the subtle digs he throws at other players, his smugness and his prissy attitude on the court, too many big serves and cheap points for my tastes, his dreadful smile.
Nadal: the short balls, his injuries, his sleeveless shirts and celebrations a few years ago, his hairgel.Djokovic:his celebrations and his arrogance when he wins, his need for attention, his family and team, his awful haircut
Murray: his big first serves and numerous aces sometimes, his love for dropshots

that is all he sees bad in the Nadal....

lonux
10-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Federer: He seems to be quite a sore loser sometimes. He can also be a bit bratty on-court sometimes.

Nadal: I don't really like his game, even though it can be spectacular at time. I dislike his on-court behaviour in general and HATE his off-court behaviour (press conferences etc.). There's always something that bothers me: the excuses or his overexagerrated "false" humbleness... Not saying the other pro's are perfect in their press conferences (Federer for example has been a bit sour during some of his press conferences after a loss) but for me, he's definitely the worst at it.

Djokovic: On-court behaviour can be terrible sometimes, much like Nadal (those celebrations...), but other than that, can't really think of much..

Murray: Ugly forehand, frustrating to watch when he is off/passive, always seems to be angry on court.

Mainad
10-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Federer: Has an irritating habit of always playing his best when facing Murray in a Slam. Has rained on poor Muzza's parade 3 times now and stopped him from becoming the first British man to win Wimbledon for 76 years. Bad Roger!

Nadal: Has an irritating habit of disappearing with injuries whenever some oik from the bowels of the rankings has the temerity to beat him in a Slam.

Djokovic: Has an irritating habit of ignoring his opponent's' multiple match points and winning matches he is supposed to lose.

Murray: Has an irritating habit of unexpectedly losing to oiks from the bowels of the rankings in the early rounds of some tournaments. Has recently developed the irritating habit of failing to convert multiple match points against his opponent and losing matches he is supposed to win.

:)

rafafan20
10-17-2012, 08:23 AM
I'd just like to see more variety in play from the top 4 in general, Rafa is really the only one who is unorthodox in the slightest. More fun in the 90s when guys had completely different types of games.

Towser83
10-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Federer: Has an irritating habit of always playing his best when facing Murray in a Slam. Has rained on poor Muzza's parade 3 times now and stopped him from becoming the first British man to win Wimbledon for 76 years. Bad Roger!

Nadal: Has an irritating habit of disappearing with injuries whenever some oik from the bowels of the rankings has the temerity to beat him in a Slam.

Djokovic: Has an irritating habit of ignoring his opponent's' multiple match points and winning matches he is supposed to lose.

Murray: Has an irritating habit of unexpectedly losing to oiks from the bowels of the rankings in the early rounds of some tournaments. Has recently developed the irritating habit of failing to convert multiple match points against his opponent and losing matches he is supposed to win.

that's a good list actually

veroniquem
10-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Brilliant post Mainad. Thanks for the laugh :)

NadalAgassi
10-17-2012, 11:11 PM

Best post in the thread. :)

Hood_Man
10-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Don't forget Nadal is also a paedophile, necrophiliac, misogynist, terrorist, a drug dealer. We shouldn't forget those.

He's Jimmy Saville?? :shock:

Hood_Man
10-17-2012, 11:51 PM

I concur with NadalAgassi :lol:

Gorecki
10-18-2012, 02:19 AM
He's Jimmy Saville?? :shock:

ownage....

Gorecki
10-18-2012, 02:22 AM
Don't forget Nadal is also a paedophile, necrophiliac, misogynist, terrorist, a drug dealer. We shouldn't forget those.

thank god he is not Serbian Trash right?...

Search: Key Word(s): serbian OR trash ; Posts Made By: The-Champ
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.10 seconds.

10is
10-18-2012, 05:08 AM
Muzza teeth are gross.
Nadal has no brain.
Djoko is perfect.

there you go.

:facepalm: Does anyone actually believe that this guy is a 40 year old as he purports to be? Seriously! He talks like my 12 year kid sister.

10is
10-18-2012, 05:42 AM

I really don't get this -- I can clearly whether he is upset, nervous, anxious, confident or happy on court. His emotional extraversion is subtle but it is very much there. I find him to be a kindred spirit in many ways -- I'm introverted and people who meet me for the first time are always under the mistaken assumption that I am aloof and arrogant and an "ice princess" when I have been feeling anything but confident and self-assured. I have an impassive demeanour more or less, and though I can laugh quite heartily and be very sociable at times, I only engage in that sort of behavior when it is warranted because it can immensely draining to consistently put up that sort of facade, especially around people who I am not all that close too.

MasturB
10-19-2012, 08:16 AM
Fed - My favourite player and probably only reason I picked up a tennis racket. His errant forehands annoy the hell out of me. It's such a powerful weapon and one of the greatest shots ever, yet when he nets it or has it go 2-3 feet long it irritates me.

Nadal - Too many silent bans.

Djokovic - Grunts, that slice backhand, and the way he spins off his foot on mid-court approach shots. I also don't like how he has his non racket hand just flailing on his forehand shots.

Muzza - Too passive. Djokovic match annoyed me so much even though he won. Just the way he'd have Djokovic on the run and he's like 5 feet from the net but instead retreats 15 feet behind the baseline to reset the point instead of going for a putaway volley, despite controlling the point. I love how smooth his serve is though.

Clarky21
10-19-2012, 09:59 AM
:facepalm: Does anyone actually believe that this guy is a 40 year old as he purports to be? Seriously! He talks like my 12 year kid sister.

You are kidding me? :shock: I thought Evan was no older than 18 or so. I would be shocked to find out he is that old.

tennisplayer1993
10-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Federer- i disliked him in his prime. but now i'm ok with him. i actually don't dislike his game though but for someone whose that famous how can you marry such an average looking woman... could do so much better. (i am shallow in real life, i admit that). Besides that, as much as he destroyed my favorite player's career, Roddick, I respect Federer. BUT one thing I do remember hating was the fact he cried after the aus open 2009 and then told roddick during the wimby 2009 speech that he knows how he felt... no he didn't, he didn't know how it felt to be dominated by your long term rival in every other grand slam final after your first.
Nadal- the time that takes him to serve ****es the crap out of me. he doesn't seem to be a gracious loser at times. I however love his forehand, being lefty, I try implementing top spin a lot.
Djokovic- I actually love djokovic. But his game is sometimes boring to watch.
Murray- his weird antics on court, he does seem to have a weird personality. Definitely not as charismatic as Andy Roddick was (IMO). But I love watching him, it just surprises me how it took him this long to win a grand slam tbh. I actually think he might go crazy next yr and win 2-3 grand slams- wimby, us open, and i honestly think the aus open. see what happens i guess.

tennisplayer1993
10-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Murray - I don't know.

i think that's the biggest issue with the top 4 for me as well.

Sid_Vicious
10-19-2012, 11:46 AM
The thing I can't stand about Murray and Djokovic (especially Murray) is that they whine non-stop not only when they are playing bad, but also when they get their butts handed to them. Murray would find a way to cry if Karlovic hit a 140 mph ace on him. Seriously, dude, sometimes the opponents shot is just too good.

CCNM
10-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Federer-too perfect. I personally can't seem to find a flaw with him.
Nadal-way too aggressive. The way he goes after the ball-I can't help but fantasize about what would have been if he had learned the game of baseball.
Djokovic-tries too hard to be a crowd-pleaser (Ironically, that's what I love about him)
Murray-NOT a very handsome man. Also seems to be a "mama's boy"

PeteD
10-19-2012, 05:58 PM
. . .
Djokovic - It's silly but I don't like it when he applauds his opponent's good shots. . . . .

Not silly at all since he only does it when losing the point doesn't really hurt him