PDA

View Full Version : PowerAngle: Gimmicky or no?

Lilguy1456
10-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Has anyone demo'ed the powerangle sticks? Are they any good or super gimmicky? I'm curious about them...

-C

Brian72
10-14-2012, 10:34 AM
I owned a Power Angle Pro for a period of time. I strung it up with some poly. The weight distribution was funky for me. I didn't notice that big of an increase in spin production and I didn't feel like it had that put away power that I was looking for. I really wanted to like this frame. I Think the string pattern has some merit, all though I had to get a little creative when I strung it up. I really think it was the weight distribution that didn't work for me.

lobman
10-15-2012, 10:29 AM
LilGuy-I played with the 102" model for several months and couldn't sense any difference than the conventionally strung racquets. You might check out the reviews of the racquet here at TW; I agree with a common thread in those player reviews--most 3.5-4.0 players could play with it fine. After all, as I keep telling myself, you can't buy your game off the wall.

sureshs
10-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Remember to keep you head at an angle when you demo

counterpuncher
10-15-2012, 08:44 PM
I had the Pro for a while. I did find that I got more spin from this racquet than most others, with balls noticeably kicking up off the court.

IMO it's the length of what would be conventional mains and crosses and the large gaps that promotes spin. Power was also higher because of the OS type trampoline effect of those longer diagonals. I did find that directional control suffered though.

IMO this racquet is best suited to windshield wiper type strokes, as flat strokes are far harder to control. The even balance also did me no favours (leather made the sw too high for me) and neither did the flattish grip shape, but overall worth a try.