PDA

View Full Version : Haas vs Nalbandian

tennisaddict
10-14-2012, 05:50 AM
Both have wonderful games to watch. Haas has one of the best 1HBH and Nalbandian the best 2HBH.

In terms of all round game , probably Nalbandian is marginally better than Haas. Yet Haas has had some remarkable runs this year and moved from 200 ranking to 20. Nalbandian is at 63.

Haas is 34 years, Nalbandian is only 30.

Is he motivated ? Also more often than not, Nallbandian has some worst draws as far as majors are concerned. Always he meets Nadal or Federer within the second or third round. Never an easy passage. He almost doesnt care at the smaller tournaments.

Can Nalbandian take inspiration from Haas and string together a couple of good years without injury, anger affecting his game ?

6-1 6-3 6-0
10-14-2012, 05:54 AM
Both have had chances this year (Nalbandian against Nadal IW 2012, Haas against Djokovic Toronto 2012) but both were too mentally fragile to capitalise (Haas started talking and swearing to himself which didn't seem to help him as it did before, and Nalbandian cracked under the immense pressure of Rafael Nadal).

Andres
10-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Can Nalbandian take inspiration from Haas and string together a couple of good years without injury, anger affecting his game ?
I don't Haas can inspire Nalbandian to... not get injured. Unfortunately, Nalby is really injury-prone. Such a pity.

BauerAlmeida
10-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Nalbandian did well the first half of the season (defeated Tsonga, Tipsarevic, Simon, had close defeats against Murray and Nadal). Then he got some bad draws and injuries. Some first rounds against Tipsarevic and Haas (wasted a MP in Toronto I think).

I think he can have a good comeback next season. Get in the TOP 20 again if he stays injury free.