PDA

View Full Version : Why there isn't any personalised equipment for Murray???

dimeaxe
10-15-2012, 08:12 AM
"Adidas" seems to not really care about their currently best male athlete.Their marketing abilities outside of soccer and basketball world are really slim.I mean Nike is making a huge effort, year by year in marketing, they're pushing really hard, and it's effective, what's wrong with these adidas dudes?:)

Homeboy Hotel
10-15-2012, 08:49 AM
This is a very true point.

Nike's technique is: Have the player and adapt the brand around the player. 'RF polo, RF shorts etc'

Adidas' technique: Have a brand and adapt the player around the brand. 'Barricade Summer collection'

Murray wears the Barricade range and supposedly helps design the Barricade 8 shoes (when secretly, he wears customised Barricade 5).

I don't know why there isn't more player emphasised ranges in Adidas...can't really see Murray wearing hats with his name on or US Open 2013 trainers on with a massive number '1' :lol:

RF20Lennon
10-15-2012, 09:06 AM
I don't know why there isn't more player emphasised ranges in Adidas...can't really see Murray wearing hats with his name on or US Open 2013 trainers on with a massive number '1' :lol:

LOLL!! :lol:

Vlad_C
10-15-2012, 12:07 PM
>>Why there isn't any personalised equipment for Murray???

Because he doesn't have a personality!
Boom!!!

racquetfreak
10-15-2012, 12:16 PM
>>Why there isn't any personalised equipment for Murray???

Because he doesn't have a personality!
Boom!!!

he has a personality (dour, irritable) but no charisma of note.

jokinla
10-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Adidas is lost, they have Murray and others wearing shirts you can't buy, Djoker wears shoes from them that are unavailable. Can you imagine Nike having a top player wear their shoes and you constantly can't buy them. I guess one good aspect of all this nonsense is that Adidas can keep their prices lower, certainly don't plan on paying $85 plus for an Adidas shirt, or any shirt for that matter, but at least Adidas doesn't start there.

Strober
10-15-2012, 01:13 PM
what shirt of murrayss can't you buy? the one from asia, if so, its the same as USO but with a asian symbol on for China only, rather a big market i have heard and Nole isn't sponsored by adidas and as far as i am aware has never worn a shoe that you can't buy, even his mi adidas were available and his current Barri 7's are out of the box in line shoes available in just about every market, agree on the shirts though!

dr325i
10-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Adidas is lost, they have Murray and others wearing shirts you can't buy, Djoker wears shoes from them that are unavailable. Can you imagine Nike having a top player wear their shoes and you constantly can't buy them. I guess one good aspect of all this nonsense is that Adidas can keep their prices lower, certainly don't plan on paying $85 plus for an Adidas shirt, or any shirt for that matter, but at least Adidas doesn't start there.

What shirt -- I have the exact one minus a few details. I did not know I could get the EXACT shirt (all the details) Federer is wearing?
Shoes --I have the white/black stripes ones on my shelf.
Again, Nike and their top guy -- can you really get the Fed exact shoes?

What are you talking about?!

Ico
10-15-2012, 03:47 PM
With his initials, it wouldn't be that hard either. I did a quick search and I think something like this could work. Total coincidence that it nearly resembles the current Adidas logo.

http://cyber.felk.cvut.cz/ceemas2003/pictures/logoAM.gif

Beto 04
10-15-2012, 04:14 PM
what shirt of murrayss can't you buy? the one from asia, if so, its the same as USO but with a asian symbol on for China only, rather a big market i have heard and Nole isn't sponsored by adidas and as far as i am aware has never worn a shoe that you can't buy, even his mi adidas were available and his current Barri 7's are out of the box in line shoes available in just about every market, agree on the shirts though!

Djoker isn't sponsered by adidas but he wears pe shoes

ductrung3993
10-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Djokovic used to get his own gear when he was with Adidas...

jokinla
10-15-2012, 10:46 PM

Murray is currently wearing the all white with bright gold, no urban sky color, and the only ones available are all white with urban sky on adida.co and the one TW has which is all white with both urban sky and bright gold, can't seem to find anyone selling the colorway he is wearing and the same with the shirts Baghdatis and Mayer are wearing which are all bright gold with some urban sky.

jokinla
10-15-2012, 10:48 PM
What shirt -- I have the exact one minus a few details. I did not know I could get the EXACT shirt (all the details) Federer is wearing?
Shoes --I have the white/black stripes ones on my shelf.
Again, Nike and their top guy -- can you really get the Fed exact shoes?

What are you talking about?!

You can get the exact color of shirt with the RF etc. that Fed wears, I'm not aware of any difference between the shirt Fed wears and the one they sell.

dr325i
10-16-2012, 01:35 AM
You can get the exact color of shirt with the RF etc. that Fed wears, I'm not aware of any difference between the shirt Fed wears and the one they sell.

I missed to say EVERY shirt he wore...
I have seen some that were not available to public, and same for the shoes, shorts, even wristbands...
Nevermind the details available only for him on his shirts, shoes, etc... I don't see Nike any better or worse than Adidas with this

Not sure what are you trying to say here...

robbo1970
10-16-2012, 03:56 AM
Murray has his name on a few Head rackets, the low end and junior ones. And ive seen him feature in Adidas commercials, but maybe Adidas still has too much of an investment in the likes of David Beckham and maybe some NBA stars to add Murray to their brand.

kaku
10-16-2012, 12:52 PM
I wonder if they'll put a little USO trophy on Murray's shoes :)

cknobman
10-16-2012, 02:33 PM
They had prototyped a special line of toothpaste but when they reviewed the commercial footage with Andy smiling they reconsidered and canceled it.

Adidas_Anderson
10-16-2012, 07:08 PM
My view:
-Don't Forget Novak has its hawk line in 2009 eg.CC Genius Novak?

-Barricade 6 shoes having murrays signature on it.( sort of)

-Djokovic's Mi-Barricade 6's having Grandslam trophies on it and serbia flag that you can't self made.

-Nishikori is not signed by Adidas , but he got a special color way of its own with a red dot on it given by adidas

True,Adidas has to put some personalisation on to his tennis brands, but don't forget Murray is not as popular as RF or Rafa.
I mean , the last well high priced Adidas Tennis shirts are the GB-Team Murray Crew....
I'd rather not having personalised logo's on adidas stuff,
i mean come on they are getting more expensive these days and
if its got a players name on it i cant afford more lol

jokinla
10-16-2012, 08:03 PM
I missed to say EVERY shirt he wore...
I have seen some that were not available to public, and same for the shoes, shorts, even wristbands...
Nevermind the details available only for him on his shirts, shoes, etc... I don't see Nike any better or worse than Adidas with this

Not sure what are you trying to say here...

I'm talking about shirts only here, I don't go crazy over the wristbands, headbands, etc. like some of the other guys, but I'll get the shirts, and since the 2010 Aussie Open, every crew/polo Fed has worn, has looked identical to what Nike has sold, exact same colors, exact same RF logo, everything, all details identical on his shirts as what they sell. And my initial post was about the current Adidas shirts that the pro guys are wearing, that aren't for sale.

abcman
10-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Murray is currently wearing the all white with bright gold, no urban sky color, and the only ones available are all white with urban sky on adida.co and the one TW has which is all white with both urban sky and bright gold, can't seem to find anyone selling the colorway he is wearing and the same with the shirts Baghdatis and Mayer are wearing which are all bright gold with some urban sky.

NO! The shirt Murray wearing is AVAILABLE in the ADIDAS Booth of the Shanghai Master.:twisted: just like the nike NYC edition vapor, which you can only find in NYC

jokinla
10-16-2012, 08:08 PM
NO! The shirt Murray wearing is AVAILABLE in the ADIDAS Booth of the Shanghai Master.:twisted: just like the nike NYC edition vapor, which you can only find in NYC

Well unless you were in Shanghai, it's unavailable.

abcman
10-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Well unless you were in Shanghai, it's unavailable.

But they are not unavailable for sale :-|

jokinla
10-16-2012, 08:23 PM
But they are not unavailable for sale :-|

Exactly my point.

NJ1
10-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Murray wears the Barricade range and supposedly helps design the Barricade 8 shoes (when secretly, he wears customised Barricade 5).

:

Pretty sure he wears specially customized Barricade 7s and has done since AO12 ended. The sole pattern is from the B5, but the upper is now definitely the B7. He skipped ever wearing the B6, as did I. So while not the exact B7s we wear, they are closer than to any other previous or current shoe, similar to how Nadal's CBs are the latest store style but with the 2.3 sole, an extended tongue and deleted air max window on the insteps.

Djoker_69
10-18-2012, 10:22 PM

actually if you go to strung out (without the space) you can get the gold shirt baggys wearing

WhereIsMacMac
10-18-2012, 10:36 PM
With his initials, it wouldn't be that hard either. I did a quick search and I think something like this could work. Total coincidence that it nearly resembles the current Adidas logo.

http://cyber.felk.cvut.cz/ceemas2003/pictures/logoAM.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6361cty0y1qhqsb2.gif

axel89
10-25-2012, 03:44 AM
federer also has a **** loads amount of unexclusives also fed's shirts are 80$ a piece why the heck would you buy them I mean the RF logo is cool and all but still.. 80$.