PDA

View Full Version : Volkl feedback

lobman
10-15-2012, 10:28 AM
I've been playing with the Volkl V1 Classic recently and with other Volkl models prior to that. I love the comfort and maneuverability of the V1 (and all Volkls I've tried). But, as I've aged and slowed, I'm feeling the need for a little more power assist from my racquet--possibly going to a 105 head size. I would appreciate some feedback/advice on something to meet that need in the Volkl line preferably, or other lines that offer the same comfort and maneuverability. Thanks much.

rlau
10-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Perhaps the Volkl Organix V1 Oversize or the Volk Organix 4?

lstewart
10-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Yes, I would think the V1 oversize would be an option. My son is a 16 year old highly ranked tournament player and he played the Power Bridge 7 until recently. It is a full oversize 107. Not sure if has as much power as you are looking for. In fact, I might be interested in trading a PB7 for a V1 MP if you have any interest.

ollinger
10-15-2012, 12:37 PM
More power??? You're the "lobman"!

lobman
10-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Good pull Olli but even us lobmen have to hit a ground stroke now ant then!

lobman
10-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Yes, I would think the V1 oversize would be an option. My son is a 16 year old highly ranked tournament player and he played the Power Bridge 7 until recently. It is a full oversize 107. Not sure if has as much power as you are looking for. In fact, I might be interested in trading a PB7 for a V1 MP if you have any interest.
That trade might be a possibility; let me meditate and you do the same and let's communicate.

Timbo's hopeless slice
10-15-2012, 02:17 PM
The Volkl 4s are a great racquet, pretty light though..

scotus
10-15-2012, 02:38 PM
There is a similar thread wherein some have reported that Boris Becker Sportster, which replaces the BB V1 line, is a more powerful version of V1.

Check it out.

Chotobaka
10-15-2012, 04:33 PM
When it comes to Volkl, don't discount the Organix 10 295. The light weight might very well be enough compensate for slowing down -- I have played what seems to be every 295 gram racquet out there and nothing whips though the air like the X10 295. Speed, extreme comfort, power and spin -- it does it all. Do not confuse with its predecessor, the Power Bridge 10 Light (also 295g), as the new one is leaps and bounds better for my game which was facing similar obstacles as you.

coolblue123
10-16-2012, 02:56 AM
Here's a thread on the VX1:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=404589

I had the chance to demo the VX1 MP several weeks ago, it is very stable for the light weight. Just wanted to compare it with my NYC. Has great pop and bite on the ball. It'll be an awesome dubs stick. I played with the Sportster briefly awhile ago, it's a pretty powerful racquet. IMO, it's more powerful than the VX1.

lstewart
10-16-2012, 04:45 AM
Lobman, I tried a V1 (both Classic and Powerbridge versions) last night for the first time. Does not suit my game... too light and stiff. Swinging hard the PB V1 was okay, but it did not have enough mass for shots I wanted to just block back, such as hard serves. Also felt a little too light serving with it. The oversize version may work for you. You might also consider trying the Volkl Power Bridge 7. As I mentioned yesterday, it is a full oversize frame, but has good control and power. To me it has alot more playable power than the V1's I tested.

Nostradamus
10-16-2012, 05:34 AM
I've been playing with the Volkl V1 Classic recently and with other Volkl models prior to that. I love the comfort and maneuverability of the V1 (and all Volkls I've tried). But, as I've aged and slowed, I'm feeling the need for a little more power assist from my racquet--possibly going to a 105 head size. I would appreciate some feedback/advice on something to meet that need in the Volkl line preferably, or other lines that offer the same comfort and maneuverability. Thanks much.

i think V1 oversize would be a good option. i found volkl to be very different in feel. what do you guys think ? it is very odd feeling racket from lets say Wilson or head. not sure if this is due to material used ? and wonder how long does it take to get used to this feeling ?

SystemicAnomaly
10-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Why not stick with the V1 Classic and reduce the string tension somewhat for more power. This should also yield a larger sweetspot. You might also consider adding just a tad more weight to the head &/or throat.

lobman
10-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Why no stick with the V1 Classic and reduce the string tension somewhat for more power. This should also yield a larger sweetspot. You might also consider adding just a tad more weight to the head &/or throat.
That's a really logical option--no need for extensive demos or impulse racquet-buying based on second-head data, just go with a tune-up rather than a trade-in and new purchase!

BUT, what about us racquetholics who have a filter that tunes out logical, common-sense options when it comes to racquets and who have locks on the closet that holds our racquet collection so the wife wont' know about our problem?

Seriously, I think I will try your suggestion. Thanks for trying to keep me "sober."

And thanks too to all who offered suggestions (I probably will get around to trying out some of those racquets!)

lstewart
10-17-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm regularly adjusting tension, string choices, etc. But I think I am with lobman..... as I have frames laying everywhere around the house. Of course I've got 2 sons and a wife that play, so I can pass purchases around! Every couple of years I get the urge that the next great racket that fits me perfectly is out there waiting to be discovered.