PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Drive Grip

lynnbart
10-15-2012, 06:48 PM
My son has a couple of 2012 Pure Drives and tonight the grip on one of them started sounding like it was loose.

If you hold the racket with a continental grip and move it up and down it feels like the end of the grip is kinda loose and has a "squeak" type of sound.

Has anyone else noticed this on a Pure Drive and can it be repaired or fixed ? Sorry if this is in the wrong forum....

Thanks,,,,

eleventeenth street
10-15-2012, 06:53 PM
i don't have first hand experience with this but babolats are notorious for having loose or squeaky butt caps. very common problem

just unwrap the grip and use a staple gun or some kind of adhesive to make sure the butt cap is secured more firmly

lynnbart
10-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Okay.. That sounds like the area it is coming from.

I've never taken the buttcap off. Is the handle underneath the same "material" as the rest of the racket ?

eleventeenth street
10-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Okay.. That sounds like the area it is coming from.

I've never taken the buttcap off. Is the handle underneath the same "material" as the rest of the racket ?

no, the handle under the grip is usually a hard molded foam or removable pallets. i'm not sure which one babolat uses. probably the molded foam

lynnbart
10-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks.....

We added 6 grams of lead this evening and the grip ended up loose after just a few minutes of hitting. Hope that didn't have anything to do with it....