PDA

View Full Version : Volkl PB mid sweetspot shape

matchmaker
10-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Quick question, have used search function, but find nothing that answers it.

Is the sweetspot long or short, i.e. is there a lot of action in the upper hoop just like the v-engine mid?

mctennis
10-16-2012, 09:49 PM
The sweet spot is below the center of the string bed. Don't use the upper part of the string bed or you won't get any of the control of depth. I've found the sweet spot to be consistently in the same spot on Volkl racquets. Short sweet spot.

matchmaker
10-17-2012, 05:40 PM
I was just looking at the TW video review and I had the impression most players were hitting slightly north of the center of the racquet.

If someone could compare it to the Volkl V-engine mid or the C10 Pro, it would be highly appreciated. I thought they both had a pretty rectangular sweetspot, but the V-engine was rectangular length-wise (long but narrow sweetspot) and the C10 Pro was, IMO, rectangular width-wise (short but wide sweetspot).

Is the PB mid as dead in the upper hoop as the C10 Pro?

mctennis
10-20-2012, 05:52 PM
The PB10 has a small sweet spot. I don't think it is dead in the upper hoop area. However, I don't hit in the upper hoop area except to push a ball back to the other guy in warmup serves. I use the C10 PT and these two have the same sweet spot. So I don't have any problem switching between them. I've never used the V engine.
Maybe with poly strings you need to hit north of center. I don't use a full poly string bed. I just know what area I need to hit in to get the results I need.