PDA

View Full Version : Murray asking for votes?

cluckcluck
10-17-2012, 01:17 PM
So I see that Murray has taken to Facebook asking for votes on his nomination of ATP World Tour Fan Favorite.

Asking for votes kind of, IMHO, takes away the reward (if won). I don't think I've ever seen Fed or Rafa asking for the votes...seems desperate.

Prisoner of Birth
10-17-2012, 01:25 PM
So I see that Murray has taken to Facebook asking for votes on his nomination of ATP World Tour Fan Favorite.

Asking for votes kind of, IMHO, takes away the reward (if won). I don't think I've ever seen Fed or Rafa asking for the votes...seems desperate.

LOL he's not gonna win but it's good to see he cares.

jaggy
10-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Next he will be trying to be voted queen of england

Ripster
10-17-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm a fan of Murray's game but no way he'll win fan favourite.

The Bawss
10-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Lol, how desperate and cheap. He will never win it anyway, Scotland is a tiny country and doesn't house enough Mards.

Zildite
10-17-2012, 01:44 PM
You are right, Nadal and Federer would never lower themselves to this level. Murray should be banned from tennis.

Never (http://i.imgur.com/AAqj0.png). Ever (http://i.imgur.com/UpkTy.png).

Russeljones
10-17-2012, 01:51 PM
I think that's his sense of humour.

batz
10-17-2012, 01:53 PM
You are right, Nadal and Federer would never lower themselves to this level. Murray should be banned from tennis.

Bazinga! 'Up ye, haters.

*Sparkle*
10-17-2012, 01:56 PM
As if it's them updating their facebooks anyway!

cluckcluck
10-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Bazinga! 'Up ye, haters.

Murray, "I need your vote ;)"
Federer, "It would be great to have your vote."
Nadal, "..."

Which of the three is more desperate?

Prisoner of Birth
10-17-2012, 02:08 PM
I think that's his sense of humour.

You know what, you could be right. If that's true, it's hilarious! Good on you, Murray!

norbac
10-17-2012, 02:40 PM
None of the top players probably write anything on their actual FB page, so who cares?

r2473
10-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Murray, "I need your vote ;)"
Federer, "It would be great to have your vote."
Nadal, "..."

Which of the three is more desperate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JofsNCAL_Wo&feature=relmfu

From 8:30

Fee
10-17-2012, 10:50 PM
All the players are doing it, I've seen it show up on some of the doubles players pages. I think the ATP asked them all to help promote it.

Sabratha
10-17-2012, 10:51 PM

Different personalities.

Zarfot Z
10-18-2012, 01:30 AM
Even if Federer and Nadal promoted Murray he still wouldn't win.

The Bawss
10-18-2012, 01:47 AM
Even if Federer and Nadal promoted Murray he still wouldn't win.

Even if Princess Diana rose from the grave and chanted a song of praise with the help of Nelson Mandela and Jesus to promote Murray, he would still come last of the top 4.

tusharlovesrafa
10-18-2012, 02:07 AM
I will vote for Murray!

Tony48
10-18-2012, 02:18 AM
Fed's gonna win again.

*still voting for Djokovic*

batz
10-18-2012, 02:22 AM
Even if Princess Diana rose from the grave and chanted a song of praise with the help of Nelson Mandela and Jesus to promote Murray, he would still come last of the top 4.

Which must make you feel all warm inside, right?

I await your condemnation of Roger for indulging in exactly the same behaviour (quote "Lol, how desperate and cheap" unquote) that you couldn't wait to condemn Murray for.

I suspect I'll have a long wait.

You know what you are.

batz
10-18-2012, 02:24 AM
Fed's gonna win again.

*still voting for Djokovic*

Of course he will - he's probably the most popular player the planet has ever seen.

The Bawss
10-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Which must make you feel all warm inside, right?

I await your condemnation of Roger for indulging in exactly the same behaviour that you couldn't wait to condemn Murray for.

I suspect I'll have a long wait.

You know what you are.

Naughty Roger. He should know better. He knows he is going to win, why one would stoop to such a level is beyond me.

P.S: You might be surprised to hear that I boycotted the top 4 with my vote. Sick of top4 fanboyism.

CMM
10-18-2012, 02:32 AM
Last year Rafa was the only one from the top 4 who didn't post the link on his facebbok page and he finished third. I guess it's gonna happen the same this year.

batz
10-18-2012, 03:07 AM
Naughty Roger. He should know better. He knows he is going to win, why one would stoop to such a level is beyond me.

No laughing? Not cheap and desperate?

You know what you are.

The Bawss
10-18-2012, 03:13 AM
No laughing? Not cheap and desperate?

You know what you are.

Slightly cheap but not desperate. Yeah, yeah I am a troll, possibly the worst offender of TTW. I don't know what your problem is, old man.

joeri888
10-18-2012, 03:14 AM
I think it's actually meant to be a polite gesture by all of them. Acknowledging that competition and how great it would be to win it.

Magnus
10-18-2012, 06:40 AM

Why should Murray be banned from tennis? Has he ignored the rules in a match? Did he do illegal stuff to prevent his opponent from focusing? Has he been wasting time on a regular basis between points?

I know a player who should be banned from tennis, and its not Murray.

CMM
10-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Why should Murray be banned from tennis? Has he ignored the rules in a match? Did he do illegal stuff to prevent his opponent from focusing? Has he been wasting time on a regular basis between points?

During the Shanghai final they showed a statistic and one of the players was taking 32 seconds between points, the other 28 or 29.
So yes, Murray is a cheater and deserves to be banned.

RF20Lennon
10-18-2012, 07:39 AM
LOL it's not like he's begging

MSK
10-18-2012, 07:47 AM

[ ] understands sarcasm

RF20Lennon
10-18-2012, 07:49 AM

He's being sarcastic bro :)

oy vey
10-18-2012, 11:12 AM

Wow, thanks for the tip, I just submitted for Novak