PDA

View Full Version : why does Wozniacki's father really **** me off?

christo
10-21-2012, 03:43 AM
I can't quite put my finger on it but I really can't stand the sucker. I get the support thing but there's just something about the guy that just rubs me up the wrong way. maybe it's a Mary Pierce/ capriati hangover:confused:

Gonzo_style
10-21-2012, 03:50 AM
Meetoo! Btw, Pusheriacki beat Stosur in Moscow final :mad:

ollinger
10-21-2012, 04:59 AM
The answer usually lies in your own relationship with your parents. Did they push you, did they encourage you, did they pay real attention to you? The ignored tend to look at Mr. Wozniacki and see a martinet taskmaster, though he's helped create a pretty fantastic life for his daughter.

baoshuxiong
10-21-2012, 05:04 AM
It's a bad idea to involve family members with professional life. He looks like an emo-abusive father. Anyway, he's not helping Wozniacki climbing back to #1 spot.

Time to put him on sideline and get a real pro trainer.

baoshuxiong
10-21-2012, 05:06 AM
Nvm Wozniacki finally won an ATP tour trophy!!! Hurray!!! Likes her forms!!!

Paullaconte1
10-21-2012, 05:59 AM
It's a bad idea to involve family members with professional life. He looks like an emo-abusive father. Anyway, he's not helping Wozniacki climbing back to #1 spot.

Time to put him on sideline and get a real pro trainer.

Bartoli is in the same league... Not the Williams..

Homeboy Hotel
10-21-2012, 06:27 AM
You know the saying.. Like father like so...daughter.

SCSI
10-22-2012, 08:00 AM
It probably has a lot to do with your own personality and what you are used to. Wozniaki's father seems fine to me and I would prefer to have my coach give me detailed and straight forward instructions. If you are the kind that have problem with this style and would prefer to have more emotionally supportive coach, he is probably not the right person.

Fortunately, Wozniaki herself seems to respond well. I would guess she is compatible with her dad's personality and she understands that he means well, though he gets animated at times.

El Diablo
10-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Parent coaches of pros get an unfortunately bad connotation for some reason. Sure, there's been some wretched parents involved (Capriati and Dokic leap to mind, though I'm not sure they were primary coaches) but players like Wozniacki and Bartoli have had terrific careers for girls who don't exactly look like natural born athletes, and others like Jimmy Evert and Richard Williams have coached their daughters to world domination. The suggestion that Mr. Wozniacki "looks like" he's "abusive" is odd if not slanderous.

rdis10093
10-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Meetoo! Btw, Pusheriacki beat Stosur in Moscow final :mad:

dude come on that is a result. learn the rules

oy vey
10-22-2012, 08:44 PM
He's just a pushy type who won't let his daughter have another coach, even though he's not helping her. I think he doesn't want to give up any money.

ollinger
10-23-2012, 05:55 AM
^^ What's the source of the assertion that he won't "let" his daughter have a different coach?

oy vey
10-28-2012, 07:05 PM
^^ What's the source of the assertion that he won't "let" his daughter have a different coach?

Well? Who is her coach? They tried one or two and they were quickly dismissed, and old pap took over again.