PDA

View Full Version : Weekend at Bernie's

christo
10-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Is Tomic the next Donald Young? I know he's young but is the head going to come around? Not sure he can handle the pressure being heaped on him, he's got game but results aren't coming.

Timbo's hopeless slice
10-21-2012, 04:15 PM
if he makes it past Youzhny (sp?) this week, it will be interesting to see how he goes against Matosevic.

they are currently ranked 45 and 46!

Mind you, Youzhny is not exaclty an easy beat!

as for your question, I think he has already done much better than poor DY, and he is barely 20.

Steve0904
10-21-2012, 05:15 PM
I worry for Tomic because he seems like a poor mans early career Murray in the sense that I don't think he has a real weapon. The FH is not aggressive enough. I don't think that bodes well for getting 1000 titles never mind slams.

Timbo's hopeless slice
10-21-2012, 05:21 PM
it isn't so much that he doesn't have a weapon, itis more that he is so reluctant to pull the trigger.

he can hit that forehand through anyone when he goes for it, but he hardly ever does...

Steve0904
10-21-2012, 05:42 PM
it isn't so much that he doesn't have a weapon, itis more that he is so reluctant to pull the trigger.

he can hit that forehand through anyone when he goes for it, but he hardly ever does...

So like I said. Kind of like early Andy Murray, although I think he'll be lucky if he ends up half as good as Murray.

tennisfan2010
10-21-2012, 09:19 PM
I honestly don't see him ever being a great player. Too many issues surrounding him (some by his own actions).