PDA

View Full Version : Creating the Prestige MP 16x19 from a Prostock tgt 292.3

DavaiMarat
10-22-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure I even have the codes right but I use be a big collector of the TGK 237.1s and 2s. I actually have a few of the coveted 16/19 mid prestiges still kicking around.

I now play the retail IG Prestige midplus. I've always wondered how this framem would feel with a 16/19 drill pattern. I know, the Prestige Pro is suppose to be this but I find the pro a bit unweildy and stiff.

So if you got one of those Pro Stock Prestige pros uncustomized, could you get the balance and weight distribution the same as a MP. Is there enough room to play. With the TGK237.1s and 2s you had 15g-20g to play with if you ejected the silicon.

Any thoughts? VS?

Cheers,

Mike

dr325i
10-22-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure I even have the codes right but I use be a big collector of the TGK 237.1s and 2s. I actually have a few of the coveted 16/19 mid prestiges still kicking around.

I now play the retail IG Prestige midplus. I've always wondered how this framem would feel with a 16/19 drill pattern. I know, the Prestige Pro is suppose to be this but I find the pro a bit unweildy and stiff.

So if you got one of those Pro Stock Prestige pros uncustomized, could you get the balance and weight distribution the same as a MP. Is there enough room to play. With the TGK237.1s and 2s you had 15g-20g to play with if you ejected the silicon.

Any thoughts? VS?

Cheers,

Mike

How do you fix the stiffness part?

MarrratSafin
10-22-2012, 07:49 PM
How do you fix the stiffness part?

I guess assuming the pro stock Prestige Pro is less stiff than retail version, which is usually the case isn't it?

Marcus2137
10-25-2012, 05:39 AM
My 238.5 is 100%-definitely softer/more flexible than my Retail YTPP.

It isn't nearly as soft as my pt57a, or even my China PT280s, but it's about halfway between the retail TYPP and the PT280.

I can feel the difference when playing, and even if you hold the racket lightly (2 fingers) an inch or two below the top of the grip, and hit the top of the head when your other hand, letting the racket vibrate at it's natural frequency; the TGK 238.5 has a much lower note than the retail stick. The frequency doesn't always have an exact relationship with the frame flex, but on frames of the same mold, it's a pretty good indicator of what the flex should be. The frequency tone is also a touch lower than it is on my retail YTPMP, so the flex should be in the low 60s (my guess: 61-63).

And to answer your original question, the pro stock would be light enough to customize and match to a retail Prestige MP. That's the great thing about pro stocks. My 238.5 would be about 300-310g strung without any silicon or lead, and if I swapped the leather grip for the same hydrosorb grip that the retail MP uses. That means you've got about 30-40g you can add before it weighs the same as a retail IG MP.

Geology_Rocks!
10-25-2012, 09:30 AM
What about a customized prestige s?