PDA

View Full Version : Moving from Wilson to Head......

Nexus Vapour
10-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Im thinking about moving from the Wilson Six.One 95 16x18 to the head IG Prestige 98. Has anybody had any experiences moving from Wilson 95 to Head Prestige? What are the Major differences? How do they compare?
Thanks.

UCSF2012
10-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Broader sweetspot but, less focused. Less pop, but a shade more consistent. Less stable. Grip more rectangular which is more annoying, but it is an improvement because there are fewer grip change errors. (For the one handed backhand, you can really feel the grip change error before you hit the ball. That gives you time to correct it before striking.) Serves are nearly identical in terms of power and spin, but the Prestige is a shade more accurate. Well, I hit my intended target more often.

LanEvo
10-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Grip/Handle shape.

rafafan20
10-22-2012, 01:51 PM
I want to like Head rackets but could never get over the handle shape. Personally not a fan of Wilson or Prince rackets either so I'm kind of shut out of the mainstream market.

veloduffer
10-22-2012, 03:22 PM
I've moved from the Six One (16x18 and 18x20) to the Head Extreme Pro 2.0. They play similarly in terms of power on serve and groundstrokes. The Head seems to generate a bit more spin and weighs just a bit less, which helps at the net. The Wilsons have a bit more stability. The Wilson 18x20 has more control than both the 16x19 and Head, but you need to swing a bit more to get the same spin generation.

The differences are slight, IMHO and based on a couple months of play (I switch the Wilson and Head sometimes still). I'm definitely keeping both.

Oh, there is definitely a different grip shape - the Wilson is more round and feels bigger than the rectangular shape of the Head.

sunof tennis
10-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Im thinking about moving from the Wilson Six.One 95 16x18 to the head IG Prestige 98. Has anybody had any experiences moving from Wilson 95 to Head Prestige? What are the Major differences? How do they compare?
Thanks.

Grip/handle shape has been previously mentioned. Some additional thoughts: The Prestige 98 is almost the same size as the Wilson 95. You can hold them up side by side and they are very close-Head just measures their racquets differently.
Also, you didn't specify which Head Prestige 98-the MP or the Pro? Midplus is obviously 18 x 20 which means it will clearly play closer to the 18 x 20 6.1.
Comparing the racquets that have the same string pattern, I find the Head to be a little more plush, with slightly better feel, but all are top racquets.