PDA

View Full Version : defence of the big 4

FEDisanAlien
10-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Tennis is an attacking game and the attacker will most likely be awarded however in todays era defence might be more important
At their peaks who to you think is the better defender from the big

Prisoner of Birth
10-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Tennis is an attacking game and the attacker will most likely be awarded however in todays era defence might be more important
At their peaks who to you think is the better defender from the big

Nadal, obviously.

FEDisanAlien
10-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Nadal is the best defender only in clay due to goat movement on clay. I say in hardcourts djokovic might be better and he always defends with deep replies and in grass i would pick federer

underground
10-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Nadal definitely defends the best on clay, on hardcourts it used to be Djokovic but now I'll give the edge to Murray (he's much quicker and look how he always scrambles for balls, and he always returns the smashes pretty well).

Grass...well you can't really defend on grass.

rofl_copter3
10-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Novak Djokovic has the best defense to offense tennis has ever seen... He makes gets and covers the court better than Nadal and I would say Nadal would have been the best before Djokovic... Nadal is faster but gives up court position to get to the ball and make the shot, where as Djokovic stays up on the line and stretches for the ball. He maintains balance in extremely awkward positions.

Prisoner of Birth
10-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Nadal definitely defends the best on clay, on hardcourts it used to be Djokovic but now I'll give the edge to Murray (he's much quicker and look how he always scrambles for balls, and he always returns the smashes pretty well).

Grass...well you can't really defend on grass.

Nadal is the best defender on Grass. He made some insane gets in 2007 and 2008 against Federer.

dominikk1985
10-22-2012, 04:55 PM
I think novak is the best. nadal has a reputation of a grinder but actually he plays his best when he is offensive. if he plays too passive that is usually when his losses come.

fed and murray are great defenders too.

kaku
10-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Djokovic not only gets to balls, out of all the guys he's the one that can do the most with them on the backhand side, I still give the advantage to Rafa on the forehand side. Djoker doesn't defend as well on grass though, probably because he doesn't have as much time to set up his defensive backhand.

Murray showed some good movement on grass this year, he's got great explosiveness and anticipation.

Rafa IMO is the best at getting to impossible shots (all 4 guys do this do, which is what separates them from the rest) and his massive spin and great recovery makes it hard to get the ball by him.

Roger currently is the worst mover in the top 4, mostly because he's 31 though (still moves better than guys like Tsonga, Berdych IMO). Prime Fed could run down shots and make it look like he was jogging. He has all the qualities of the other guys and does them all very well

Clarky21
10-22-2012, 05:31 PM
******* without a doubt.

underground
10-23-2012, 03:46 AM
Nadal is the best defender on Grass. He made some insane gets in 2007 and 2008 against Federer.

If Nadal is the best defender on grass, then Rosol is GOAT.

Cesc Fabregas
10-23-2012, 04:34 AM
Djokovic is the best defender on the backhand side but he's the worst of the 4 defending on his forehand.

10is
10-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Novak Djokovic has the best defense to offense tennis has ever seen... .

LOL!

:roflmao: