PDA

View Full Version : Marion Bartoli has a future as a commentator

MAXXply
10-23-2012, 07:08 AM
Watching and hearing her on Eurosport at the moment, doing some pre-match discussion with the Eurosport host. She looks great, feeling totally at ease, offering her insights in that polished English of hers. A sexy EuroTennisBabe voice not heard on English language tennis TV since the delicious Virginia Ruzici.

Bartelby
10-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Even the intensity of her awkwardness makes her seriously attractive.

dimeaxe
10-23-2012, 08:57 AM
I heard that her IQ is 175.I'm serious, she has higher IQ than any other female tennis player.

augustobt
10-23-2012, 09:43 AM
I heard that her IQ is 175.I'm serious, she has higher IQ than any other female tennis player.

That IQ was measured when she was a child. She refused to play the Olympics due to rivalry with the French Tennis Federation, thats not a very smart attitude.

tennis_pro
10-23-2012, 09:52 AM
That IQ was measured when she was a child. She refused to play the Olympics due to rivalry with the French Tennis Federation, thats not a very smart attitude.

your IQ doesn't decrease when you grow older

besides, the fact that she refused to play at the Olympics has nothing to do with intelligence, more like with her being stubborn:)

dimeaxe
10-23-2012, 11:24 AM

Being intelligent and smart or wise, is not the same thing my man;)

slowfox
10-23-2012, 11:48 AM
And with those pics in that other thread going... is Talk Tennis starting to like her..? :)

evanjj
10-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Have always enjoyed watching her and her quirks on court. Very cute :)

gavna
10-23-2012, 02:57 PM

Yea so it's probable her IQ could even be higher now......she is extremely intelligent and she talks about wanting to study science and become a research scientist after tennis and get her PhD........

As for her fights with the FFT you need to get the facts straight as the issue is with her coaching situation and the FFT not recognizing her dad as an "offical" coach and keep her from playing Fed Cup. Both sides have merit but in the end the stupid rules the FFT put in place kept their best female player from being in the Olympics. Good for her to stand her ground.....and really who cares about Oympic tennis.

15_ounce
10-24-2012, 06:02 AM
She's James Bond's.

augustobt
10-24-2012, 06:33 AM
Being intelligent and smart or wise, is not the same thing my man;)

hahaha, yes, unfortunately it isn't.

Well... my IQ measured when I was 10 was 167, and my actual shape looks like Bartoli's, so, I may have a shot at tennis =P

dominikk1985
10-24-2012, 06:58 AM
well her father is a doctor so she should have good genes for intelligence.

however being very intelligent (a little above average like 100-120 helps but I'm talking about super intelligence) often negatively correlates with social skill (think sheldon cooper:)) because they are often caught in their own overthinking and have a certain arrogant attitude towards the normal guys who enjoy "stupid things" like hanging with friends, partying or gossip talk.

zebedee
10-24-2012, 07:59 AM
IQ quotient aside, she does come across as one of the more interesting characters in tennis with something to say for herself, rather than the more typical blandness that emerges from most professional players when they open their mouths.

gavna
10-24-2012, 08:03 AM
IQ quotient aside, she does come across as one of the more interesting characters in tennis with something to say for herself, rather than the more typical blandness that emerges from most professional players when they open their mouths.

She is.....you should look up some of her past interviews online at Tennis de France or L'Equipe - awesome interviewer and comes across smart, sweet and funny.

Nostradamus
10-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Of course she does. She is extremely intelligent. but Question is when she retires, will she fit in the commentator booth ?

zebedee
10-24-2012, 10:23 AM
She'll fit in perfectly as long as she lays off the pies. Tennis needs more like her and thanks for the tip. gavna, regarding her French articles. I'll look them up.

cork_screw
10-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Bartoli has a very very high IQ. She is one of the most intelligent women on tour.

Her IQ is higher than Einstein, Edison, and Hawkings.

Zarfot Z
10-25-2012, 03:05 AM
Bartoli has a very very high IQ. She is one of the most intelligent women on tour.

In that case she shouldn't be playing tennis.

augustobt
10-25-2012, 03:09 AM
In that case she shouldn't be playing tennis.

Don't say that, because I often hear things like "you should be an engineer" and related stuff. That is pretty boring. People always wondered why I choose marketing and advertising instead of engineering.

So, I guess that this probably happens with Marion. And if that IQ is true, that should occur a lot.

joe sch
10-25-2012, 05:12 AM
Watching and hearing her on Eurosport at the moment, doing some pre-match discussion with the Eurosport host. She looks great, feeling totally at ease, offering her insights in that polished English of hers. A sexy EuroTennisBabe voice not heard on English language tennis TV since the delicious Virginia Ruzici.

Agree ... would be a great substitute for Mary Carillo ;)

RAFA2005RG
10-25-2012, 07:04 AM

The name is Stephen Hawking. Not "Hawkings" lol.

Einstein once said "Imagination is more important than knowledge" and Stephen Hawking once said that his imagination is his greatest asset because he deduces his theory visually in his head via geometry. The question is, does Bartoli play tennis with imagination? Imagination is the tool of true intellectual greatness.

dimeaxe
10-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Nikola Tesla had the highest IQ, you should check him out on wiki.