PDA

View Full Version : Pacific X Feel Pro 95

ProRadTour
10-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Anyone play with or has played the Pacific X Feel Pro 95?

Similar specs to the Pacific X Feel Pro 90 Vacuum which has very positive reviews, has anyone played the 95 and compared it to the 90?

I can't find a demo of either racket in Australia, trying to work out which one to invest in, unfortunately no TW review of the 95.

McLovin
10-25-2012, 03:18 AM
The X Feel Pro 95 is effectively the Fischer 'Black Granite' M-Comp 95 that was released only in Europe. So you can either look for reviews on that, or look for reviews on the regular M-Comp 95 and think of it as a slightly stiffer version of it.

In my opinion, the M-Comp 95 was a great racquet to hit with: low powered, tons of feel & spin, great around the net with really nice plow through. I hit briefly with the X Feel Pro 95 and really liked it, however, Pacific missed the boat on this one by pricing it @ $209. Its really tough for me to justify spending that kind of $ for a frame I paid $89 for at the end of its life back in '09.

I haven't hit with the X Feel Pro 90, so I can't help you there.

ProRadTour
10-25-2012, 04:43 AM
Thanks McLovin. Will do a search.

Have seen in other posts that you use the XForce Pro, do you prefer the XForce Pro over the MComp 95? Still using the XForce Pro?

I have always played with constant beam racquets (Mostly Head), so I am a little hesitant about the tapered beam.

McLovin
10-25-2012, 05:11 AM
It's a tough call on one vs. the other. I used the M-Comp 95 for a little over 3 years. When Pacific took over, I waited & waited for what is now the X Feel Pro 95 to be released, but got impatient and switched to the Volkl C10 Pro (They staggered the release of the frames).

After a year of that, I decided I needed something slightly lighter to give my shoulder a rest. I demoed a bunch of frames, the X Force Pro being the only non-constant beam frame, and it came down to that and the BB Melbourne. After a coupe more rounds of demoing, I chose the X Force Pro and have been 100% satisfied.

I might have given the X Feel Pro 95 a shot, but at $30 more per frame, and me planning on buying 3 frames, I just couldn't justify the extra $90 for my 'straight beam' preference. The last tapered frame I used was the Prince CTS Blast back in the early 90s.

Now, to answer your question, it did take a little adjustment period. When preparing to return serve, I would routinely look down at the frame's profile and think 'damn, that looks thick'. But shortly thereafter I would rip a return cross court and quickly forget about it.

Pacific has done a good job retaining the Fischer feel (with the X Fast Pro being the exception), so if you are at all familiar with it you will be happy. The only knock on their frames is the lack of power, which in all honesty, is what draws me to them.

ProRadTour
10-25-2012, 05:25 AM
I am facing the same price dilemma now. Tennis warehouse Europe has both the XFeel Pro and XForce Pro on sale. $50 price difference between both frames. $180 for the XFeel and $130 for the XForce.

Any difference in overall solidness and feel between the MComp 95 and the XForce Pro and your playtest with the XFeel 95?

I'd prefer to save $100 as I am looking at buying two frames. I also enjoy low powered frames as I string with Natural Gut Mains (Pacific Classic) so the frame being low powered is a plus.

I also like the zero tolerance policy, based on what I have read so far the build quality is excellent. I haven't played with a Fischer frame, but have played most of the classic Head rackets.

McLovin
10-25-2012, 05:46 AM
Well, first off, I string my X Force Pros w/ Pacific Classic 17 mains, MSV Co Focus 1.23 crosses and love the combination. Nice feel, spin, touch and 'controlled power'. 52/50 is the tension, in case you care.

As far as choosing one over the other, it's tough to generalize, but I would say this:

If you find yourself at the net more than the baseline, or play doubles more than singles, then go with the X Feel Pro 95. It is a better volleying stick IMO.

But if you are more along the lines of a Ferrer or Baghdatis, mostly counter-punching but occasionally venture to the net, then go w/ the X Force Pro. It seems slightly better for spin & deep groundies.

ProRadTour
10-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks again for your help. I play a lore more at the baseline than I do at net. Ended up pulling the trigger on two XForce Pros.