PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Robin Soderling? Possible return?

bigheadzjr
10-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Just wondering what had happened to the former world's number 4??? Heard he had mononucleosis (mono). Any word if he coming back for the 2013 season??

Steve0904
10-25-2012, 03:38 AM
Just wondering what had happened to the former world's number 4??? Heard he had mononucleosis (mono). Any word if he coming back for the 2013 season??

Well his fiancee/wife (not sure which?) just had a baby about a month ago as well so apart from that I haven't heard anything else.

NDFM
10-25-2012, 03:40 AM
According to his agent (on twitter) he has started hitting again although he hasn't set any plans for returning to the tour just yet

zebedee
10-25-2012, 05:53 AM
As mentioned in Drop Shot Dispatch.

http://www.dropshotdispatch.com/category/analysis/

rommil
10-25-2012, 05:56 AM
Nadal is out, Soderling is out. They are somewhere fighting crimes as Buttman and Robin.

librarysteg
10-25-2012, 06:16 AM
I hope he's able to come back. I had no idea mono could be so devastating.

augustobt
10-25-2012, 06:18 AM
I hope he's able to come back. I had no idea mono could be so devastating.

Remember Ancic?

beast of mallorca
10-25-2012, 06:20 AM
Nadal is out, Soderling is out. They are somewhere fighting crimes as Buttman and Robin.

Haha, nice one.
They are out to get Djoker, Girly Pants Fed and Muzza, the 'Cranky' Brit.

librarysteg
10-25-2012, 06:23 AM
Remember Ancic?

Just the earlier part of his career. I pretty much stopped following tennis from about 2004 until earlier this year!

augustobt
10-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Just the earlier part of his career. I pretty much stopped following tennis from about 2004 until earlier this year!

He was diagnosed with Mono arround '07. He dropped from a top 10 to not even make the top 100 in '08. The mono just keep coming back, and all the fatigue is exposed. I wonder if a regular guy couldn't take an exhaustion, imagine pro handling a disease like mono.

So, all this stuff made me think that is better watch out the girls that you kiss at clubs :)

Homeboy Hotel
10-25-2012, 07:28 AM
I don't think his passion is there anymore.

Being out for such a long time, having such a great time off court, hot girlfriend (fiancee?), now having a kid...word is he is starting to hit now but is the passion of wanting to be back in the heat of a Roland Garros final still there?

I hope he does return, devastates anyones game if he's on.

The Bawss
10-25-2012, 07:59 AM

Hahahaha your posts never disappoint!

Gonzo_style
10-25-2012, 08:09 AM

So what? With mono you can play SF or F in Grand Slams!

zagor
10-25-2012, 08:38 AM
At this point I kinda doubt he'll ever get back.

It's a shame, while not personally a fan of his, it's always good to have a big hitter with a fearless attitude in the mix, makes things more interesting.

He actually played some of his best tennis in his last played tourney (Bastad) IMO but after that he had wrist injury, mono etc. IIRC it was mentioned relatively recently he had chronic fatigue syndrome.

So what? With mono you can play SF or F in Grand Slams!

Meh, that's nothing compared to the fact that you can play SF or F in Grand Slams with broken feet and big abdominal tears or reach final in every masters in CC season with blown up knees.

We're really witnessing the era of miracle workers.

Gonzo_style
10-25-2012, 08:51 AM
Meh, that's nothing compared to the fact that you can play SF or F in Grand Slams with broken feet and big abdominal tears or reach final in every masters in CC season with blown up knees.

We're really witnessing the era of miracle workers.

LOL i'm not Nadal fan, i'm neutral about him!

underground
10-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Didn't Fed had mono at some time yet still managed to reach a GS final every single year since 2003?

Sabratha
10-29-2012, 03:26 AM
Didn't Fed had mono at some time yet still managed to reach a GS final every single year since 2003?
A very mild case of mono.