PDA

View Full Version : Babolat New Rackets....

Rulo
10-25-2012, 05:11 AM
Now that Roddick has retired.... Will Babolat still produce the Pure Drive Roddick? I was thinking they'll do, but with another name "Pure Drive Tour".... Another question.... Is Babolat thinking to launch an "Aeropro Drive Nadal"?? Any Babolat rep that could answer my questions?? Thanks....

dje31
10-25-2012, 05:38 AM
Purely speculation, of course, but given how much Nadal has done for the brand, and esp. his PJ, it's surprising that he hasn't been "thrown a bone" by his sponsor...which makes me wonder if they're not doing so in case he one day gets Armstrong'ed.

IA-SteveB
10-25-2012, 05:44 AM
I am sure they will keep producing the same spec racquet with a slightly different name as mentioned. They could always do a Pure Drive Harry Potter which can be marketed to allow players to defy the laws of physics in their game.

2ManyAces
10-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Purely speculation, of course, but given how much Nadal has done for the brand, and esp. his PJ, it's surprising that he hasn't been "thrown a bone" by his sponsor...which makes me wonder if they're not doing so in case he one day gets Armstrong'ed.

What makes you think Rafa would dope?

Roforot
10-25-2012, 10:11 AM

You know it is odd when you think about how he is their most accomplished athlete. They've put out French Open editions... perhaps he is paranoid and doesn't want to jinx himself by using the Nadal frame? Or it seems like taking on too many aires? I think people consider the PS 90 the PS Federer, but technically even he doesn't have his own racquet line.

cork_screw
10-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Why does it matter what the name is going to be? They'll just call it something different. End of story. They call the aero pro anything else, who cares? Really. If Wilson called the BLX Tour 90, "Federer" I don't think that would change anything that would make any difference in how you use the frame to win matches/sets.

Roforot
10-25-2012, 05:14 PM
No it wouldn't make a difference to me or you, but tennis players are very superstitious. I believe Nadal needs all his grips to be black even though he will put an overgrip on top of them. I also have the impression he tries to be humble and would be a little embarrassed to have a Rafa racquet.

Big_Dangerous
10-25-2012, 08:08 PM
No it wouldn't make a difference to me or you, but tennis players are very superstitious. I believe Nadal needs all his grips to be black even though he will put an overgrip on top of them. I also have the impression he tries to be humble and would be a little embarrassed to have a Rafa racquet.

Yet he has no problem with Nike making clothes with his bull logo and slogans like "Vamos Rafa," on them.