PDA

View Full Version : Marcel Granollers

MurrayMyInspiration
10-25-2012, 09:10 AM
I really enjoyed his match today against Simon....He is not the most aesthetically pleasing player.. His forehand is quite western and whippy, He serves like hes in a straight jacket, Beautiful backhand though and great at the net!! He was just approaching like crazy today off his backhand side and hitting crisp volleys.. He serve and volleyed I would say 10 times today...2 in a row at 1 stage...Just putting pressure on Simon and played all the big points coming to the net...I enjoyed his perfromance and what you might assume is Spanish baseliner but hes crafty and is well able to come to net like ferrer. Nice attitude, polite guy. I like him :) Anyone else agree/disagree?

augustobt
10-25-2012, 09:22 AM
I enjoyed the match as well, but I can't like the guy.

His grunting are annoying in a way that make me want to kill him to see if he produce screams louder than hitting 10mph forehands.

tenniswriter
10-25-2012, 09:22 AM
I really enjoyed his match today against Simon....He is not the most aesthetically pleasing player.. His forehand is quite western and whippy, He serves like hes in a straight jacket, Beautiful backhand though and great at the net!! He was just approaching like crazy today off his backhand side and hitting crisp volleys.. He serve and volleyed I would say 10 times today...2 in a row at 1 stage...Just putting pressure on Simon and played all the big points coming to the net...I enjoyed his perfromance and what you might assume is Spanish baseliner but hes crafty and is well able to come to net like ferrer. Nice attitude, polite guy. I like him :) Anyone else agree/disagree?

Awwww you sound like you're in love.
But yeah, good player.

MurrayMyInspiration
10-25-2012, 09:33 AM
I enjoyed the match as well, but I can't like the guy.

His grunting are annoying in a way that make me want to kill him to see if he produce screams louder than hitting 10mph forehands.

Perhaps he has toned it down...It wasnt bad today....

augustobt
10-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Today. Try to see when he is losing...

dhdriver
10-25-2012, 11:06 AM
I remember watching Marcel play Cilic earlier this year. His grunting was so annoying that I was happy Cilic won.

However, his compact backhand does look nice and he definitely has good hands at net, even on clay.

beast of mallorca
10-25-2012, 11:08 AM
I remember watching Marcel play Cilic earlier this year. His grunting was so annoying that I was happy Cilic won.

However, his compact backhand does look nice and he definitely has good hands at net, even on clay.

I am not annoyed by grunts for some reason, as long as I'm entertained by their game/match.

LuckyR
10-25-2012, 03:21 PM
He stands in for Rafa as Marc's doubles partner for tournaments not in IW or the Middle East. He cracked the Top Ten in doubles and the Top Five for doubles teams, should be going to WTF.

Amelie Mauresmo
10-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Marcel is gorgeous he's definitely another member of the hot Spanish guys on the ATP Tour. It seems the most attractive men on the ATP Tour are all from Spain! I love Marcel's grunt it is very sexy!!!

Murray1337
10-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Marcel is gorgeous he's definitely another member of the hot Spanish guys on the ATP Tour. It seems the most attractive men on the ATP Tour are all from Spain! I love Marcel's grunt it is very sexy!!!

O_____________________O

Sabratha
10-29-2012, 04:30 AM
His grunt is pretty annoying, that's for sure.

syc23
10-29-2012, 08:29 AM
He's got game but his grunting against Paul Henri Matthau at RG was ridiculous.

MurrayMyInspiration
10-29-2012, 08:45 AM
He's got game but his grunting against Paul Henri Matthau at RG was ridiculous.

Yes, At RG that was ridiculous but otherwise its a pretty normal grunt!

kaku
10-29-2012, 08:59 AM
He's quiet right now vs Youzhny

augustobt
10-29-2012, 09:18 AM
He was a little quieter in Valencia, last week. Let's see if its a real improvement.

LuckyR
11-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Took out the Bryans at the WTF.

LuckyR
11-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Won the WTF.