PDA

View Full Version : Which player has the best chance?

Gonzo_style
10-25-2012, 01:19 PM
For winning all masters tournament? Djokovic and Federer have 7/9, Federer didn't win Monte Carlo and Rome, Djokovic also Monte Carlo and Cincinnati!

The biggest problem for Djokovic and Federer is Monte Carlo where Nadal is absolute champion ( 8 cons titles). We'll see in what kind of shape will be Nadal next year, it could be a great opportunity for these two. It's funny, Fed playing in 2003 Rome finals and lost vs Felix Mantilla, and another finals in 2006 when he blow CP! Djokovic played 2 finals in MC, and 4 finals in Cincy, and he would probably in future takes title there!

Nadal is at 6/9, but all remaining masters are on HC, maybe he would wins Miami, played great there in the past, but played only one final in Paris! In Cincinnati Nadal never reached final!

So, probably Djokovic had a best chance for completing all masters tournaments, but we'll see it, everything is possible!

kaku
10-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Novak will probably win Cincy eventually, MC is the one he's going to have to work for

Gonzo_style
10-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Novak will probably win Cincy eventually, MC is the one he's going to have to work for

I have not included Murray, it's unlikely for him to win all three tournaments on clay.

Yes, MC it's gonna be hardest!

Clarky21
10-25-2012, 01:32 PM

10*******s

Clarky21
10-25-2012, 01:34 PM
I have not included Murray, it's unlikely for him to win all three tournaments on clay.

Yes, MC it's gonna be hardest!

Nah,not really. He's got no one to stop him from winning it so I expect to win at least 3-4 MC titles before it's all said and done.

Gonzo_style
10-25-2012, 01:34 PM

10*******s

Why I'm not surprised? :)

Steve0904
10-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Easily Djokovic. At this point Federer is very unlikely to win Rome and MC, and Nadal likewise in Cincy, Miami, and Paris. However, I'm quite surprised Djokovic has yet to win Cincy, and he obviously has the best chance to beat Nadal on clay in MC.

Towser83
10-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Djokovic. One day Nadal has to lose at MC, Djokovic just needs to get to the final again and again and one day it should happen given that he is the 2nd best clay player at the moment (fed can beat him but can also lose - edge to Djokovic) Cinci he's made 4 finals. Don't see Fed winning TWO clay masters at his age and with not many years left.

Nadal could win another 3 HC masters but he needs the right 3..

zagor
10-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Novak definitely IMO, by a good margin.

Clarky21
10-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Why I'm not surprised? :)

Because it's the truth. You're lucky your fav has a career ahead of him and isn't shuffling toward the tennis player nursing home like my fav is.

MurrayMyInspiration
10-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Oh my gawdddd!!! Federer will lose this poll!!!!!

Gonzo_style
10-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Because it's the truth. You're lucky your fav has a career ahead of him and isn't shuffling toward the tennis player nursing home like my fav is.

Don't be so negative, Nadal is still very young, only 26 years! I still think Nadal has at least two great seasons for the rest of his career.

Clarky21
10-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Don't be so negative, Nadal is still very young, only 26 years! I still think Nadal has at least two great seasons for the rest of his career.

He's practically fossilized in tennis year so his biological age has nothing to do with it.

And he does not have 2 good years left. If he even comes back he will be fortunate to have one more half-way decent year in him. He will never get back to the top or win anymore slams,though.

Gonzo_style
10-25-2012, 02:59 PM
He's practically fossilized in tennis year so his biological age has nothing to do with it.

And he does not have 2 good years left. If he even comes back he will be fortunate to have one more half-way decent year in him. He will never get back to the top or win anymore slams,though.

Well, after that injury in 2009, Nadal didn't played two months, played 2 finals in 10 tournaments (lost to Davydenko), but we know what happened after that! This time recovery is a lot longer, but we'll see, if you're a fan of Nadal you got to believe in him!

kishnabe
10-25-2012, 03:16 PM
No way Federer will win MC, and Rome. He most likely won't play MC. In Rome....he has 50 percent chance against Novak. His only chance would be an injured or tired Nadal. Better yet....Nadal gets Upset by a lower tier clay courter like Ferrero.

Nadal winning Bercy and Cincnatti......hahahaha. Miami he has the best chance.

Djokovic is the best chance of all of them. Can win Cincy for sure....just got unlucky in 4 finals. MC.....he can since he is the second best clay courter right now and can beat Nadal on clay playing his best. MC....won't be easy but it can be done.

Clarky21
10-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Well, after that injury in 2009, Nadal didn't played two months, played 2 finals in 10 tournaments (lost to Davydenko), but we know what happened after that! This time recovery is a lot longer, but we'll see, if you're a fan of Nadal you got to believe in him!

Well,I don't. And this injury and time away from the tour is entirely different from the last one.

Ms Nadal
10-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Yes Clarky. Rafa has just left his fans like this and still doesn't come out with it. Good thing me and you are wise birds. Some of Rafa's fans think he is coming back! Haha, no chance! Life away from the tour is great, no?

beast of mallorca
10-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Oh my gawdddd!!! Federer will lose this poll!!!!!

Haha, the Fed Brigade is not yet in full Force, so wait and see til they ransack the poll and make a sweep :twisted:

Gonzo_style
10-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Haha, the Fed Brigade is not yet in full Force, so wait and see til they ransack the poll and make a sweep :twisted:

I'm afraid it's inevitable! :)

Gonzo_style
10-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Btw Andre Agassi also won 7/9 Masters but had very poor results in Monte Carlo and Hamburg!

merlinpinpin
10-26-2012, 06:30 AM
No way Federer will win MC, and Rome. He most likely won't play MC. In Rome....he has 50 percent chance against Novak. His only chance would be an injured or tired Nadal. Better yet....Nadal gets Upset by a lower tier clay courter like Ferrero.

Nadal losing to Ferrero would probably be an even bigger upset than him losing to Rosol at Wimbledon, now... ;)

Gonzo_style
10-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Nadal losing to Ferrero would probably be an even bigger upset than him losing to Rosol at Wimbledon, now... ;)

Well, Ferrero isn't going to beat Nadal anymore...

BauerAlmeida
10-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Djokovic will win Cincy for sure. In fact I can't believe he hasn't won it yet. Monte Carlo probably, if Nadal doesn't play one year, or is injured or anything he will be there to take it.

Federer had some chances in MC and Rome, specially the later, but prime Nadal on clay was a beast. He really should have beat Mantilla though. Wasted a gold chance there. I don't think Djokovic will waste a chance like that in MC if Nadal is out.

Nadal or Murray I don't see it. No chance for Murray in the clay masters and slim chances for Nadal in the HC he has left.

merlinpinpin
10-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Well, Ferrero isn't going to beat Nadal anymore...

That's what I was saying... ;)

merlinpinpin
10-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Djokovic will win Cincy for sure. In fact I can't believe he hasn't won it yet. Monte Carlo probably, if Nadal doesn't play one year, or is injured or anything he will be there to take it.

Federer had some chances in MC and Rome, specially the later, but prime Nadal on clay was a beast. He really should have beat Mantilla though. Wasted a gold chance there.

I seem to remember he was ill on that occasion, some kind of stomach pain or cramps, or something similar. But then, these things happen, and it could have been much worse (something similar happened to Sampras in a US Open final against Edberg). Plus, getting all the M1000's is obviously nice, but not that important in the grand scheme of things.

zagor
10-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Yes Clarky. Rafa has just left his fans like this and still doesn't come out with it. Good thing me and you are wise birds. Some of Rafa's fans think he is coming back! Haha, no chance! Life away from the tour is great, no?

If you're a Nadal fan, I'm Santa Claus.

Cranky, while overly pessimistic and superstitious (believes in jinxes and similar nonsense) is a Nadal fan, you on the other hand clearly aren't.

Sabratha
10-27-2012, 11:22 PM
Djokovic and or Murray have the best chance to win these.

FEDisanAlien
10-28-2012, 03:40 AM
Nole has a great chance to win the remaining 2 masters next year
If nadal isnt fit next year he will not be so dominant as he was in mc
He will win cinci for sure then

Gonzo_style
10-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Djokovic and or Murray have the best chance to win these.

It's gonna be very hard for Murray to win 3 CC Masters, first he needs Paris title next week!

joeri888
10-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Roger won't even play MC ever again, probably. Easily Nole this one.

Prisoner of Birth
10-29-2012, 12:50 AM
The answer to this is painfully obvious : Djokovic.