PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation Please. :)

TheKingOfTennis
10-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Currently playing Volkl PowerBridge 10 (295). Excellent racket I have control, and power, but most of all its easy to maneuver. Serving is great not the best but also not the worst I can add ton of spins on the slice serve. Overall I love the racket but the down side is its terrible against heavy hitter, my racket starts to wobble every time I try to return a powerful flat hit or a top spin. I have tried the 325 version as well but it just a tad to heavy. Another thing is I'm more use to the 18x20 kind of hitting it pretty far with a 16x18 maybe a open string pattern is the better choice? I mostly hit flat but sometime use a top spin. What would you recommend?

Currently looking at the Wilson Steam/Juice and the Babolat Aero Pro Lite GT.

LeeD
10-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Rackets are cheap, buy a DunlopAero500T for 99 bucks thru TW.
What you'll find..... instead of fighting fire with fire, sometimes it's more effective to fight fire with water. And when that don't work, you fight fire with a chemical retartdant.
What you don't do is fight your enemy head on, in this case, power with more power.

sunof tennis
10-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Head Radical MP slightly leaded up or the Presiige MP.

LeeD
10-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Oh, plenty of us would recommend our favorite current rackets.
But that is easy way in.
What you need to do is to not allow your opponent's to hit their hardest shots. You can tire them out. You can loop some shots and short angles some, adding variety.
You can hit your first ball hard to their weaker side.
But dumbest thing anyone can do is to try to outhit a hard hitter.
If you can, he's not a hard hitter.

BabolatTennis9
10-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Babolat AeroPro Drive GT is great for powerful penetrating groundstrokes and it gives alot of spin

MikeHitsHard93
10-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Oh, plenty of us would recommend our favorite current rackets.
But that is easy way in.
What you need to do is to not allow your opponent's to hit their hardest shots. You can tire them out. You can loop some shots and short angles some, adding variety.
You can hit your first ball hard to their weaker side.
But dumbest thing anyone can do is to try to outhit a hard hitter.
If you can, he's not a hard hitter.

Those are some words of wisdom right there. Ive decided to buy something because I like it. Not how it will "perform". Performance, I've found, is 95% the user of the equipment. I realized this after hitting the same shots with a Walmart special as my pro open. I'm not saying that those are good rackets, but roger federer could own you with a Walmart clearance racket.

Timbo's hopeless slice
10-25-2012, 03:31 PM
remember , OP is not referring to the shots he can hit when all is well. LeeD offers excellent tactical advice, and Mike has correctly deduced that one can hit a good shot with any old nail given a chance to set it up.

However, when the ball is coming in fast and heavy, and you're not quite there in time, would you rather have a solid, stable frame that can take the pace and block it back, or an 8 oz aluminium Walmart weapon?

That said, if the 325 is a bit heavy, then something in the middle might be the go, how about a Blade 98?

The APD lite won't be any more stable than your PB10, probably less so.

MikeHitsHard93
10-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Haha the blade was on my mind too.

TheKingOfTennis
10-28-2012, 01:31 PM
alright, I will demo the Wilson Steam, Blade, and the Babolat AeroPro Drive GT TEAM.

LeeD
10-28-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm sure I could play tennis with a Stream100.
But... there's probably dozens of better rackets out now.
The owner of that Steam said the same thing, and uses his old Babolat Aero Storm.

USS Tang
10-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Prince EXO3 Red 105. Good all-round racket for both power and control. Easy on the arm too.