PDA

View Full Version : Pure Storm gt or Pure Storm ltd.

Joun S.
10-26-2012, 05:23 AM
I actualy used ps90 and i have arm pain with it.I think its too heavy for me.So i play my old racket for a while which is aeropro drive gt with rpm blast 17.I know it's too powerful and there is too much difference between them but i didn't have more options.For now i'm missing taste of ps90,it had unique feel,control and im searching for new frame.My options are pure storm ltd(im afraid that it will kill my arm like ps90) and pure storm gt.I can't demo those frames in my country so your suggestions will be important for me.Maybe anyone who tested ps90 and ps ltd can tell me which frame is more arm friendly.
i have uploaded 2 videos to show my hitting style so maybe you can suggest any frames easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex0ZlsUfjMc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOlOjIpP2WQ

Orion3
10-26-2012, 06:05 AM
I actualy used ps90 and i have arm pain with it.I think its too heavy for me.So i play my old racket for a while which is aeropro drive gt with rpm blast 17.I know it's too powerful and there is too much difference between them but i didn't have more options.For now i'm missing taste of ps90,it had unique feel,control and im searching for new frame.My options are pure storm ltd(im afraid that it will kill my arm like ps90) and pure storm gt.I can't demo those frames in my country so your suggestions will be important for me.Maybe anyone who tested ps90 and ps ltd can tell me which frame is more arm friendly.
i have uploaded 2 videos to show my hitting style so maybe you can suggest any frames easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex0ZlsUfjMc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOlOjIpP2WQ

Had a quick look at your first video. You seem to be able to generate your own pace, which is the the key for the Pure Storm Ltd.

The Ltd GT is very comfortable and easy on your arm - a real 'old fashioned' control frame. I loved it.

I never bothered to hit the standard Pure Storm as I already knew it would have too much power for me.

Good luck

MikeHitsHard93
10-26-2012, 06:16 AM
I think you would be fine with the 90 if you used more body with your swing and not just arm. Especially on the backhand side. It's a very comfy racket if you incorporate your whole body into the swing. However, it looks like your partner is hitting puff balls at you. Hard to improve when you're hitting against that speed of shot IMO

bugeyed
10-26-2012, 06:36 AM
I agree that the awkward backhand may be a source for your arm pain. It may just be that every ball was hit shoulder high. That often causes an awkward swing & arm pain. As far as the racquets, the Pure Storm is arm friendly & the Ltd even softer. I went with the Pure Storm GT 'cause it was light enough for me to build the grip & add lead tape for the right balance without the overall weight ending up too heavy.

sunof tennis
10-26-2012, 03:10 PM
I think you would be fine with the 90 if you used more body with your swing and not just arm. Especially on the backhand side. It's a very comfy racket if you incorporate your whole body into the swing. However, it looks like your partner is hitting puff balls at you. Hard to improve when you're hitting against that speed of shot IMO

Yes. Technique is often cause of tennis elbow. Respectfully, your backhand needs to be torn down and rebuit from scratch. Out of curiousity, are you fairly ambidextrous? If so, you may want to consider trying a two-handed backhand. Many people find they are easier to hit. As to your forehand, it is not bad, but you need more unit turn with shoulder/hip and loading on your right leg. Rather than loading and pushing off with the leg, you swing your arm and jump at the ball.
Having said all that, I would get the lighter of the two or maybe a Head Radical.

airdupont
10-26-2012, 03:18 PM
these sticks are way out of your league. Save the money and get yourself a good technical coach...no kidding!

heninfan99
10-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Well the Pure Storm LTD. is very much like a classic Wilson spec-wise. Are Yonex and Volkl racquets available to demo in your country? These are obvious suggestions but you should consider them if arm pain keeps you up at night.
I know a guy that strings his 90 in the 40 pound range. You can maybe try experimenting with gut too. His felt like butter --so easy to hit with.