PDA

View Full Version : IG Prestige Pro vs. IG Speed 16x19

Darkhors
10-26-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has played these two racquets and could tell me how they compare. I'm currently using the YTPP and thinking of switching to the IGPP, but the specs of the speed are more in line with what I prefer. My current sticks are weighted to 11.6oz and 11.8oz and I'd really rather not go up to 12.2 if possible.

I love the stability of the PP and the way it hits the ball, but I'd like to keep the weight down around 11.6 or 11.7. For those that have played both, is the Speed as stable as the PP in terms of groundies, serves and volleys? And, does it have similar control?

Thanks,

DH

SJSA
10-26-2012, 12:17 PM
You might consider IG Radical Pro with leather grip.

Blitzball
10-27-2012, 09:18 AM
I think the PP is a superior racquet in all regards except maneuverability and spin. It has more mass, and more plow through, while providing ample feel, solid control, and crisp volleys. The only issue is that it is quite heavy weighing approximately 12oz, or within a margin of error from that.

UCSF2012
10-27-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has played these two racquets and could tell me how they compare. I'm currently using the YTPP and thinking of switching to the IGPP, but the specs of the speed are more in line with what I prefer. My current sticks are weighted to 11.6oz and 11.8oz and I'd really rather not go up to 12.2 if possible.

I love the stability of the PP and the way it hits the ball, but I'd like to keep the weight down around 11.6 or 11.7. For those that have played both, is the Speed as stable as the PP in terms of groundies, serves and volleys? And, does it have similar control?

Thanks,

DH

The Speed is a better series. Wider frame = fewer shanks. No cap grommet = more focused sweetspot and crisper feel.

The Speeds essentially uses the Prince head shape, which affords for lower vibration and larger margin of error.

I'm okay with the Prestiges, but I love the Speeds