PDA

View Full Version : Novaks brutal Paris draw

Achilles82
10-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Raonic, Del Potro, Tsonga, Federer or Murray.

Wow... Now that's a tough draw!

tennis_pro
10-26-2012, 11:36 AM
His only threat - Murray - is in Federer's half.

Just get out of here, he won't lose a set before the final.

Towser83
10-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Waiting for clarky to say its a cake draw and he won't lose a single set lol.

Its tough but ay least he avoided Murray in his half. fed has to play Murray in a semi again..

Would prefer fed or delpo to win this.

batz
10-26-2012, 11:38 AM

Its tough but ay least he avoided Murray in his half. fed has to play Murray in a semi again..

She's already posted elsewhere that it's a 'twinkie' - which I thought was quite amusing.

Clarky21
10-26-2012, 11:43 AM

Oh,please. ******* got the best Twinkie draw straight from the Hostess factory he could have asked for. Just who there is going to trouble him in the slightest? Your explanation of this should be quite amusing. :lol:

PrinceMoron
10-26-2012, 11:58 AM

How many of those will actually make it onto the court? Three?

Shaolin
10-26-2012, 12:17 PM

That is a nasty draw.

Ms Nadal
10-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Djokovic will be just fine. It won't bother me if he goes out early! :twisted:

BrooklynNY
10-26-2012, 12:29 PM
He will still make it through, it's just not going to be as easy as an effort.

merlinpinpin
10-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Could have been much worse, he didn't draw Murray. Plus, neither Murray's draw nor Federer's look like a walk in the park.

chrischris
10-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Djokovic will be just fine. It won't bother me if he goes out early! :twisted:

Me neither to be honest. i like Nole but i prefer Roger.

Ms Nadal
10-26-2012, 12:52 PM
I am just not that bothered with Djokovic. i don't care what happens to him! :twisted:.

PeteD
10-26-2012, 12:52 PM
I smell a breakthru for Milos

http://www.webtennis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/milos-raonic-tr.net_.jpg

Ms Nadal
10-26-2012, 12:56 PM
We will see how Raonic fairs. He needs to make an impression now. I see that he has been Federised with that hair cut and bandana! Please! Have a style of your own, mate!

PeteD
10-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Wht should he do, a Hewitt hat?

Ms Nadal
10-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Raonic should have kept the plain hair with no head accessory as he had previously. I don't see why he has to wear a bandana.

PeteD
10-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Montreal 2009:

http://www.isabellechrun.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/isasuperstar/milos-raonic.jpg

Romismak
10-26-2012, 01:29 PM
only threat is Roger-Andy in F, Delpo will be tired after Vienna-BAsel run + he won´t beat Nole on HC if he is not at his best and well he won´t. Tsonga is lately Novak´s pigeon, he won´t beat him, Milos... no way. If Nole wants to win Paris he will make F for sure, but we will see who from top guys will tank this and so on.

PeteD
10-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Milos has made tremendous hair progress. For example, he is not doing this to himself any more:

http://www.nuvomagazine.com/ArticleImages/Issue27/Article1210/milos_raonic_ArticleIMG.jpg

Ms Nadal
10-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Raonic has had a lot of styles. I think he will stay with the Federer style now. We shall see.

Towser83
10-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Oh,please. ******* got the best Twinkie draw straight from the Hostess factory he could have asked for. Just who there is going to trouble him in the slightest? Your explanation of this should be quite amusing. :lol:

Yeah but you'd say that whoever he had to play right? What WOULD be a tough draw?

and what's your definition of "trouble him in the slightest"? Tsonga having match points in RG, Murray having 5 match points in Shanghai, Fed beating him 6-0 7-6, all were cases of no one troubling him in the slightest :lol:

Clarky21
10-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah but you'd say that whoever he had to play right? What WOULD be a tough draw?

and what's your definition of "trouble him in the slightest"? Tsonga having match points in RG, Murray having 5 match points in Shanghai, Fed beating him 6-0 7-6, all were cases of no one troubling him in the slightest :lol:

You'll see when he skates through his draw like Brian Boitano. :lol: He's already won the title as far as I'm concerned.

Towser83
10-26-2012, 02:40 PM
You'll see when he skates through his draw like Brian Boitano. :lol: He's already won the title as far as I'm concerned.

Well you thought that about IW, MC, Rome, Madrid, Wimbledon, The Olympics, Cinci, US Open..

and you didn't answer either of my questions. Stumped you there my dear clarky? :lol:

What WOULD be a tough draw for Djokovic, and what would constitute troubling him in the slightest?

TheFifthSet
10-26-2012, 02:59 PM

If that's a cakewalk draw, what would a tough draw look like? Actually.

librarysteg
10-26-2012, 03:09 PM

I hope you're right! Since I missed his amazing year last year, I think I deserve to see him win more.

Clarky21
10-26-2012, 03:10 PM
I hope you're right! Since I missed his amazing year last year, I think I deserve to see him win more.

I don't. Lol.

Tony48
10-26-2012, 03:14 PM
When is Clarky going to be banned? This is *********/***-level trolling at this point.

TheFifthSet
10-26-2012, 03:21 PM
If that's a cakewalk draw, what would a tough draw look like? Actually.

I'll quote this again lol. Wondering what a tough draw is if this isn't it. Raonic, Tsonga, Delpo, Fed or Murray. What's tougher than that?

Gonzo_style
10-26-2012, 03:37 PM

Match with Raonic sooner or later had to happen, Milos has already played several times against Murray, Federer and Nadal!

Btw Tsonga and JMDP look tired, may one of them pull from Paris!

Gonzo_style
10-26-2012, 03:42 PM
I'll quote this again lol. Wondering what a tough draw is if this isn't it. Raonic, Tsonga, Delpo, Fed or Murray. What's tougher than that?

Clarky21 thinks that any draw is not difficult for Djokovic! :)

He might played his first match against Querrey, thats not gonna be easy for Novak!

Clarky21
10-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Clarky21 thinks that any draw is not difficult for Djokovic! :)

He might played his first match against Querrey, thats not gonna be easy for Novak!

:lol:

10Querreyisawalkoverfor*******s

Towser83
10-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Well you thought that about IW, MC, Rome, Madrid, Wimbledon, The Olympics, Cinci, US Open..

and you didn't answer either of my questions. Stumped you there my dear clarky? :lol:

What WOULD be a tough draw for Djokovic, and what would constitute troubling him in the slightest?

Clarky still dodging the question.. :lol:

TheFifthSet
10-26-2012, 03:48 PM
:lol:

10Querreyisawalkoverfor*******s

Querrey is a top 20 player and has won 7 tournaments, one of them beating Murray in the final. He took a set over Djokovic on clay. Raonic is a top 15-20 player who just beat Murray. Tsonga has beat Djokovic on many occasions, and came close to beating him other times. Delpo is a top 10 player. Federer or Murray, well no point talking about their credentials.

How in the world is that an easy draw? Stop being so abrasive lol. And ******* isn't his name, nor is it clever. You just keep saying it, over and over again, like some kind of headless chicken (it's an expression, I'm not insulting you).

merwy
10-26-2012, 03:58 PM
oh come ON! Are you kidding me?? Federer's draw is more difficult.

Federer could face Simon in his first match, you know he doesn't like playing him. After that is Nishikori. Okay, I know Federer usually doesn't have any trouble with him but Nishikori is getting better and better and has beaten some top players.
After that BERDYCH! Do I even need to add something to that? Oh and then there is Murray, who is playing the best tennis of his life and just beat Federer at Shanghai and if he manages to go through all of that (which he probably won't) he can play Djokovic in the final.

So stop whining, Djokovic barely has a threat in his side of the draw, maybe Del Potro but I can't imagine him beating Djokovic at the moment.

TheFifthSet
10-26-2012, 04:01 PM

Federer could face Simon in his first match, you know he doesn't like playing him. After that is Nishikori. Okay, I know Federer usually doesn't have any trouble with him but Nishikori is getting better and better and has beaten some top players.
After that BERDYCH! Do I even need to add something to that? Oh and then there is Murray, who is playing the best tennis of his life and just beat Federer at Shanghai and if he manages to go through all of that (which he probably won't) he can play Djokovic in the final.

So stop whining, Djokovic barely has a threat in his side of the draw, maybe Del Potro but I can't imagine him beating Djokovic at the moment.

Both have tough draws, and neither have cakewalks.

And Tsonga indoors is a big threat to Djokovic.

Clarky21
10-26-2012, 04:12 PM

Word.

10words

Cup8489
10-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Tsonga could spoil the party. Here's hoping he does.

TheFifthSet
10-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Word.

10words

Not really. They both have tough draws.

Querrey is a top 20 player and has won 7 tournaments, one of them beating Murray in the final. He took a set over Djokovic on clay. Raonic is a top 15-20 player who just beat Murray. Tsonga has beat Djokovic on many occasions, and came close to beating him other times. Delpo is a top 10 player. Federer or Murray, well no point talking about their credentials.

Towser83
10-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Word.

10words

So what would be a tough draw for Djokovic and what constitutes someone troubling hi in the slightest?

Gonzo_style
10-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Tsonga could spoil the party. Here's hoping he does.

Tsonga has a very bad schedule, playing six weeks in a row, that's crazy!

RAFA2005RG
10-26-2012, 04:23 PM

I remember that match. Raonic was broken in both sets, and could never break the Nadal serve. Same as his other match vs Nadal. Both were on hardcourt, and both were easy wins for Nadal.

albatros_forehand
10-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Exactly. Fed,s draw seems much more difficult and I don't expect him to get to the finals after tiring Basel tournament (3 tough sets to beat Belu on HC-wtf?). Expect Nishikori to dispatch him.

Gonzo_style
10-26-2012, 04:34 PM
I remember that match. Raonic was broken in both sets, and could never break the Nadal serve. Same as his other match vs Nadal. Both were on hardcourt, and both were easy wins for Nadal.

We'll see next time when they plays, Raonic has improved!

Tony48
10-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Brutal for Novak? Nah. It's tough, no doubt....but not "brutal". He's still the favorite against all of his opponents.

Fed has a tougher draw. I would be shocked if Fed managed to beat Berdych and Murray back-to-back.

Rhino
10-26-2012, 04:44 PM
It would be a nice twist in the race if Milos could pull off the upset here. Still, it's doubtful.

Clarky21
10-26-2012, 04:48 PM
It would be a nice twist in the race if Milos could pull off the upset here. Still, it's doubtful.

If he could do it he would gain a new fan in me.

Gonzo_style
10-26-2012, 04:50 PM
If he could do it he would gain a new fan in me.

Why, I wonder...:)

Clarky21
10-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Why, I wonder...:)

I've made it perfectly clear on here why,so I am sure everyone knows. Lol. But don't worry because Milos isn't good enough to beat *******,and won't even take a set.

Gonzo_style
10-26-2012, 05:01 PM
I've made it perfectly clear on here why,so I am sure everyone knows. Lol. But don't worry because Milos isn't good enough to beat *******,and won't even take a set.

They never played before, we'll see!

veroniquem
10-26-2012, 05:02 PM
I knew Novak would get all the tough guys indoor + the home crowd-pet (Tsonga) who's gonna be pumped as hell for this one, hey this is France after all :twisted: Still, it could have been worse, he could have got all of those guys + Murray. To me the most dangerous players in this event are Murray (obviously + bad matchup for Djoko), Tsonga (2nd best indoor player after Fed last year + homecrowd advantage), Berd + Delpo and Raonic (obviously because of their serve). That's 5, so Djoko gets 3 out of the 5. They must have tried but couldn't find a way to give him all 5 :lol:
ETA: out of the 5 I would have liked Berd most for Novak. Great matchup for him. Mentally flaky. Oh well. Delpo is a pretty good matchup for Novak as well. Although I'm not sure indoor, I don't remember watching them play each other indoor before. If Murray gets upset prematurely though, Fed will have a free pass to the final. What else is new?

Gonzo_style
10-26-2012, 05:10 PM
They must have tried but couldn't find a way to give him all 5 :lol:

Even if they find it, *******s wouldn't be satisfied! :)

Towser83
10-26-2012, 05:24 PM
I knew Novak would get all the tough guys indoor + the home crowd-pet (Tsonga) who's gonna be pumped as hell for this one, hey this is France after all :twisted: Still, it could have been worse, he could have got all of those guys + Murray. To me the most dangerous players in this event are Murray (obviously + bad matchup for Djoko), Tsonga (2nd best indoor player after Fed last year + homecrowd advantage), Berd + Delpo and Raonic (obviously because of their serve). That's 5, so Djoko gets 3 out of the 5. They must have tried but couldn't find a way to give him all 5 :lol:
ETA: out of the 5 I would have liked Berd most for Novak. Great matchup for him. Mentally flaky. Oh well. Delpo is a pretty good matchup for Novak as well. Although I'm not sure indoor, I don't remember watching them play each other indoor before. If Murray gets upset prematurely though, Fed will have a free pass to the final. What else is new?

From one extreme to another lol. Forgot about Berdych? Berdych can be very dangerous to Federer. Berd and Murray equals Tsonga, and Delpo. Raonic shouldn't cause Djokovic that much problems and we don't even know if paris is slowor fast this year. Both Fed and Djokovic have equally tricky draws, and this has been the first tough draw Djokovic has had in a while.

Also you say he gets 3 out of 5.You know 5 can't be split equally right? So a 2 and 3 split is the best you're going to get, so you're complaining that he didn't get less amount of dangerous players as well as not having Murray in his draw? You want it all don't you :lol:

Towser83
10-26-2012, 05:28 PM

Yeah but what you haven't made clear is

1. What would be a tough draw for Djokovic?

2. What constitutes someone troubling him in the slightest?

I have copy and paste, I can keep doing this :lol:

Gonzo_style
10-26-2012, 05:28 PM
and this has been the first tough draw Djokovic has had in a while.

You fell under the influence of Clarky21 :)

Clarky21
10-26-2012, 05:30 PM
From one extreme to another lol. Forgot about Berdych? Berdych can be very dangerous to Federer. Berd and Murray equals Tsonga, and Delpo. Raonic shouldn't cause Djokovic that much problems and we don't even know if paris is slowor fast this year. Both Fed and Djokovic have equally tricky draws, and this has been the first tough draw Djokovic has had in a while.Also you say he gets 3 out of 5.You know 5 can't be split equally right? So a 2 and 3 split is the best you're going to get, so you're complaining that he didn't get less amount of dangerous players as well as not having Murray in his draw? You want it all don't you :lol:

It's not a tough draw at all,but at least you finally admit that ******* gets nothing but Twinkie draws constantly.

TheFifthSet
10-26-2012, 05:32 PM
It's not a tough draw at all,but at least you finally admit that ******* gets nothing but Twinkie draws constantly.

What is wrong with you? How is it not a tough draw? Name a tough draw if it isn't it. Just name one.

3fees
10-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Oh the draws, they can be products of boiler room antics or not.

Towser83
10-26-2012, 05:42 PM
You fell under the influence of Clarky21 :)

No, he has had a few good draws recently. But he's had bad ones before, it goes in spells.

No, he doesn't get twinkie draws contanstly, players get some tough ones and some easy ones and sometimes it goes in patches. The thing is I'm unbiased enough to see that sometimes it is easy and sometimes it isn't, you just see the same thing again and again because you are totally biased.

Speaking of which, if you have the guts to answer...

Clarky21
10-26-2012, 05:57 PM
No, he has had a few good draws recently. But he's had bad ones before, it goes in spells.

No, he doesn't get twinkie draws contanstly, players get some tough ones and some easy ones and sometimes it goes in patches. The thing is I'm unbiased enough to see that sometimes it is easy and sometimes it isn't, you just see the same thing again and again because you are totally biased.

Speaking of which, if you have the guts to answer...

Yes he does. When was the last time he had a tough draw? He rarely ever draws Murray,and always gets his pigeons Tipsy and Troicki in his draw. He also always gets the inconsistent headcases like Tsonga in his draws as well. And while Raonic doesn't stand a chance against him,he has still never even played him one time while the other top 3 have played him more than once each. He always skates. Always.

You unbiased? :lol:

Towser83
10-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Yes he does. When was the last time he had a tough draw? He rarely ever draws Murray,and always gets his pigeons Tipsy and Troicki in his draw. He also always gets the inconsistent headcases like Tsonga in his draws as well. And while Raonic doesn't stand a chance against him,he has still never even played him one time while the other top 3 have played him more than once each. He always skates. Always.

You unbiased? :lol:

In what way am I biased? I just said he's had some easy draws of late.

And you skate around the issue of what is a tough draw. What is it?

Ok Murray is a tough one is he? Well Djokovic drew him in his half in
AO, Dubai, IW, MC, Olympics, Cinci. In Canada they were the 2 top seeds so couldn't be in the same half. Meaning out of 13 tournaments they were both in and COULD be drawn in the same half, they have been in the same half 6 times, and been in the opposite half 7. Almost dead even.

You fail again. :lol:

also Raonic? :lol: This is one of those new guys who's pathetic and will give no challenge in the coming years, allowing Djokovic to win 30 slams right? He's now suddenly a tough draw... even though "he doesn't stand a chance" WTF? why are you complaining he never gets him though? Total lack of logic there.

Tipsarevic has worse record vs Nadal and Federer btw.And since you never say what a tough draw is, how can i give an example of one? Tsonga, Murray, Nadal at Rome/RG 2011 or Berdych/Murray/Federer AO 2011, or Ferrer/Murray /Nadal AO 2012 are tough.. but apperntly these guys are only tough when Nadal beats them :lol:

You still havent answered my questions really, you won't say what is a tough draw because you basically say there are none. Which renders your per tournament draw moan, redundant.

jokinla
10-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Murray is in the other half, he got the easy draw.

Sid_Vicious
10-26-2012, 07:58 PM

Raonic looks like Donkey Kong.

SQA333
10-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Milos will find a way to lose in the 2nd round.

You heard it here first.

cc0509
10-26-2012, 08:57 PM

She is right in this case, Djokovic has a cake draw and will make it to the final. Who is going to stop him?
I think Murray will beat Federer sadly and it will be a Murray/Djokovic final.

Del Potro has no chance to win this tournament imo.

NadalAgassi
10-26-2012, 09:21 PM

LOL dont make me laugh. Del Potro is Djokovic's lapdog except on grass. Tsonga hasnt beaten Djokovic in years now. Raonic is the only real danger before the final, but against the games best return of server I have no idea what Raonic can do to hurt Djokovic much. With Nadal out the draw basically only boils down to where Federer and Murray both are and both are in the other half = easy draw. Mens tennis is only about 4 players and has been for years now, and now even the somewhat dangerous players are either retired (Roddick), semi retired (Soderling), or on decline (Tsonga).

smoledman
10-26-2012, 10:47 PM
If Fed can defend Basel/Paris and Raonic takes out Nole then Fed has a real shot to get the YE#1 in London.

merlinpinpin
10-26-2012, 11:09 PM

Well, Federer has got Nishikori, Berdych, Murray, and Djokovic, which is arguably tougher, especially the last three rounds. And Murray's got Cilic, Tiparevic, Federer, and Djokovic, which isn't that cakewalky either... ;)

PrinceMoron
10-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Milos has made tremendous hair progress. For example, he is not doing this to himself any more:

http://www.nuvomagazine.com/ArticleImages/Issue27/Article1210/milos_raonic_ArticleIMG.jpg

Hair apparent.

Sabratha
10-27-2012, 12:51 AM

M-U-R-R-Y.

sbengte
10-27-2012, 02:16 AM

Waiting for Clarky to say Nadal won't get past the first round....oh wait, for a change he won't :)

What is with Fed drawing Murray all the time now ? Is Murray the new Djokovic who will haunt Fed in the semis now that he is a proven slam winner and can beat Fed in a BO5 ?

sbengte
10-27-2012, 02:19 AM
What is wrong with you? How is it not a tough draw? Name a tough draw if it isn't it. Just name one.

Clarky's definition of tough draw is any draw that Nadal gets. Since Nadal isn't playing there is no tough draw in this tournament :)

Gonzo_style
10-27-2012, 04:48 AM
Murray has by far the easiest draw of big 3, his only problem is Berdych in SF!

Steve0904
10-27-2012, 05:33 AM
What is with Fed drawing Murray all the time now ? Is Murray the new Djokovic who will haunt Fed in the semis now that he is a proven slam winner and can beat Fed in a BO5 ?

It's the totally "random" 1 vs 3 pairing. It happened at a large majority of tournaments when Djokovic was #1 and Fed was #3 as well.

RF20Lennon
10-27-2012, 09:03 AM
WTH Murray in Feds half again??? RIGGED!! LOL

Marius_Hancu
10-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Fed has it much tougher: Baghdatis, Nishikori, Berdych, Murray, Djokovic
Tsonga's nothing at home and lately. These are all sharp.

Ms Nadal
10-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Who knows how Paris will turn out? The draw is just written on paper, the matches can work out very different in reality. FedEx hasn't been at his best in Basel, no where as good as he was this time last year. Murray and Djok will be a bit rusty so they may not get as far as people think.There will be an upset or two I think.

ctoth666
10-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Tough draw? That's laughable. He's going to breeze. The Paris courts are going to play slow again, and Djokovic is going be playing on Sunday. There's a 95% chance or better. He's going to stand at the back of the court and rip groundstrokes and no one's going to put him under any pressure.

Ms Nadal
10-27-2012, 12:16 PM
I think Paris is going to be fast! Especially by the end of the week. We will see.

Tony48
10-27-2012, 12:17 PM
She is right in this case, Djokovic has a cake draw and will make it to the final. Who is going to stop him?
I think Murray will beat Federer sadly and it will be a Murray/Djokovic final.

Del Potro has no chance to win this tournament imo.

How is his draw "cake"? Are his opponents injured? Have they never went deep in a slam/Masters event? Please explain.

Ms Nadal
10-27-2012, 12:20 PM
How is his draw "cake"? Are his opponents injured? Have they never went deep in a slam/Masters event? Please explain.

Yep, draw is just on paper. It could be tough for Djok etc if they don't play well. The matches have to be played out. You know how these players rise to the occassion when they play a star. Remember how Benneteau beat Roger there a few years back?.

Feña14
10-27-2012, 05:38 PM
I remember in 2003, Henman won it after beating Davydenko, Grosjean, Kuerten, Federer and Roddick, just to reach the final!

Djokovic should be fine.

BauerAlmeida
10-27-2012, 05:53 PM
I remember in 2003, Henman won it after beating Davydenko, Grosjean, Kuerten, Federer and Roddick, just to reach the final!

Djokovic should be fine.

And Nalbandian in 2007 defeated Almagro, Moya, Gasquet, Ferrer, Federer and Nadal. He only lost one set that tournament (7-6 against Ferrer).

RAFA2005RG
10-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Brutal for Novak? Nah. It's tough, no doubt....but not "brutal". He's still the favorite against all of his opponents.

Fed has a tougher draw. I would be shocked if Fed managed to beat Berdych and Murray back-to-back.

I agree. No more masters shields for Federer.

Zarfot Z
10-28-2012, 01:24 AM
lololol

Nole got his just desserts for his cake draw in Rogers Cup

Gonzo_style
10-28-2012, 04:20 AM
lololol

Nole got his just desserts for his cake draw in Rogers Cup

Djokovic beat Tipsarevic and Gasquet in Rogers Cup...

Steve0904
10-28-2012, 06:56 AM

Oh no not Tipsarevic and Gasquet #sarcasm. :)

Clarky21
10-28-2012, 07:00 AM

Please tell me you're joking. Trying to justify any draw by bringing up these two guys reeks of desperation,and is only good for the uncontrollable :lol:.

BauerAlmeida
10-28-2012, 07:12 AM
Please tell me you're joking. Trying to justify any draw by bringing up these two guys reeks of desperation,and is only good for the uncontrollable :lol:.

It's not his fault if Murray and Del Potro lost in the first round or that Federer decided not to play.

He also beat Haas that was playing great (not sure if it was Cinci though).

Clarky21
10-28-2012, 07:13 AM
It's not his fault if Murray and Del Potro lost in the first round or that Federer decided not to play.

This excuse would never fly for Nadal around here. Never.

Hawkeye7
10-28-2012, 08:36 AM

Murray withdrew before his 3rd round match citing a knee injury. He didn't lose.

kragster
10-28-2012, 09:12 AM
This eould never fly for Nadal around here. Never.

What is wrong with you? Why does your world revolve around nadal? You have only 2 opinions:

1) nadal is done/finished
2) everyone is unfair to nadal

Do you not tire of saying the same thing over and over and over ?at least when *** makes everything abou nadal its somewhat humorous because its so over the top. Your posts are just downright depressing.

Gonzo_style
10-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Oh no not Tipsarevic and Gasquet #sarcasm. :)

Why not? Tipsy and Gasquet are good players and both are in top 10! :???:

Clarky21
10-28-2012, 09:25 AM
What is wrong with you? Why does your world revolve around nadal? You have only 2 opinions:

1) nadal is done/finished
2) everyone is unfair to nadal

Do you not tire of saying the same thing over and over and over ?at least when *** makes everything abou nadal its somewhat humorous because its so over the top. Your posts are just downright depressing.

There's nothing wrong with me. What's wrong with you? I was just stating the truth. Look at the crap Nadal gets for winning MC because it's not a mandatory masters anymore. No way he would win a masters title with the pathetic draw ******* got this year in Toronto without there being a hundred different bashing threads started about it.

Clarky21
10-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Why not? Tipsy and Gasquet are good players and both are in top 10! :???:

Because both of them are headcases,and neither one of them belong anywhere near the top 10. Especially Tipsy.

Gonzo_style
10-28-2012, 09:26 AM

No you're right, he played vs Haas in Canada QF, btw that match was in three sets...

Gonzo_style
10-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Because both of them are headcases,and neither one of them belong anywhere near the top 10. Especially Tipsy.

Tipsy beat Djokovic two times when he was #1...:confused:

Clarky21
10-28-2012, 09:30 AM

Only when ******* was kaput at the end of the year. He would never be able to beat him otherwise.

Hitman
10-28-2012, 09:31 AM
I would like to see Novak win this event. :)

Roger can have the WTF. :)

beast of mallorca
10-28-2012, 09:32 AM

What are friends for, right ?

Gonzo_style
10-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Only when ******* was kaput at the end of the year. He would never be able to beat him otherwise.

Djokovic might tanked a little bit in Madrid, but Tipsy's win in London is well deserved!

RF20Lennon
10-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Ill Be surprised if Nole loses a set maybe to Delpo

veroniquem
10-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Delpo in great shape. It will be tough for Djoko on such a fast surface.

Hitman
10-28-2012, 10:18 AM

Djokovic should be fine.

This is one tournament that I remember very vividly. Henman had a bit of bad year injury wise in 03, and was very well rested coming into the indoor swing. He played some sensational tennis that week, and with the exception of losing the first set to Grosjean, won all his matches without dropping a set.

That win lead to his greatest ever season the following year, with semi final appearances in RG and USO, plus finals in IW, and qualfying for the WTF. His best year, and I was happy to see him being a factor on something other than grass for once.

Feña14
10-28-2012, 10:23 AM
This is one tournament that I remember very vividly. Henman had a bit of bad year injury wise in 03, and was very well rested coming into the indoor swing. He played some sensational tennis that week, and with the exception of losing the first set to Grosjean, won all his matches without dropping a set.

That win lead to his greatest ever season the following year, with semi final appearances in RG and USO, plus finals in IW, and qualfying for the WTF. His best year, and I was happy to see him being a factor on something other than grass for once.

Me too, it's still my favourite week of tennis. As a British fan, seeing him beating such great players, without even dropping sets as you mentioned, it was fantastic.

Having said that, Murray winning in New York is up there too :)

Clarky21
10-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Delpo in great shape. It will be tough for Djoko on such a fast surface.

Fast? Not hardly. Paris has been slowed down considerably. It's not the same as it used to be.

Hitman
10-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Me too, it's still my favourite week of tennis. As a British fan, seeing him beating such great players, without even dropping sets as you mentioned, it was fantastic.

Having said that, Murray winning in New York is up there too :)

Yes, Murray winning New York is certainly up there. I was cheering like crazy for him to win, and was on the edge of my seat the whole time! Even though I like Novak too, Andy really needed it more.

I guess Andy winning for me was inevitable. Sooner or later he was going to get that slam, and I never felt more sure of this until after the conclusion of the grass season. His dogged performance at both Wimbledon and bouncing back at Olympics showed me how brightly that fire burns within him. I knew it was a matter of time.

Henman though was just so unexpected, it was just such a wonderful surprise. All the attention was on a three way battle between Roger, Andy and Juan for number one, having split the last three slams. Then out of nowhere, Henman comes in, balsts them all away and takes the title in such sensational fashion, that the other players were baffled at what had just happened! LOL!

Towser83
10-28-2012, 11:13 AM
There's nothing wrong with me. What's wrong with you? I was just stating the truth. Look at the crap Nadal gets for winning MC because it's not a mandatory masters anymore. No way he would win a masters title with the pathetic draw ******* got this year in Toronto without there being a hundred different bashing threads started about it.

Yeah it's true, he would get crap for it

But then you can't really have a go at people for saying that crap if you're going to do the same. I can understand if it was directly aimed at a person doing it, like oneperson says "oh nadal had such an easy draw" and you say "oh what about *******?" but you just go on about it all the time, so you can't really talk about people criticising Nadal for the same thing.

Plus whenever Nadal wins, you're oneof the ones calling him lucky anyway :lol:

rofl_copter3
10-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Paris 2010 was fast Paris 2011 was not so much has anything been said about the speed this year?

zam88
10-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Feds pulled out.

I wonder if he ever plays this masters event again

veroniquem
10-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Congrats Djoko on the #1. So well deserved this year again!

MichaelNadal
10-28-2012, 11:35 AM

I laughed so hard at this post. I love u clarky.

vive le beau jeu !
10-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Feds pulled out.
wise decision for the WTF.

so... is roger replaced by a LL or do they promote kohlschreiber as "17th seed" (taking roger's spot in the draw) ? (too late for that, maybe ?)

Hawkeye7
10-28-2012, 11:50 AM
wise decision for the WTF.

so... is roger replaced by a LL or do they promote kohlschreiber as "17th seed" (taking roger's spot in the draw) ? (too late for that, maybe ?)

Yup, too late. OOP for tomorrow is already out. I'm not sure though whether Fed's spot will be taken by a LL or if the winner of Simon/Baghdatis gets a walkover into R3.

ETA: Victor Hanescu will replace Fed in the main draw. (from Twitter)

vive le beau jeu !
10-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Yup, too late. OOP for tomorrow is already out. I'm not sure though whether Fed's spot will be taken by a LL or if the winner of Simon/Baghdatis gets a walkover into R3.
sometimes this kinda "promotion" can still occur even once the draw is made... but there is probably a "deadline" to do this, and it might be too late now.

the winner of baghdadis-simon (hopefully marcos !) definitely won't get a WO in the 2nd round... there will be somebody there waiting for him in the 2nd round ! ;)

Hawkeye7
10-28-2012, 12:08 PM
I edited my post. ;) The tournament has already confirmed it.