PDA

View Full Version : Babolat to Wilson

Apple Juice
10-28-2012, 05:37 PM
I have been playing with the Aero Pro Team when I learned they would be discontinued. I want to switch to a Wilson because my academy gives good deals on Wilson rackets if you're a player for them, which I am, and would like some insight on a good racket to switch to.

I'm looking for a control oriented racket that also generates a good amount of spin and is also light enough for me, a 14u player, to get good racket head speed and accelerate through. For example, I find the Pro Drive to be too heavy for me to get full acceleration on the ball.

I've tried a Steam racket, a Juice 100 and Pro (which I both greatly disliked) and the Blade Lite, which was the best of the three for me, but was not perfect. I will hopefully be trying the Blade 98 soon. Any suggestions?

Say Chi Sin Lo
10-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Just because a frame is being discontinued in favor of a new model, you're going to switch? Are you serious? I better go buy a new car then.

klementine79
10-28-2012, 05:48 PM
6.1 team.......

Hi I'm Ray
10-28-2012, 06:07 PM
I agree with post #2, pretty odd logic/reason for having to buy a new frame. Your current frames should be usuable for a long time.

Closest thing in the Wilson line to the APD line is the Pro Open - a little heavier than the AP Team but swings lighter than the APD.

MikeHitsHard93
10-28-2012, 06:16 PM
He's a kid. He's gonna make some weird choices and not care about it lol. You want a new racket? Get the pro staff 100. Wondering how you're gonna pay for all these new rackets being 14 but alright none of my business

Tafmatch
10-29-2012, 12:08 AM
6.1 team or the Pro Staff 100.

Say Chi Sin Lo
10-29-2012, 01:12 PM
He's a kid. He's gonna make some weird choices and not care about it lol. You want a new racket? Get the pro staff 100. Wondering how you're gonna pay for all these new rackets being 14 but alright none of my business

When you're 14 and the parents are ballin' enough to send you to an academy, I suppose you really don't have to think twice about paying for a new set of racquets.

klementine79
10-29-2012, 01:18 PM
I say who cares.

Dude asked for racquet tips, not economic advice.

MikeHitsHard93
10-29-2012, 01:20 PM
When you're 14 and the parents are ballin' enough to send you to an academy, I suppose you really don't have to think twice about paying for a new set of racquets.

What I would give to be rollin in enough dough to do that!... Smh.

I would likely buy one of every racket that tw stocks though lol

MikeHitsHard93
10-29-2012, 01:20 PM
I say who cares.

Dude asked for racquet tips, not economic advice.

I did give him advice ;)

klementine79
10-29-2012, 01:23 PM

There are worse ways to spend mom's and dad's money, like meth or beiber CDs.

Say Chi Sin Lo
10-29-2012, 01:25 PM

I would too, and my first purchase would be stock piles of ProKennex Type C Redondo Mid and Dunlop Biomimetic Max 200G. Not because they play well (I'm sure they play exceptionally well), but because they're pretty and I want to hang them on walls of my house for decor purposes.

MikeHitsHard93
10-29-2012, 01:28 PM
There are worse ways to spend mom's and dad's money, like meth or beiber CDs.

Touché!

Beibs being the greater evil of the two, of course

MikeHitsHard93
10-29-2012, 01:29 PM
I would too, and my first purchase would be stock piles of ProKennex Type C Redondo Mid and Dunlop Biomimetic Max 200G. Not because they play well (I'm sure they play exceptionally well), but because they're pretty and I want to hang them on walls of my house for decor purposes.

Dude I don't even know what I would buy. Lol. Too much to choose from... I can't even pick out a new racket for myself. It's horrible

klementine79
10-29-2012, 01:33 PM
hey applesauce, just demo a bunch of wilson frames in that weight group, I'm sure they got them at club. The ps100 was a good suggestion. As was the pro open

Look at other frames as well. According to your preferences, try the vcore 100. Excellent frame.

MikeHitsHard93
10-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah I love my pro open applesauce. Very comfy tweener frame that has helped me transform my game

klementine79
10-29-2012, 01:40 PM
^oh yeah, doesn't even feel 66ra. I hit with mine last week and remembered why i fell in love with it during demo.

Apple juice, right. Got you confused with another member, applesauce.

MikeHitsHard93
10-29-2012, 01:50 PM
^oh yeah, doesn't even feel 66ra. I hit with mine last week and remembered why i fell in love with it during demo.

Apple juice, right. Got you confused with another member, applesauce.

Lol oops.

Yeah I really like mid 60's RA frames. Control and power are both there, as well as touch.

NetNinja68
10-30-2012, 06:39 AM
I love the blade 98 with a full poly set up at 49lbs, but the swing weight may be a bit much for you if the Pure Drive seemed heavy. What did you dislike about the Steam and Juice? Both are very string sensitive and work best with a full poly set up in the high 40's to low 50's. I thought both sucked with multi's but were great with poly. That said, the Pro Open is an absolutely incredible stick and and performs like a dream with a hybrid of full poly set up.

NetNinja68
10-30-2012, 07:18 PM
I have been playing with the Aero Pro Team when I learned they would be discontinued. I want to switch to a Wilson because my academy gives good deals on Wilson rackets if you're a player for them, which I am, and would like some insight on a good racket to switch to.

I'm looking for a control oriented racket that also generates a good amount of spin and is also light enough for me, a 14u player, to get good racket head speed and accelerate through. For example, I find the Pro Drive to be too heavy for me to get full acceleration on the ball.

I've tried a Steam racket, a Juice 100 and Pro (which I both greatly disliked) and the Blade Lite, which was the best of the three for me, but was not perfect. I will hopefully be trying the Blade 98 soon. Any suggestions?

I switched from a Pure Drive to the BLX Blade 98 and could not be happier. I've thought the only way to make this stick even better is to offer it in a 16X19 pattern which is coming out in December!!!!