PDA

View Full Version : Uh-Oh...Djokovic not feeling well as Paris begins

librarysteg
10-29-2012, 09:50 AM
From his website:

"Iím really sorry guys. I am not feeling well today and unfortunately I have to take a little break today and postpone the #Nole4Ulive gathering..."

http://novakdjokovic.com/en/news/other-news/nole-replies-to-nole4you-questions-live/

He was supposed to do some kind of live chat. I hope it's nothing serious enough to affect his play this week, but it feels like a bad sign to me.

forzamilan90
10-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Could be diarrhea or something, he will alright. Happens to the best of us

GoodVibrations
10-29-2012, 09:58 AM
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Inquietude-pour-djokovic/323137

Hungover from celebrating the #1? ;)

Sabratha
10-29-2012, 10:08 AM
That's weird, I hope he's OK.

Ms Nadal
10-29-2012, 10:10 AM
He might pull out then. Gosh! Paris will have no players left soon.

librarysteg
10-29-2012, 10:16 AM
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Inquietude-pour-djokovic/323137

Hungover from celebrating the #1? ;)

Yes, let's hope for too much champagne! Could be looking good for Murray.

Towser83
10-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Saw this on fb earlier and was expecting to find out he'd withdrawn. but maybe he won't, we will have to wait and see.

dimeaxe
10-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Guys, he's healthy, he's not in a good mood, cause his father Srdjan has health problems and he's in hospital.Novak visited him yesterday, he was in Belgrade for three hours, and immediately there after returned.

librarysteg
10-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Guys, he's healthy, he's not in a good mood, cause his father Srdjan has health problems and he's in hospital.Novak visited him yesterday, he was in Belgrade for three hours, and immediately there after returned.

Wow. Hope his father is okay. Thanks for the extra insight.

GoodVibrations
10-29-2012, 10:37 AM

Why doesn't he just say that instead of the vomiting story though?

bjsnider
10-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Djokovic will still be almost 2000 points ahead of Federer even if Djokovic skips Paris. On 05/11/2012 the ranking points will be synchronized with the "race" points as the WTF starts. The absolute best Federer could do is a close second ranking behind Djokovic. But if Murray does well in the next 2 weeks he could snatch #2 away from Federer.

The Bawss
10-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Why doesn't he just say that instead of the vomiting story though?

He may still have vomited.

ALL IN
10-29-2012, 11:07 AM
He may still have vomited.

Very possible, just hope his father's health isn't going to be an ongoing issue......

Ms Nadal
10-29-2012, 11:11 AM
What is wrong with Djok's dad? He has already lost his Grandad now his dad isn't well. What bad luck for Djok! :(. He should just tell the truth though, why say he isn't feeling well?

librarysteg
10-29-2012, 11:22 AM
What is wrong with Djok's dad? He has already lost his Grandad now his dad isn't well. What bad luck for Djok! :(. He should just tell the truth though, why say he isn't feeling well?

I don't blame him for that, if that's indeed what's going on. When I'm having personal/family issues, I usually just tell people I'm not feeling well if I have to miss work or cancel plans. It's true in the sense that the stress from whatever's going on at home makes me feel less than 100% physically, and it saves me from having to share more about my personal life than I'm comfortable sharing.

Ms Nadal
10-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah sure. He should just say, personal problems and finish. I hope Djok skips Paris then he should have skipped MC when his grandad wasn't well too. Family is more important than tennis and Djok should get back to Serbia. Priorities!

Sabratha
10-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Djokovic will still be almost 2000 points ahead of Federer even if Djokovic skips Paris. On 05/11/2012 the ranking points will be synchronized with the "race" points as the WTF starts. The absolute best Federer could do is a close second ranking behind Djokovic. But if Murray does well in the next 2 weeks he could snatch #2 away from Federer.
Funnily enough, this will be Murray's highest year end finish. Even if he doesn't get #2.

Ms Nadal
10-29-2012, 11:47 AM
I think that Murray can become Number one next year. He needs to ensure that he takes the opportunity.

Sabratha
10-29-2012, 11:52 AM
I think that Murray can become Number one next year. He needs to ensure that he takes the opportunity.
If Murray wins either the Australian Open or Wimbledon, he will become #1.

Steve0904
10-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Yeah sure. He should just say, personal problems and finish. I hope Djok skips Paris then he should have skipped MC when his grandad wasn't well too. Family is more important than tennis and Djok should get back to Serbia. Priorities!

I think Djokovic's grandfather died while he was playing the tournament in MC. Therefore I don't think he wanted to pull out in the middle of it without some sort of injury. A lot of pro athletes use sports as an escape also. Recently a guy named Torry Smith who's an American football player played a game hours after his 19 year old brother died, and he had one of the best games of his career. Another American football player named Brett Favre did much the same after his father died.

Ms Nadal
10-29-2012, 11:55 AM
I think Djokovic's grandfather died while he was playing the tournament in MC. Therefore I don't think he wanted to pull out in the middle of it without some sort of injury. A lot of pro athletes use sports as an escape also. Recently a guy named Torry Smith who's an American football player played a game hours after his 19 year old brother died, and he had one of the best games of his career. Another American football player named Brett Favre did much the same after his father died.

It must be hard to focus though.

Ms Nadal
10-29-2012, 11:56 AM

That would be cool for Murray. We will see how 2013 works out for him. He has been in the wings for a long time.

Gonzo_style
10-29-2012, 11:56 AM
When he plays first match? I hope that everything will be ok...:(:(

batz
10-29-2012, 11:59 AM

Can or will? I'm not sure it's as simple as that.

batz
10-29-2012, 12:00 PM
When he plays first match? I hope that everything will be ok...:(:(

Not until Wednesday - hopefully it's just a short lived bug and he's OK by then.

Hawkeye7
10-29-2012, 12:02 PM

No. He would have to do more than win another Major to get to #1. However, if Djokovic doesn't win the Australian Open, he would probably be #1 without holding a Major.

dimeaxe
10-29-2012, 12:14 PM
I heard that he's getting better, had consistent back pain, he's hospitalized right now, but they said he should leave hospital in next few days for home treatment.

Gonzo_style
10-29-2012, 12:17 PM
I heard that he's getting better, had consistent back pain, he's hospitalized right now, but they said he should leave hospital in next few days for home treatment.

Source please? If this is true, then he will probably not play in Paris...

Ms Nadal
10-29-2012, 12:18 PM

Thanks for that. I hope that Djok's dad makes a good recovery.

Ms Nadal
10-29-2012, 12:19 PM

He should skip Paris and spend time with his dad.

GoodVibrations
10-29-2012, 12:20 PM

Are you an insider? ;) Are the stories of his father treating Novak awfully true? If so, hate to say it but this is probably karma.

dimeaxe
10-29-2012, 12:21 PM

It's present only in Serbian news, I guess you don't speak/wriite Serbian???:)
http://www.24sata.rs/vesti/aktuelno/vest/srdan-dokovic-u-urgentnom-centru/61120.phtml

Gonzo_style
10-29-2012, 12:24 PM
http://www.24sata.rs/vesti/aktuelno/vest/srdan-dokovic-u-urgentnom-centru/61120.phtml

Deleted post

librarysteg
10-29-2012, 12:28 PM

Google Translator to the rescue :) Sounds relatively minor so that's good!

Ms Nadal
10-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Google Translator to the rescue :) Sounds relatively minor so that's good!

Glad to hear that! :)

dimeaxe
10-29-2012, 12:49 PM
There's huge history of family issues, related to Djokovics, Srdjan particularly. I mean, Novak and him have somehow complicated relationship, something like love/hate, there's almost always something to upset him to perform his best .During 2008 wimby, Srdjan and Dijana marriage was in huge crisis, many pople in Serbian community knew that.That's why he played poorly,he lost his focus, and other times, like Serbian open in '09, when Novak literally begged him to leave the stadium, cause Srdjan felt sick.This year during Wimby, again, was reported that he's in conflict with him, cause he want's to separate from them and live his life with Jelena. He's Nervy,short-tempered kind of guy, and Novak knows that.

Znaci Gonza Srba:)...

GoodVibrations
10-29-2012, 01:02 PM
dimeaxe, thank you for the behind the scenes gossip. You should always feel free to post more. The father sounds a little crazy but he should also just dump the clingy girlfriend already.

Fedex
10-30-2012, 03:27 AM
From his website:

"I’m really sorry guys. I am not feeling well today and unfortunately I have to take a little break today and postpone the #Nole4Ulive gathering..."

http://novakdjokovic.com/en/news/other-news/nole-replies-to-nole4you-questions-live/

He was supposed to do some kind of live chat. I hope it's nothing serious enough to affect his play this week, but it feels like a bad sign to me.

Some scary fans of Nole. I mean... really scary.Talk to those bunny boilers at your peril Novak is my message. You know, the ones that turn up on your door step at 7am wearing Tatty slippers.

"Get all the rest you need. Take good care of yourself. God bless you Nole. Missing you a lot."

"What a wonderful idea for you to do this it is always wonderful listening to you talking and being you. Looking forward to it already."

"Get some rest and concentrate on the game we will miss talking to you, but we already know what a wonderful person you are"

Fedex
10-30-2012, 03:33 AM
Meanwhile Djokovic is whispering under his breath in Serbian F your Mother.
If only they knew.

GoodVibrations
10-30-2012, 09:08 AM
If only they knew.

Yes, because swearing on the court should invalidate someone's fandom of somebody, right? :roll:

Not to say that the messages above aren't "creepy," but look at Safin... he had all the middle-aged, "protective" women into him too.

TheF1Bob
10-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Some scary fans of Nole. I mean... really scary.Talk to those bunny boilers at your peril Novak is my message. You know, the ones that turn up on your door step at 7am wearing Tatty slippers.

"Get all the rest you need. Take good care of yourself. God bless you Nole. Missing you a lot."

"What a wonderful idea for you to do this it is always wonderful listening to you talking and being you. Looking forward to it already."

"Get some rest and concentrate on the game we will miss talking to you, but we already know what a wonderful person you are"

If only they knew.

Why are the Murrayturds doing in a Novak Djokovic thread? ;)

librarysteg
10-30-2012, 10:56 AM
He's doing his live chat thing now and looks healthy :) As a slightly less scary fan, I just watch from the sidelines ;)

Ms Nadal
10-30-2012, 11:17 AM
I hope Djok is bearing up with everything! I want Djok and Roger at the WTFs! Rafa is already out! :(. No more of the cream missing, please!

Sid_Vicious
10-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Djokovic is just setting up some excuses in case he has a legacy tainting loss to Murray .

Ms Nadal
10-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Djokovic is trying preserve the h2h against Murray.

Good! :). It will motivate Djok! I don't want anymore guys missing for next week I have tickets. It's bad enough without Rafa! :(

Fedex
10-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Why are the Murrayturds doing in a Novak Djokovic thread? ;)

No. I'm actually one of you Djoko*****s F1.
Novak. Novak. It must be so great being you

*Sparkle*
10-30-2012, 02:24 PM
He's doing his live chat thing now and looks healthy :) As a slightly less scary fan, I just watch from the sidelines ;)
I would think the rumour about him being ill was an easier story to give for missing the original chat than explaining about his dad being ill. It was probably deliberate, and understandable, mis-direction until he knew what was going on.

At least I hope he's well. Not just for him, but we don't need him spreading germs around the locker room! It's bad enough they're all tired at the WTFs without them all snuffling.

paulorenzo
10-30-2012, 02:52 PM
vintage novak

TheF1Bob
10-30-2012, 04:04 PM
No. I'm actually one of you Djoko*****s F1.
Novak. Novak. It must be so great being you

Yes, Novak is true champion of the people. 8)

ALL HAIL NOLE!

Fedex
10-31-2012, 01:18 AM
Yes, Novak is true champion of the people. 8)

ALL HAIL NOLE!

He is our one and only saviour. All bow to Nole.

JoelDali
10-31-2012, 01:33 AM
Silent ban...sad day for Serbia.