PDA

View Full Version : Millions offered to Djokovic and Nadal by the Russians?

Paullaconte1
10-29-2012, 05:49 PM
oh boy, I like this one.

It seems that the Russians have offered millions to Djoker and Nadal to play the Kremlin Cup.

http://newyork.tennistonic.com/view_tennisnews?nid=1379&/The-Russians-offer-millions-to-Djokovic-and-Nadal-for-the-2013-Kremlin-Cup

http://www.tennisearth.com/news/tennisNews/Djokovic-and-Nadal-being-chased-for-Kremblin-Cup-2013-791500.htm

http://en.ria.ru/sports/20121025/176916741.html

If true I think that for the top players the prize money for winning a... let's say 500 atp tournament is not so important anymore if they can have that sum only to play a 250 ATP.

I also hope that the Russians won't try to take over tennis with megadollars... same as the Middle East?

PeteD
10-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Doesn't sound right

Tennis_Hands
10-29-2012, 06:39 PM
As I said in the Nadal News thread, not everybody is willing to play everywhere just for the money.

Besides, the Russians will be having problems paying megadollars in the near future, as their petrodolars/gasdollars reserves are drying up fast. Very fast. The tournament in 2013 might be a one off.

Clarky21
10-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Nadal will accept and play there and then turn around and whine about there being too many hardcourts on tour,and how they're ruining his body. Lol.

Sabratha
10-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Nadal might come back for it.

SoBad
10-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Obviously, this is a country with a rich tennis history where people and businesses are willing to give their last penny to the two best players to come down and further promote the sport. I wonder what it's costing them to keep Fred out of Moscow every year...:lol:

Bartelby
10-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Maybe they'll make money on fixing the result?

SoBad
10-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Maybe they'll make money on fixing the result?

I doubt it - this kind of thing is usually done in places like London, New York, or Melbourne, where there is organized crime...

Bartelby
10-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Yes, well, everywhere there's a strong emigre community.

SoBad
10-29-2012, 07:50 PM
American illegals have been a growing problem in Moscow since before people like Paul Tatum and their shady dealings in the 1990s.

Andres
10-29-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm sorry... but how much is Dubai paying Federer to play there EVERY year?

Mike Bulgakov
10-29-2012, 08:03 PM
I doubt it - this kind of thing is usually done in places like London, New York, or Melbourne, where there is organized crime...
Why not take pride in Russian organized crime? After the Soviet Union, many former KGB officers and best minds in Russia, regarding banking and financial matters, turned to activities deemed illegal. They have mostly avoided prosecution, as have people involved in seemingly quasi-legal and illegal activities in the U.S. and Western Europe. International Russian organized crime is generally more sophisticated than what you see coming from elsewhere.:)

SoBad
10-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Why not take pride in Russian organized crime? After the Soviet Union, many former KGB officers and best minds in Russia, regarding banking and financial matters, turned to activities deemed illegal. They have mostly avoided prosecution, as have people involved in seemingly quasi-legal and illegal activities in the U.S. and Western Europe. International Russian organized crime is generally more sophisticated than what you see coming from elsewhere.:)

Activities deemed illegal by whom? The widely unpopular dictator crooks and thieves who had kept 200 million people in the 19th century for over 70 years?

Mainad
10-29-2012, 08:16 PM

Lol...you think there's no organised crime in Moscow??? :lol:

Wonder why they don't want to attract the biggest star in tennis...Sir Roger himself?? :confused:

SoBad
10-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Lol...you think there's no organised crime in Moscow??? :lol:

Wonder why they don't want to attract the biggest star in tennis...Sir Roger himself?? :confused:

Probably because they are sophisticated tennis connoisseurs who only want the best people and players to promote the sport in the city, as opposed to overrated psychotic no-talent hacks who piled up slams in a weak era? What do you think? Have you seen organized crime when you were in Moscow?

Mike Bulgakov
10-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Activities deemed illegal by whom? The widely unpopular dictator crooks and thieves who had kept 200 million people in the 19th century for over 70 years?
The West. Many of the unpopular dictator crooks and thieves turned to crime after the Soviet Union dissolved.

SoBad
10-29-2012, 08:28 PM
The West. Many of the unpopular dictator crooks and thieves turned to crime after the Soviet Union dissolved.

There were issues in the 1990s, but I think they had to do with transformation of institutions (such as police or prosecutors) rather than organized crime. A driver hitting an elderly lady in the city street (for example) and getting away with it is a serious problem for the society, but has little to do with organized crime, real or imagined. A guy like Tatum getting knocked off in a subway underpass is only an issue if a stray bullet hits an innocent tobacco kiosk. People like him make their own choices.

Mainad
10-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Probably because they are sophisticated tennis connoisseurs who only want the best people and players to promote the sport in the city, as opposed to overrated psychotic no-talent hacks who piled up slams in a weak era?

Oh I see. So you don't think people would bother to come and watch Federer play in Moscow unlike every other city on Earth?

What do you think? Have you seen organized crime when you were in Moscow?

Not personally. But I watch and read the news.

goran_ace
Don't be so shocked. Appearance fees, and in amounts in excess of the total prize money offered, aren't exactly a new concept in professional tennis.

Bartelby
And now they're up to the prohibition-era, unfortunately.

SoBad
10-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Oh I see. So you don't think people would bother to come and watch Federer play in Moscow unlike every other city on Earth?

We'll never know if anyone in Moscow would bother to show up to watch overrated Federer, because the corporate budgets do not have the funds to pay for his room and meals.

Not personally. But I watch and read the news.

I have spent a lot of time in Moscow, but I hardly watch or read the news. So what did the news say?:lol:

SoBad
10-29-2012, 08:41 PM

Oh really? I thought you could still pretty much drink and smoke anywhere you want anytime you want in those parts?

Bartelby
10-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Gangsters fighting for control over assets due to the collapse of state authority???

SoBad
10-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Sure, business people often compete for resources. When institutions are weak, they often have to rely on private security mechanisms rather than the weak institutions.

smoledman
10-29-2012, 09:04 PM
This is why I hate the corrupt Arabian and Russian states. In the West, tennis tournaments have to actually make a profit and they do.

Sumo
10-29-2012, 09:11 PM

Are you saying there is no organized crime in Russia?

SoBad
10-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Or maybe the hotels won't let him stay there because he steals things from hotel rooms.

SoBad
10-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Are you saying there is no organized crime in Russia?

I am not aware of any, how about you?

DanaKz
10-29-2012, 09:48 PM
LOL, no, they are all talk.
They said they will bring Federer and Nadal this year, and then they whined how "Federer and Nadal laughed in our face" because offer was so small.

Mike Bulgakov
10-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Way off topic: HBO's "Boardwalk Empire" is a very entertaining series dealing with political corruption during the U.S. prohibition.

Slightly on topic: Yevgeny Kafelnikov, the man with a private plane before they were popular on the ATP, is the GOAT regarding chasing appearance fees.

Shaolin
10-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Nadal will probably play it and then complain how the season is too long and has too many hardcourt matches.

Big_Dangerous
10-29-2012, 10:58 PM

He also has a residence there for tax purposes.

But I also say Murray and Djokovic in in Dubai this year as well, so come on with that.

BlueB
10-30-2012, 12:50 AM
...who had kept 200 million people in the 19th century for over 70 years?
Don't know, or don't want to know too many facts, do we?
Electrification, check
Self-sufficient industry/economy, check
Space Program, check
Nuclear Program, check
Bio-Medical Research, check
Ballet, Music, Literature ("high culture"), check
Sporting Acheivements, check
Free Health Care for all, check
Free Education, including universities, check
Free Housing, check
Guaranteed Retiremant Plan, check
Hmmm, yeah, 19th century for sure...
Yes, the system was different then what "Democratic brainwash" wants us to blindly follow, as well as the methods of governing (which I'm not approving, btw). Yet, the people beneffited in many ways, that Western establishment doesn't want to admit. And don't even get me started on how, why and by whom, was the Communism orcestrated in Russia, to beggin with.
Also, maybe count for yourself, on how many items from my list, had US failed?

Oh, for the record - I'm not a Russian.

vive le beau jeu !
10-30-2012, 01:06 AM
so they're concerned because of the depleted fields this year at moscow and st-pete ?

SoBad
10-30-2012, 01:40 AM
Free Housing, check
Guaranteed Retiremant Plan, check

How did those work, exactly?

Oh, for the record - I'm not a Russian.

That much I could tell. Have you spent much time there?

The Bawss
10-30-2012, 02:49 AM
Nadal will accept and play there and then turn around and whine about there being too many hardcourts on tour,and how they're ruining his body. Lol.

This. Clarky you beautiful poster you.

Sumo
10-30-2012, 06:41 AM
I am not aware of any, how about you?

You should spend some time with my buddy google. He knows a lot.

sunof tennis
10-30-2012, 07:07 AM

And you have never heard of the Russian Mafia?

coloskier
10-30-2012, 10:57 AM

Are you kidding me??? The entire country of Russia is run by organized crime.

underground
10-30-2012, 11:07 AM

Federer has his own home in Dubai though, he even trains there, so it wouldn't be hard for him to play there.

Paullaconte1
10-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Interesting how this discussion was about the offer to Djokovic and Nadal and it ended up as a political thread.. lol

zapvor
10-30-2012, 07:11 PM
sobad in a russian thread.....can only be so...bad

ctoth666
10-30-2012, 07:26 PM
I heard that Federer offered Djokovic and Nadal millions of dollars to sleep with Mirka, while he watches. They both declined.

SoBad
10-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Are you kidding me??? The entire country of Russia is run by organized crime.

I am sure you know a lot more about this than I do, but if an organization is running a country, as you suggest, isn't "government" the proper term, as opposed to "mafia", "pizza", or "trattoria"?:lol:

adamX012
10-30-2012, 08:58 PM
I am sure you know a lot more about this than I do, but if an organization is running a country, as you suggest, isn't "government" the proper term, as opposed to "mafia", "pizza", or "trattoria"?:lol:

how are you? still alive after "Sandy" visited your apt with her mafia friends?

SoBad
10-30-2012, 09:01 PM
how are you? still alive after "Sandy" visited your apt with her mafia friends?

I nearly died from the storm, but then I went to the Chiang Kai-sheks' place at CPW/66 for a party and felt better.

adamX012
10-30-2012, 09:05 PM
I nearly died from the storm, but then I went to the Chiang Kai-sheks' place at CPW/66 for a party and felt better.

Chiang kai shek's great grand daughter might welcome you to her Humble place. I think she has been traveling between two states a lot.

SoBad
10-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Lincoln Center sounds like a perfectly acceptable piece of dowry.

adamX012
10-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Lincoln Center sounds like a perfectly acceptable piece of dowry.

Lincoln's movie is out soon. maybe, grab a glass of wine for movie dinner before dowry takes place, huh?

SoBad
10-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Lincoln's movie is out soon. maybe, grab a glass of wine for movie dinner before dowry takes place, huh?

Maybe i'll just grab a 1.75L of jack daniels and let the chiangs sort it all out without me.

adamX012
10-30-2012, 09:20 PM
Maybe i'll just grab a 1.75L of jack daniels and let the chiangs sort it all out without me.

jack daniels's.... hummmm. hershey chocolate 1.5 oz sound better along with watching presidential election. by the way, what does Russian good at (besides wine)?

SoBad
10-30-2012, 09:25 PM
jack daniels's.... hummmm. hershey chocolate 1.5 oz sound better along with watching presidential election. by the way, what does Russian good at (besides wine)?

nothing really - they are mostly talentless drunkards who sit on a load of natural resources in siberia; they hardly measure up to the strong brave handsome great-grandsons of CKS on CPW.

adamX012
10-30-2012, 09:28 PM
nothing really - they are mostly talentless drunkards who sit on a load of natural resources in siberia; they hardly measure up to the strong brave handsome great-grandsons of CKS on CPW.

wow, that mean Russians should be eliminated for marriage?

SoBad
10-30-2012, 09:32 PM
wow, that mean Russians should be eliminated for marriage?

Unless they are rich and stupid, they should be placed fairly low on the husband priority scale.

adamX012
10-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Unless they are rich and stupid, they should be placed fairly low on the husband priority scale.

good to know. thanks.

kind of tired... need to go.

enjoy your night

later :)

SoBad
10-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks - enjoy your evening.

Mike Bulgakov
10-30-2012, 09:47 PM
"I am enjoying this conversation very much, and I will consider SoBad's suitability for 'entering' the family."
http://www.taiwandocuments.org/20005638.jpg

"SoBad, could you bring a Jack & Coke, hold the cashews?"
http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/39/78739-004-1F448D27.jpg