PDA

View Full Version : Pure Storm GT with a bit more beef..

Veninga
10-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Said goodbye to my Warrior (if interested, look at the trading part of this board), because its too spinny and too much power for me. Decided I am also done with the 25mm or more thick beames..

So got a Pure Storm GT. Love the weight in upper part and the flex (so I can spin or flatten out) and very precise. Good in droppers etc.

I made it more headlight by using 2 overgrips, balance is also right.

Only one but. It could use a bit more power and a bit less SW. Loading with lead is no option. It already has a syn gut string, at 25 kg...

What would be better option? I was thinking:
- tecnifibre 305. 95 inch, sw 324, flex 68.
- new blade perhaps, if sw will be reduced
- new steam 99 without the s
- maybe yonex xi 98?
- I found a very nice BB London, would that be a good option?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Hominator
10-30-2012, 09:42 AM
I really like the Pure Storm GT. however, I went back to the Aero Storm GT, which has just a little more weight, but more pop due to its increased stiffness and slight weight addition. If you like the Pure Storm GT, give the Aero Storm GT a try. Should be a seamless transition. Hope this helps.

TennisFan1337
10-30-2012, 09:50 AM
I recently got a Pure Storm GT as a base racquet to customize. I added an overgrip, 10g at the very end of the handle under the grip and 2g at 12 o'clock. I will probably add some more to the handle and maybe 1g at 12 o'clock.

Initially, the PS wasn't very manouverable, I got it 3 pts headlight and te SW was pretty high for such a low static weight stick. I decided to make it very HL and heavier - that means it is easy to swing through the air and it maintains it's plow.

Of course, it isn't perfect for me yet, but I'm not going around to look for a new stick. Most of them are quite similar, just differ in spec (I'm talking about the real specs, not the advertised ones).

Hope this helps!

Veninga
10-30-2012, 09:58 AM
I really like the Pure Storm GT. however, I went back to the Aero Storm GT, which has just a little more weight, but more pop due to its increased stiffness and slight weight addition. If you like the Pure Storm GT, give the Aero Storm GT a try. Should be a seamless transition. Hope this helps.

Was looking at that one, but SW is even higher? Above 327 I get tired in the long run..

Veninga
10-30-2012, 10:01 AM
I recently got a Pure Storm GT as a base racquet to customize. I added an overgrip, 10g at the very end of the handle under the grip and 2g at 12 o'clock. I will probably add some more to the handle and maybe 1g at 12 o'clock.

Initially, the PS wasn't very manouverable, I got it 3 pts headlight and te SW was pretty high for such a low static weight stick. I decided to make it very HL and heavier - that means it is easy to swing through the air and it maintains it's plow.

Of course, it isn't perfect for me yet, but I'm not going around to look for a new stick. Most of them are quite similar, just differ in spec (I'm talking about the real specs, not the advertised ones).

Hope this helps!

I know, just looking for the holy grail:)

pattenww
10-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Prestige S. I went speedport black, purestorm GT, Prestige S - but very string senstive..nothing above 55 and poly would need to be 50 or less

TennisFan1337
10-30-2012, 10:42 AM
I know, just looking for the holy grail

I understand, we all are looking for our holy grail (as am I) that would help us improve our game.

But it's closer than you think. If you like the feel of a frame and think it gets you enough spin, start playing with lead. Add gram there and remove it from another place, try a lot of setups and you'll find it soon.

You don't have to change sticks a lot ;)

As it is always, if we want to improve our game, then it's not a new racquet that will do it. Better technique will! :)

Veninga
10-30-2012, 11:55 AM
I understand, we all are looking for our holy grail (as am I) that would help us improve our game.

But it's closer than you think. If you like the feel of a frame and think it gets you enough spin, start playing with lead. Add gram there and remove it from another place, try a lot of setups and you'll find it soon.

You don't have to change sticks a lot ;)

As it is always, if we want to improve our game, then it's not a new racquet that will do it. Better technique will! :)

I will, thanks and :)

NetNinja68
10-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Said goodbye to my Warrior (if interested, look at the trading part of this board), because its too spinny and too much power for me. Decided I am also done with the 25mm or more thick beames..

So got a Pure Storm GT. Love the weight in upper part and the flex (so I can spin or flatten out) and very precise. Good in droppers etc.

I made it more headlight by using 2 overgrips, balance is also right.

Only one but. It could use a bit more power and a bit less SW. Loading with lead is no option. It already has a syn gut string, at 25 kg...

What would be better option? I was thinking:
- tecnifibre 305. 95 inch, sw 324, flex 68.
- new blade perhaps, if sw will be reduced
- new steam 99 without the s
- maybe yonex xi 98?
- I found a very nice BB London, would that be a good option?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

I am ultra excited about the new 16X19 Blade. It will be the BOMB!

parasailing
10-31-2012, 10:09 AM
Yeah I would like to see how the new BLX blade with 16x19 plays as well as what a awesome looking paint job it has. If you can handle the weight, I would suggest the Pure Storm Tour GT which is just a huge upgrade over the Pure Storm GT. It's more solid and feels more plush.

ace18
11-01-2012, 07:40 PM

I agree here. I recently demo'd a few new racquets before changing to the IG Rad Pro. I demo'd the Pure Storm GT for a set and loved it, after that set I decided it was my next racquet. I had the Aero Storm GT demo in my bag and figured I should give it a chance as well. I liked it even more. More solid. The SW didn't seem too bad. I really liked the stick, it was a little too stiff but a great hitting racquet, IMO.