PDA

View Full Version : Lead Weights in handle of POG

kenshireen
10-30-2012, 10:02 AM
I was changing the grip on my POG and I notices that there were 7 lead pins drilled into the handle... I checked my other POG and found the same...
When I removed them the weight dropped about 1 1/2 ounces.

Is there any reason that I cannot remove a couple of them to bring the weight down a bit and decrease the SW..both of which are a bit too high for me.

Thanks for any comments

jjs891
10-30-2012, 10:29 AM
I remember seeing those lead wts in the handle of my POGs.

I don't think removing wts from the handle will decrease the sw that much but no problem trying it.

corners
10-30-2012, 11:47 AM
I was changing the grip on my POG and I notices that there were 7 lead pins drilled into the handle... I checked my other POG and found the same...

Is there any reason that I cannot remove a couple of them to bring the weight down a bit and decrease the SW..both of which are a bit too high for me.

Thanks for any comments

Could you post a pic? Wilson also uses metal rods inside their handles - K90 had these.

Sure, you can remove some of them, which will lengthen the balance point (make it less headlight) but it won't decrease the swingweight very much at all. Swingweight is mostly a function of how much mass is in the head. Handleweight doesn't really change it.

floydcouncil
10-30-2012, 07:30 PM

Thanks for any comments

Don't mess up a good classic. Find a racquet that you can handle and play it IT.