PDA

View Full Version : Profile 3.6 to BLX Blade 98

silveroak
10-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Racquet experts that are in touch with the old and the new, post your opinion on this transition,
I've left my cherished Profile 3.6 95 at the courts. Most likely it's been taken. I've spent the next day asking around and looking but no traces. Trying to play with the two 2.7 95s I still have is not working, I can't control them, extremely frustrating experience - resorting to slice from both wings. Maybe it is time move on from widebodies, though they were a fun blast from the past. Spent some time hitting around with various BLX Wilsons for sale locally and Blade 98 feels pretty good. Feels like some distant similarity to the 3.6 95? Tight pattern, but power is there. Not sure. One observation playing up: returning good serves aggressively is a much more pleasant and free experience with the BLX; with the Profile I needed insane amount of focus on every return just have some control over depth and direction on aggressive returns.
Don't want to spend months dwelling on next racquet! You let me know if BLX 98 should work or please post some other easy choices for someone moving on from these cool dinosaurs.

NetNinja68
10-31-2012, 05:31 AM
Racquet experts that are in touch with the old and the new, post your opinion on this transition,
I've left my cherished Profile 3.6 95 at the courts. Most likely it's been taken. I've spent the next day asking around and looking but no traces. Trying to play with the two 2.7 95s I still have is not working, I can't control them, extremely frustrating experience - resorting to slice from both wings. Maybe it is time move on from widebodies, though they were a fun blast from the past. Spent some time hitting around with various BLX Wilsons for sale locally and Blade 98 feels pretty good. Feels like some distant similarity to the 3.6 95? Tight pattern, but power is there. Not sure. One observation playing up: returning good serves aggressively is a much more pleasant and free experience with the BLX; with the Profile I needed insane amount of focus on every return just have some control over depth and direction on aggressive returns.
Don't want to spend months dwelling on next racquet! You let me know if BLX 98 should work or please post some other easy choices for someone moving on from these cool dinosaurs.

The BLX Blade 98 is a tremendous stick which you will grow to love and appreciate the more you hit with it. Although, it's my stick of choice I wish I had waited for the new 16X19 pattern to come out.

eyedropper
10-31-2012, 09:16 PM
I'd also recommend the six.one 95 18x20 and for something lighter, the prostaff six.one 95

silveroak
11-01-2012, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the replies. I have to turn in the Blade demo today and will try the 95s.

Power Player
11-01-2012, 06:48 AM
I used both. I love both as well. Blade is easier to use and a little more control based. I find it to be more comfortable.

NLBwell
11-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Babolat Pure Drive Roddick or Head Extreme Pro are maybe most like your old Profiles in terms of power.
Blade 98 might be a better choice if you are liking it, though.

royfrombigd
11-01-2012, 09:23 AM

Love the BLX Blade 98. IMO it is a racquet that really does everything well. I'm also tinkering around with the new Head Extreme 2.0. Similar weight and balance, but thicker beam and more open string pattern. Love it as well, but if I had to choose today, the Blade is my choice.

PS You may want to wait until purchasing as the New Blades are coming out soon.

hersito
11-01-2012, 11:23 AM
It's incredible how many pro players use the blade 98 right off the shelf, go see any pro tournament (don't watch only top ten) many players use it.

silveroak
11-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Appreciate all replies. I got the Blade and looking forward to getting to know it more.