PDA

View Full Version : Your experience with the 6.1 tours.

neerghsoj1
10-31-2012, 05:40 PM
I am interested in trying some of these out, of course I know everyone's experience and opinion is different, but it never hurts to hear.

Which 6.1 tour is the best for you? How do they rank if you generalize in total the feel, maneuverability, precision, power, all of that?

I wanted to try some out, I am trying the nCode one tomorrow. I have heard the best things about the K Factor one, but no reasons why. Thanks so much! :)

klementine79
10-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Ah yes... the signature series.

It's not so much the head size that makes these so demanding, you can find other mids that are much more user friendly.

What makes them demanding to me is the weight and that 6.1 stiffness.

They're a strange brew of ball clubbing ability wrapped in a low powered shell. Depends on what part of the string bed you're hitting.

I will say this. They force you to watch every detail of your kinetic-chain. And they let you know quickly if you've done something wrong.

Filipinotennis
10-31-2012, 09:08 PM
For me I actually prefer the heavier racquet, I love the plow that it gives me and especially on the forehand.
So far I've tried out the nCode series all the way up to the current generation but nothing can compare to the k factor!!
For some reason I love the "Raw" feeling that it gives me (if that makes and sense lol)
For the nCode it just seemed to harsh for me for some reason. Just felt a lot stiffer
The BLX seemed to dampened to me. Kinda like I was hitting with a gummy bear.
And for the most recent one I find the feel kinda between the k factor and BLX.
but like klementine stated above you really need to pay attention to the way you hit the ball.

Say Chi Sin Lo
10-31-2012, 09:21 PM
I have had very limited experience with the Original Tour 90 and n90, but they are different than the later releases. Largely because the pattern is ever so slightly different. OG Tour 90 and n90 both have a denser sweetspot and open off-center. Whereas from k90 and on, the pattern is open throughout the stringbed.

k90 - Crisp, raw, but it's not harsh by any means
blx90 - soft and buttery smooth, reminiscent of my PC600, hits like a gummy bear, that's why I use it.
psblx90 - in between the k90 and blx90, but it's closer to blx90's softness. And quite honestly, not enough of a difference to switch out of the blx90.

neerghsoj1
10-31-2012, 11:22 PM
Thanks a ton for the posts they help! Trying the nCode tomorrow and hopefully the KFactor soon.