PDA

View Full Version : Help My BLX blade 98 TM logo ?

bigant2984
11-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Has anyone ever seen just an (R) instead of a (TM) on the throat of the racquet, am i just driving myself nuts, i have herd that wilson changes up some stuff, and that there are different batches of racquets, and the don't have the best QC ! or do i have a fake ?

reekster34
11-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Hi, I use the blades and I noticed the same exact thing. One of mine had a TM and one didn't. But, same weight and same balance. Then I looked at other people's blades and they were a mix of both. I thought it was odd too.

eleventeenth street
11-02-2012, 08:48 PM
if you bought it at a reputable dealer, it's genuine. wilson does make slight cosmetic changes over the course of a racquet's life

bigant2984
11-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Hi, I use the blades and I noticed the same exact thing. One of mine had a TM and one didn't. But, same weight and same balance. Then I looked at other people's blades and they were a mix of both. I thought it was odd too.

both of mine just have a small (r) on the throat by the blx graphic, and yes the both have the same specs

red rook
11-03-2012, 05:50 PM
I have a theory that the tm ones have the 53-63 pound rating and the r ones have the 50-60. Can anyone confirm?

bigant2984
11-03-2012, 06:08 PM
I have a theory that the tm ones have the 53-63 pound rating and the r ones have the 50-60. Can anyone confirm?

mine say the 50-60 and they have the (R), is my blx a fake ?

red rook
11-04-2012, 03:39 AM
No its not a fake. There were just two anomilies and I was just trying to see if they were related.

gavna
11-04-2012, 08:08 AM
The R-in-a-circle means that the trademark is registered with the United States Patent & Trademark Office.  That involves filing an application with a fee, and establishing that the owner is entitled to exclusive use of the mark in connection with particular goods and services.  One may not use the R-in-a-circle sign without a registration.

A "TM" designation just means that the user of the trademark asserts that the word, phrase, design, or whatever it is, is a trademark owned by the user.  Anyone can assert that anything is their trademark, but that does not necessarily mean that the user has exclusive rights.  Federal and state trademark law protects many unregistered trademarks from confusion.  But, an unregistered trademark is not subject to the same presumptions and legal protections and a registered trademark.

In effect if your stick has the R it's actually a newer version with updated graphics.

Power Player
11-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Mine have the r in a circle and 53-63 tension. Definitley not fakes. Purchased from tennis stores demo stash given to them by wilson.

jonnyboi09
11-04-2012, 07:07 PM
This seems to be common with Wilson racquets. I have two Wilson BLX Six One Tours. One says TM while the other says R. Both were bought from TW one month apart and my friend also has one from TW that has neither R nor TM.

bkpr
11-19-2012, 04:05 PM

I can confirm this is the case with my two Blades. There's also ~8g weight difference between the two, but we all know that's a different story ;)