PDA

View Full Version : Can you ask Wilson for the original [K]Factor Grommets?

xFullCourtTenniSx
11-03-2012, 02:36 AM
The BLX ProStaff grommets are kind of skimpy, I'd rather have the [K]Factor grommets that cover the entire top of the racket.

If I asked Wilson for some, could I get any of the [K]Factor grommets?

chrisberchris
11-03-2012, 07:34 AM
TW might have them
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage-GROMWILSON.html

J011yroger
11-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Who cares, the racquets are pieces of crap that cave in before you use the first set up.

J

sargeinaz
11-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Who cares, the racquets are pieces of crap that cave in before you use the first set up.

J

Whoa. A jolly post. What are you hitting with nowadays?

brownbearfalling
11-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Probably not. I would guess that the customer service representative that you will be talking to will not have enough "tennis" knowledge to know what you are requesting.

But it's worth a try. Maybe try calling. And calling multiple times?

In my experience, I prefer the blx grommets. I am playing with the 2011 Blxs and yes they are thinner. But that also means they are lighter. I've tried putting older stock grommets on the blx and it throws the feeling of the frames off. My advice would be to keep with the current blx grommet and change them more often. It costs more but you get better performance.

Andyroo10567
11-03-2012, 10:43 PM
If you want them for free from Wilson, they don't give them out anymore supposedly.

SFrazeur
11-03-2012, 10:43 PM

J

In their defense I doubt they had Kevlar/poly at 70lbs in mind. (or did one actually collapse on the first stringing?)

-SF

xFullCourtTenniSx
11-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Probably not. I would guess that the customer service representative that you will be talking to will not have enough "tennis" knowledge to know what you are requesting.

But it's worth a try. Maybe try calling. And calling multiple times?

In my experience, I prefer the blx grommets. I am playing with the 2011 Blxs and yes they are thinner. But that also means they are lighter. I've tried putting older stock grommets on the blx and it throws the feeling of the frames off. My advice would be to keep with the current blx grommet and change them more often. It costs more but you get better performance.

Better performance? Not even. The point of the bumper guard is to protect the racket. The edge is where the frame gets scraped the most, and these grommets leave that edge bare to the floor.

Lighter? I don't see that as a benefit. It's already been pointed out that the BLX sucks compared to the [K]Factor due to 1) less feel and 2) lower swingweight for less power. The ProStaff made use of the maneuverability to make it a great stick at net, but it suffered a lot at the baseline as a result.

Also, I'd like to keep the lead tape under the bumper hidden. I don't want it getting messed up so that I would have to redo it.

If you want them for free from Wilson, they don't give them out anymore supposedly.

I don't mind at all paying for them. I just want quality grommets.

J011yroger
11-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Whoa. A jolly post. What are you hitting with nowadays?

BLXPS90, BBO Mains, and ALU Rough crosses at 50#.

They cave in instantly with Kevlar setups, but with the bbo/alu at 50# I get about 3 stringings out of them before they start to cave, and 5-6 in total before I have to send them back to Wilson.

I also have 3 K90s that I got in really good used condition after all my orig ones broke.

I am thinking that when this next batch of BLXPS90 cave in, I will sell the replacements Wilson gives me and buy a few prestiges to hold me over.

J