PDA

View Full Version : Yonex VCore Xi Thread!

tistrapukcipeht
11-03-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm very tempted about these racquets 98 and/or 100.

I had a hour session yesterday with 98D yesterday and loved the racquet, I still prefer the Xi 100 over it, but the racquet helps out to hit winners, flat ones, ball rackets out of the string bed in heart beat, therefore I now became interested in the 98 as well, the 100 with micro core (reportedly increases the sweet spot even larger up in the string bed) will be a racquet that i want to try as well, for i will demo both and see how they stackl up with the Ezone Xi 100.

If any of you guys have any feedback and have already hit with either please post your feedback on this thread I will try to follow this thread.

Thanks,

Tistrapukcipeht

wrainsberger
11-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Tagging along with you for thoughts...

I'm on the fence currently about purchasing the Vcore 100s, now the Vcore xi 100s racquets are being released. I've hit with the Vcore 100s and the Ezone xi 100 and preferred the Vcore. I'm wondering what difference the micro core will provide. If you have a chance to demo, please give us your thoughts.

brianb76
11-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Im definitly gonna demo the both, maybe even the ligher 100.

tistrapukcipeht
11-08-2012, 01:53 PM
I'll demo all 3 of them, I'm gonna see if my neighbor, who all play with Yonex, coach and 3 kids, if they have tested them or will, I haven't played tennis in the last week due to weather and time.

tistrapukcipeht
11-09-2012, 08:47 AM
The VCore 97 Tour 310g will come to US according to my neighbor, for those who wanted to try it.

Gasolina
11-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Does the Vcore really help with power? I've been using the RQiS line and relying on low tension soft poly's

rdis10093
11-09-2012, 09:22 AM
I played with the rqis tour for the first two years in high school. it was very low power for a mid plus. the vcore 95d has way more power. I have to string stiff polys a bit tighter because it has so much power. 95d is a nice stick though. I just wish it was a little stiffer.

Gasolina
11-09-2012, 10:22 AM
I played with the rqis tour for the first two years in high school. it was very low power for a mid plus. the vcore 95d has way more power. I have to string stiff polys a bit tighter because it has so much power. 95d is a nice stick though. I just wish it was a little stiffer.
Have you tried the RDiS 200 MP? Can you compare with the Vcores?

rdis10093
11-09-2012, 10:45 AM
only the rdis 100

tistrapukcipeht
11-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Does the Vcore really help with power? I've been using the RQiS line and relying on low tension soft poly's

I never used the racquet you have, I like a little large head sizes, for my 2 handed back hand.

Anyway, Vcores are powerful, I really liked the 98D, more than 100S, 100S is more versatile though, but the one is the best for me overall is the Ezone Xi, this one plays just like I want it and need it to.

Though, I'm very curious about these new VCore Xi with this micro core that some have sworn by.

We'll see how it goes, anyway it's a lot easier to play with these racquets than with Ultimum RQ and RDX racquets I used previously, needless to say that in the 100 sq in Yonex has the best 2 by far in my opinion, just look at the TW feedback and reviews, 100S and Ezone Xi are some of the highest rated ranking, not that what TW scores or doesn't means a lot, but the feedback, TW review and many other players agree that they're better overall than the rest.

edwincen
11-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Have you tried the RDiS 200 MP? Can you compare with the Vcores?

I tried and own both, 95D is my choice.
I can hit more angle with 95D and easily flatten out.

grh
11-12-2012, 01:45 PM
I've hit with the VCore Xi 100 (280g). It feels really light but since it's even balanced it gives one the impression that it has mass. It behaves exactly like the VCore 100s. Good and solid pop from the stringbed but you have to really whip it to generate power or pace. I didn't experience this with the VCore 100s. Australia has the 300g version which is similar to the VCore 100s in specs. Maybe that would be the better fit for me. As for the micro core I doubt it's anything but a paint job (just my opinion). If you check the Tour 97 you will notice that the micro core is bulging. There's none of that in the VCore Xi 100.

tistrapukcipeht
11-14-2012, 05:52 AM
I've hit with the VCore Xi 100 (280g). It feels really light but since it's even balanced it gives one the impression that it has mass. It behaves exactly like the VCore 100s. Good and solid pop from the stringbed but you have to really whip it to generate power or pace. I didn't experience this with the VCore 100s. Australia has the 300g version which is similar to the VCore 100s in specs. Maybe that would be the better fit for me. As for the micro core I doubt it's anything but a paint job (just my opinion). If you check the Tour 97 you will notice that the micro core is bulging. There's none of that in the VCore Xi 100.

Ok, I hope there is microcore in there.

So you're saying the VCore Xi 280g is as solid as the vcore 100s but with less weight??

I wonder how good the regular 300g will be, let alone the 98 version.

grh
11-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Ok, I hope there is microcore in there.

So you're saying the VCore Xi 280g is as solid as the vcore 100s but with less weight??

I wonder how good the regular 300g will be, let alone the 98 version.

The hoop "feels" solid, yes, like it doesn't matter that the lower part of the racket is lighter. It still delivers the pop that's similar to the VCore 100s but seemingly with lesser pace or weight on the ball. I didn't feel the pace troubling my hitting partner. Big difference with EZone Xi 98 that I demoed at the same time. While I didn't get the snappy and crisp feedback that I like from the VCore Xi 100 or 100s, the shots generated are much heavier, spins or otherwise.