PDA

View Full Version : New HEAD racquets 2013 ?!!!

Francis27
11-04-2012, 05:50 AM
I found pictures of the Head Prestige PWR 2013, Speed PWR 2013, Instinct PWR 2013. They all look legit they have a new technology called "Graphene" The prestige looks pretty cool and the speed. The instinct i actually like the inegra version.

here is a post i read from another thread:

2013 will bring a new HEAD technology. We will use a new material called Graphene which enabled us to create a completely new and patented way to redistribute weight from the middle of the racquet to the tip and the grip. This provides more power and maneuverability in a lighter racquet! Novak and Maria will be launching this new technology in the Speed and the Instinct. We will also launch a completely new Power Series with 3 racquets that fit perfectly into HEAD segmentation: the Prestige PWR, the Speed PWR and the Instinct PWR! Why should only competitive players be able to use the best known racquets?

YT-Speed ​​Pro Graphene: Graphene-YT Instinct the prestige will probably be out on 2014 since on the TW site its not currently on sale yet but the speed and instinct are so you can probably expect them on 2013.

As you can see HEAD did an amazing job with the paint job on the prestige (in my opinion) the speed has the same colours on the as the Inegra version but with a little more added detail on design.

The HEAD youtek ig instinct is the exact same design but with a different colour. And the top of the frame(hoop) is white. In my opinion it looks nice but i like the IG version. It looks like it still has the exact same head size and shape(oval) as the IG.

So coming to an end im not sure if they are the 2013 racquets but they probably are:)

klementine79
11-04-2012, 05:59 AM
Waiting for removal of pics in 3...2...1.. :smile:

Thanks for the post but these (pics) were already posted and subsequently removed by the department of homeland security.

db10s
11-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Waiting.... waiting..... they're still there? I'm not a fan of the prestige. It looks like a Technifibre.

klementine79
11-04-2012, 06:08 AM
^It's supposedly the team version so expect cap grommets on the 2013 Prestiges.

PJ is kind of nice if you ask me. Like the carbon fiber exposed.

Francis27
11-04-2012, 06:15 AM
i had to remove the pictures im not allowed to post the new pictures yet thanks klementine for telling me!

Francis27
11-04-2012, 06:16 AM
and just to let you guys know they still have the youtek technology but eliminated d-30

maxpotapov
11-04-2012, 06:26 AM
and just to let you guys know they still have the youtek technology but eliminated d-30
Wait, so what is Youtek technology again?

I'm glad that they will do away with material that stiffens on impact.

Bartelby
11-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Im sure graphene is just another stiffening material.

Francis27
11-04-2012, 06:33 AM
Wait, so what is Youtek technology again?

I'm glad that they will do away with material that stiffens on impact.

here is the head site for their technologies

http://www.head.com/tennis/technologies/?region=us&id=111

maxpotapov
11-04-2012, 06:59 AM
here is the head site for their technologies

http://www.head.com/tennis/technologies/?region=us&id=111

It was a rhetorical question, but thanks :)

HEADfamilydynasty
11-04-2012, 07:22 AM
So HEAD is pulling a Prince-Triple-Threat type angle, except that this puts weight in the handle also?:confused:

MikeHitsHard93
11-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Sounds similar to liquid metal

db10s
11-04-2012, 10:14 AM
You don't have to remove the images. Head has to ask TW to remove them, and TW isn't going to say no (for obvious reasons).

MattCrosby
11-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Still havent seen pics of the new Instinct :(

klementine79
11-04-2012, 02:33 PM
^Google 'Head graphene 2013'.

MattCrosby
11-04-2012, 02:51 PM
^Google 'Head graphene 2013'.

I think I'll be upgrading them on my contract :)

Rabbit
11-04-2012, 03:20 PM
So HEAD is pulling a Prince-Triple-Threat type angle, except that this puts weight in the handle also?:confused:

Does sound familiar... ;)

movdqa
11-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Interesting idea in going the polarized route - similar to a lot of pro stock setups. I think that I'm going to stick to my Youteks until they break - the devil you know and all.

corners
11-04-2012, 05:28 PM
:)So HEAD is pulling a Prince-Triple-Threat type angle, except that this puts weight in the handle also?:confused:

Triple threat was 10 o'clock, 2 o'clock and buttcap. Nothing new here. Stiffer material, redistributed weight - same technomarketing angle they have all been using since the Pro Staff 85 and Max 200G became 'obsolete.'

Graphite -> high modulus graphite -> DNX/carbon nanotubes/various fullerenes and buckywhatevers -> graphene (I've missed some in the technological progression but these were so irrelevant that they've been lost to history.)

High modulus graphite was being used in the 80s and is three times stiffer than normal graphite. But racquets aren't three times stiffer than they used to be. I wonder why they think we think that materials significantly stiffer than good 'ol graphite are significantly better than good 'ol graphite? Do you think it's because they spend millions each year to pay whip-smart recent college grads to devise clever marketing materials to reinforce this bogus propaganda?

New Instinct looks nice though :)

Say Chi Sin Lo
11-04-2012, 05:30 PM
I posted this in another thread:

LOL! Graphene! So Head managed to change the structure of graphite into doubly bonded graphite, or would it be aromatic graphite with resonance structures?

That's some fancy name for a new year of paintjobs.

I guess Innegra wasn't strong and light enough.

Yveskim89
11-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Pls send me the pics if its ok? yvskm@yahoo.com , id like to see .. Thanks

Francis27
11-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Pls send me the pics if its ok? yvskm@yahoo.com , id like to see .. Thanks

ok check your email now

Yveskim89
11-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Got it! Thanks

TepidFish
11-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Could I also view the pictures? Oakekao @gmail.com

parasailing
11-04-2012, 10:38 PM
I hope they bring out a 16x19 Radical MP like they offer on the pro stock versions but we won't know until late 2013 sigh :(.

Francis27
11-05-2012, 03:10 AM
Ill show you guys later im on my ipad and i cant do it here, i also have school so as soon as i come back ill show :)

movdqa
11-05-2012, 03:15 AM
It's easy to find them with google images.

srvnvly
11-05-2012, 03:17 AM
Pics please, to 4hndvly@gmail.com; thank you!

Yveskim89
11-05-2012, 04:04 AM
The new Prestige will be " no cap grommets" ? and the new Instincts and Speeds have this prestige like frame that makes it more sexier^^

2ManyAces
11-05-2012, 04:08 AM
Radical MP 16x19 would be nice

NickJ
11-05-2012, 04:12 AM
I posted this in another thread:

LOL! Graphene! So Head managed to change the structure of graphite into doubly bonded graphite, or would it be aromatic graphite with resonance structures?

That's some fancy name for a new year of paintjobs.

I guess Innegra wasn't strong and light enough.

GRAPHENE!!!! I love these made up words . . . do they honestly think we're stupid??

pshulam
11-05-2012, 04:21 AM
The new Prestige will be " no cap grommets" ?
I personally like the CAP system as it protects the racquet from scratches.

newyorkstadium
11-05-2012, 09:52 AM
GRAPHENE!!!! I love these made up words . . . do they honestly think we're stupid??

Have you picked up a paper in the past few years. Graphene is not a made up word, scientist's won a nobel prize for discovering it.

Here's a link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19918703

Whether it improves a racket, who knows. But the material is real.

Francis27
11-05-2012, 11:01 AM
I am an IG Instinct user an i like the look of the IG better than the Graphene

Head says that these rackets are PWR Series (im guessing PWR is Power)

Technologies that have been eliminated i believe is d3o and i think they took out innegra

Francis27
11-05-2012, 11:05 AM
I thought i would put the IG versions of these racquets

Instinct
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/reviews/HeadInstinctMP-1.jpg
Speed
http://healthkart-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/194/19338_m.jpg
Prestige
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/reviews/IGprestigeMid1.jpg

Fed Kennedy
11-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Its a beginner racquet that they slapped the prestige name on

000KFACTOR90000
11-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Its a beginner racquet that they slapped the prestige name on

+1

No way the prestige line is changing that much.

Torres
11-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the post but these (pics) were already posted and subsequently removed by the department of homeland security.

:mrgreen:

It's amazing though what 'YT-Speed ​​Pro Graphene' produces when you punch it into the images section of the that well known search engine. Links to a certain thread but this time with pictures!

alidisperanza
11-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Ugly Prestige if you ask me... Why would you ever get rid of CAPS?! Aside from being an epic pain in the ***, they're the signature look of the prestige...

Stein
11-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Are you sure that's a Prestige? That head shape doesn't communicate Prestige to me.

My uneducated guess: PWR Prestige means that this is the top Powerline S- rackets. So a swingindex of S8 or so. Complete the opposite of the Prestige we like :-)
The current Prestige came on the market in january 2012 so it it due in 2014. Not this year. It is not possible we have pictures of a 2014 model yet.
So conclusion: this is NOT the new Prestige!

Say Chi Sin Lo
11-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Ugly Prestige if you ask me... Why would you ever get rid of CAPS?! Aside from being an epic pain in the ***, they're the signature look of the prestige...

Agreed, if it's not CAP'd, it's not a Prestige Mid.

And if it was up to me, I'd CAP everything. It's one of the few (or only) thing that does what it advertised to do in the mist of all the marketing crap we see nowadays. Stringing with them is not an issue whatsoever too.

NickJ
11-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Have you picked up a paper in the past few years. Graphene is not a made up word, scientist's won a nobel prize for discovering it.

Here's a link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19918703

Whether it improves a racket, who knows. But the material is real.

Really?? Thank you sir, I stand corrected and I feel humbled and little daft. Could you please also send me the links to the new scientific finds of 'YouTek' and 'Biomimetic'?

JDMasFCK
11-06-2012, 08:51 AM

As stated above.. THIS ISN'T THE NEW PRESTIGE... it's a "tweeners" racket of the prestige.. hence the PWR (Means POWER). The PWR Prestige is going to be released around Janurary with the new Instinct and Speeds but the NEW Prestige (haven't seen pictures yet) isn't coming out until next year.

Virtua Tennis
11-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Are they using graphene so they can make their racquets cheaper and the graphite walls thinner so their racquets will break faster? I can't tell you how many times I've seen people bring head racquets to me where they are collapsing from the outside in and torn racquets holes where grommets are ripping through the graphite frames.

What they need to do is beef up their head guards or make their frames with a deeper channel to protect the strings. Secondly use an extra sheet of graphite so your frames are more durable. The graphite walls of head racquets must be paper thin cause they break a lot from the outside in. Sure this happens when you string it wrong but how many other companies have this problem and I'm sure those racquets are all strung wrong too.

treblings
11-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Are they using graphene so they can make their racquets cheaper and the graphite walls thinner so their racquets will break faster? I can't tell you how many times I've seen people bring head racquets to me where they are collapsing from the outside in and torn racquets holes where grommets are ripping through the graphite frames.

What they need to do is beef up their head guards or make their frames with a deeper channel to protect the strings. Secondly use an extra sheet of graphite so your frames are more durable. The graphite walls of head racquets must be paper thin cause they break a lot from the outside in. Sure this happens when you string it wrong but how many other companies have this problem and I'm sure those racquets are all strung wrong too.

never had this problem with any of my head racquets.

Racquet Daddy
11-07-2012, 05:01 PM
never had this problem with any of my head racquets.

I think he meant Babolat :wink:

treblings
11-08-2012, 02:01 AM
I think he meant Babolat :wink:

that, i can believe:wink:

Fuji
11-13-2012, 08:07 PM
The Head Rep came to the shop today and I got to see all the new PWR sticks in person. Super slick paint jobs actually. I can really see them catching on.

I also got to see all the new shoes and bags that are coming out for 2013. It will be interesting for sure how they take. The new Murray bags are a khaki coloured suede-ish bag. The Nole ones are similar to what's out now, and the tour ones are a bit plainer!

-Fuji

nalvarado
11-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Really?? Thank you sir, I stand corrected and I feel humbled and little daft. Could you please also send me the links to the new scientific finds of 'YouTek' and 'Biomimetic'?

YouTek is the addition of the "dilatant non-Newtonian fluid", D30 to the racquet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D3o

Orange614
11-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Has anyone tried these new rackets yet? I think I will be trying some later today so I would like to know what other people thought.

vetinari
11-20-2012, 12:33 PM
I've hit with the speed mp and the instinct mp. I posted my thoughts in the other thread about 2013 speeds. Overall I think the speed and instinct are good upgrades, especially the speed. I thought it fixed several things about the IG speed that I didn't like -- more power, better feel, bigger sweet spot and improved torsional stability. Also decreased vibration. I really liked the graphene speed. Some wont though. It's stiffer than the current gen (but I think more comfortable strangely enough) and the beam on the speeds is wider which really bothers some players.

dje31
01-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Shouldn't the new Graphene Speed and Instinct racquets be just about ready for pre-order by now? Or do we have to wait for the dumb countdown to end on 2013.01.11, then wait some more?

srvnvly
01-03-2013, 07:42 AM
I've hit with the speed mp and the instinct mp. I posted my thoughts in the other thread about 2013 speeds. Overall I think the speed and instinct are good upgrades, especially the speed. I thought it fixed several things about the IG speed that I didn't like -- more power, better feel, bigger sweet spot and improved torsional stability. Also decreased vibration. I really liked the graphene speed. Some wont though. It's stiffer than the current gen (but I think more comfortable strangely enough) and the beam on the speeds is wider which really bothers some players.

My apologies if you've already commented on this, but how is the new Instinct better than the current IG model? It looks like the same weight and balance. Thanks!

jace112
01-03-2013, 12:40 PM
I agree with your analysis. Good updates! :)

Maroon_Tenniskid
01-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Shouldn't the new Graphene Speed and Instinct racquets be just about ready for pre-order by now? Or do we have to wait for the dumb countdown to end on 2013.01.11, then wait some more?

I am kind of annoyed by this too... I am wondering what the countdown actually is for. Pre-sale or actual release date?

dje31
01-04-2013, 12:36 PM
I get the whole "build-up anticipation / lust / gotta-have-it / hype-up-the-new-stuff-you-can't-see-or-have-just-yet" marketing thing, but I'm getting annoyed by it all. I'm thinking it won't live up to the hype, and be a big letdown.

At least I know the fallback is a known, viable commodity, to me at least.

Bartelby
01-04-2013, 12:52 PM
I've no knowledge but a lot of company types must fly in for the AO with all their pros there and hence there must be some sort of big PR launch for world media and the like just prior to the AO.

julian
01-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Hi,
couple of simple questions
How do you know that torsional stability got IMPROVED?
Do you know numbers for TWISTWEIGHT
Did you practice returns of serve?
What is "graphene speed"?

Bartelby
01-04-2013, 01:00 PM
The idea behind graphene is that you use the material to allow you to take weight from the yoke of the racquet (without weakening it) and then move real weight to either end.

This is what the catalogue states, in any event.

julian
01-04-2013, 01:26 PM
The idea behind graphene is that you use the material to allow you to take weight from the yoke of the racquet (without weakening it) and then move real weight to either end.

This is what the catalogue states, in any event.

Is it easy to feel it?

Bartelby
01-04-2013, 01:40 PM
I don't think you're supposed to feel graphene as such - its a strength to weight material - but those who tried the prototype report a crisp but not too stiff feel. Yet the stiffness rating is 70 so that would be high.

If it doesn't feel like the ig line I would be disappointed.

Oz_Rocket
01-04-2013, 01:59 PM
I like my current Speed IG MP but a bit more torsional stability on off centre shots would be nice. But one of the things I love about it as I'm getting older is that it is just soft enough without being mushy. So if they can give it a bit more stability/crispness without extra stiffness then that would be brilliant.

julian
01-04-2013, 02:05 PM
I don't think you're supposed to feel graphene as such - its a strength to weight material - but those who tried the prototype report a crisp but not too stiff feel. Yet the stiffness rating is 70 so that would be high.

If it doesn't feel like the ig line I would be disappointed.

Let me explain,please
One of my students is using a Head (Radical I believe).
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/head_youtek_radical_midplus/descpagerchead-hytrmp.html
I believe TWISTWEIGHT of this particular racket is too low.
I am trying to check whether one of new rackets will be an improvement
on this subject.
I believe that the future REVIEWS will provide some numbers for TWISTWEIGHT.
I do NOT play Head and I have very small knowledge about Head rackets.

Bartelby
01-04-2013, 02:09 PM
I rely on TW testing for swingweight, which will probably be published next weekend with the review.

julian
01-04-2013, 02:13 PM
I rely on TW testing for swingweight, which will probably be published next weekend with the review.
Thank you
It is true that TWISTWEIGHT shows up in one of boxes inside of the review,

dje31
01-08-2013, 12:31 PM
In case anyone's interested, the Graphene Speed and Instinct specs are also on Racquet Finder now.

The Instinct Rev looks like a potentially decent platform, as it's stupid light in stock form.

And can its stiffness really be as low as 59? Gotta be a typo...I'd guess that should read 69, given where all the others lie.

Not crazy about the 3pts HH balance, but a leather grip and some well-placed lead tape could work wonders.

mrmo1115
01-08-2013, 12:53 PM
I like my current Speed IG MP but a bit more torsional stability on off centre shots would be nice. But one of the things I love about it as I'm getting older is that it is just soft enough without being mushy. So if they can give it a bit more stability/crispness without extra stiffness then that would be brilliant.

Looks like the stiffness went up for the new Speed, but they did try to give it more stability/crispness. Let's see how it plays.

vetinari
01-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Hi,
couple of simple questions
How do you know that torsional stability got IMPROVED?
Do you know numbers for TWISTWEIGHT
Did you practice returns of serve?
What is "graphene speed"?

I don't know the number for the twistweight. I played several sets and had a couple lessons using the new version of the speed and based on those 3-4 sets there was more torsional stability subjectively. I have been playing with the IG speed 18x20 and one of the things that bothers me about it is the feeling of more shock to my arm on off center hits and a sensation that the racquet is twisting in my hand. This is what I have termed torsional instability. I did not experience that with the new version of the speed.

Return of serve was great -- very maneuverable and solid. Again an improvement over the ig speed in my hands.

graphene speed -- may not be the official term, but what I was using to differentiate the new version with graphene from the older ig containing version

corners
01-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Thank you
It is true that TWISTWEIGHT shows up in one of boxes inside of the review,

No, twistweight shows up in the little boxes next to the picture of the racquets on this page, which I linked for you in another thread two weeks ago: http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/learning_center/contours.php

The TW Professor has been very fast recently, so these new racquets might show up in that tool very soon after they go up for sale.

vetinari
01-08-2013, 08:13 PM

Based on my conversations with my local shop the day it gets announced it will be immediately available. No pre sale. But I have no official information.

vetinari
01-08-2013, 08:14 PM
My apologies if you've already commented on this, but how is the new Instinct better than the current IG model? It looks like the same weight and balance. Thanks!

Sorry. Not that familiar with the current gen (IG) instinct.

West Coast Ace
01-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Ok. So today was the big Launch Day for the Snowshoes... oops, Speeds/Instincts with graphene.

Does anyone know when the Prestige Mid (or even Radicals) will get the treatment? I didn't have any luck with Google - he referred me back to this thread. I can understand Head wanting to space out their launches to get more buzz.

PhotoBlue
01-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Ok. So today was the big Launch Day for the Snowshoes... oops, Speeds/Instincts with graphene.

Does anyone know when the Prestige Mid (or even Radicals) will get the treatment? I didn't have any luck with Google - he referred me back to this thread. I can understand Head wanting to space out their launches to get more buzz.

Probably radicals and prestiges will be upgraded jan 2014.

klementine79
01-11-2013, 06:32 PM
The prestiges will definitely be jan. 2014. The rads could be out by summer time if past launch dates are referenced.

West Coast Ace
01-11-2013, 08:07 PM
^^^ Thank you.

klementine79
01-12-2013, 06:45 AM
^My bad. they haven't released radicals in the summer time since the MicroGels. So photoblue is correct, Jan.2014 it is for both Prestiges and Rads.

PhotoBlue
01-17-2013, 03:39 PM
^My bad. they haven't released radicals in the summer time since the MicroGels. So photoblue is correct, Jan.2014 it is for both Prestiges and Rads.

I hope I'm not correct though... I want new radicals!!!