PDA

View Full Version : Donnay Customization Kit?

TripleB
11-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Does the Donnay Customization Kit work for all Donnay X-Dual tennis racquets?

I'm interested in the XDual Gold 99, XDual Silver 99, and the XPDual Black 102. Underneath the 'Product Details' for the Gold there is a link to where you can purchase the Customization Kit. But the link isn't there for the other two racquets.

Thanks for all help.

TripleB

mary fierce
11-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Questions about such matters sent to service@donnayusa are usually answered within a few days.

TripleB
11-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Questions about such matters sent to service@donnayusa are usually answered within a few days.

I figured posters here could answer it much quicker and maybe even give me some feedback on the three racquets I mentioned.

TripleB

10isbum
11-04-2012, 01:44 PM
The kit will fit the Donnay X-Dual Silver, both the side strips and bumper guard. With regard to the X-P dual black the one with the orange side strip and bumper guard, the side weights will only attach to the side strips and not the bumper guard. I don't know about the gold.

TripleB
11-05-2012, 05:25 AM
The kit will fit the Donnay X-Dual Silver, both the side strips and bumper guard. With regard to the X-P dual black the one with the orange side strip and bumper guard, the side weights will only attach to the side strips and not the bumper guard. I don't know about the gold.

Thank you 10isbum for that information. That was a great help!!!

TripleB

ollinger
11-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Is this a way to circumvent your lead tape phobia?

TripleB
11-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Is this a way to circumvent your lead tape phobia?

You are very wise Mr. Ollinger!!! :mrgreen:

I think I like Donnay's way better because there is a limit to the number of ways you can add the weights in the customization kit. I don't have the choice of adding 1 3/8" of lead at 10 and 2; or 2 1/5" lead at 12 and 6; or 3 1/16" of lead in the handle. The weights are preset and it should be easier to add or remove weight while I'm on the court.

TripleB

10isbum
11-05-2012, 08:15 AM
The disadvantage of the side weights is that they come in 3 gram increments only, but the big advantage is that on courts, especially between points, I can move the side weights up and down to give me a heavier or lighter feel for that particular day or perhaps between serving and returning serves.

tennismonkey
11-05-2012, 08:20 AM
as others have pointed out -- it's pretty convenient to move the 3 gram slides at 3 and 9 o'clock as needed. and they really make a big difference.

i'm a little curious to see how they hold up because the weight slides kinda stick out a bit from the side grooves. i'm not sure if they will get scuffed up or break with heavy play.

Flash
11-05-2012, 09:38 AM

Works with Gold exactly as with Silver.

You can also add two next to each other, and get 6g roughly from 10 to 2 on the top.

I currently play with a Silver with 3g @ 12 and 10g @ buttcap, and occasionally with a Gold with 5g @ the buttcap

TripleB
11-05-2012, 09:58 AM
I think it would be interesting to purchase a customization kit and then demo 4 of the Donnay racquets. You could really play around with the setup on the racquets to find the perfect combination in the perfect racquet.

Thanks for everyone's input.

TripleB

Readers
11-05-2012, 10:02 AM
I think it works with anything starts with X.

TripleB
11-06-2012, 04:07 PM
I think it works with anything starts with X.

Thank you for that information.

Find out Friday if I've got a torn meniscus, broken bone, or both in/near my knee. I'm afraid the XDuals will be sold out by the time I get to try them :(

TripleB