PDA

View Full Version : Major x-one guy forget tecnifibre

immcalvin
11-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Anybody have any experience with this racket?

Captain Haddock
11-05-2012, 04:07 AM
Are you talking about the black frames with white lettering, a red plastic logo above the handle, and small transparent sections revealing braided graphite? I had 5 of those at one point. Let's see... The frames are not hollow but filled with an elastomer yoke, which makes them soft and stable (think Dunlop MW 200G, Yonex Ti-80, etc.). String pattern is tight (18 X 20). Weight is above 12 oz strung. I thing that Sébastien Grosjean endorsed them but used a different, extended length model. These are high-quality, very well made frames. If you like reference frames like the Head Pro Tour 280 or the MW 200G, it's definitely in that category.

immcalvin
11-05-2012, 09:50 AM
yeah just bought three of these bad boys, should be coming in next week.
i have experience with the MW200g myself, probably the best racket i have ever hit with.

does it play anything similar to the tecnifibre 325? that thing was pretty sold and flex.

i

immcalvin
11-05-2012, 09:51 AM
btw haddock you are correct, those are the ones. did they have a low swing weight for a 12oz racket?

treblings
11-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Guy Forgets old racquet. i playtested it and decided against it, must be about 10 years or more ago. tiny bit of regret, cause it was a special frame.
if you can post pics, i´d be much obliged:)

purple-n-gold
11-05-2012, 12:07 PM
yeah saw those on the stringforum,good deal

Kevin T
11-05-2012, 02:44 PM
I had an X-One about 11 years ago. Hits absolute bombs on serve. The feel is interesting, a little too stiff and muted for my tastes. Volleyed well but I couldn't dial in groundstrokes to save my life, particularly on slice backhands. Not a bad frame at all but Major/Tecnifibre frames have always felt "tinny" or metallic/stiff to me.

immcalvin
11-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Really they are stiff? It shows like 57 ra scale I read somewhere. Someone said it feels close to a mw200g it's like polyutherane injected into the frame so it should feel solid not tinny
We shall see when it comes in the mail

Kevin T
11-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Really they are stiff? It shows like 57 ra scale I read somewhere. Someone said it feels close to a mw200g it's like polyutherane injected into the frame so it should feel solid not tinny
We shall see when it comes in the mail

Not stiff by today's standards but stiffer to me, at that time. I used the MW200g for a time and not sure I would say the two are comparable. I like a more 'raw' response and the Major made a "thud" when hitting the ball and was quite muted. It's probably a love it or hate it frame, so I hope you love it. I framed a lot of balls on slice backhands and kick serves, which doesn't make sense as the beam is thin. I just couldn't dial it in.

immcalvin
11-13-2012, 06:11 PM
gonna try these bad boys tonight. Strung isospeed baseline speed at 52lbs lets see how these bad boys feel

immcalvin
11-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Amazing rackets really solid bad boys. Not flexy as I thought it would be. It feels slightly stiff but not hollow stiff