PDA

View Full Version : POG customizing

PhrygianDominant
11-05-2012, 04:40 AM
I have two POG tours. I may have fallen in love with them again. I have been playing with the HYPP, but the open string pattern (14x18), head light balance (11 pts!), and thin beam of the POG is certainly making me want to switch back. I think I wasn't good enough to appreciate this the first time around.

Here is my problem...I don't get as much pace on my serve with this stick as I do with the HYPP. What amount of lead, and where, will maintain what I like about this stick and also add a bit to my serve?

BlueB
11-05-2012, 09:16 AM
11 headlight? Sounds wrong... Is there some weight added to the handle?
Ditch the extra weight if any, or if none, ditch the leather grip and put just 2 light overgrips. Should bring the balance (and weight) to more reasonable for RHS at serve.
I do this mod to all my POGs, OS and M and they play and serve (for me) a lot better then original spec. The only shot I do better with original spec is the fast flat FH.

PhrygianDominant
11-17-2012, 06:02 AM
you are right about that balance, I just mis-remembered something to the extreme.

I will see about the grip changes, anything else?

BlueB
11-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Nothing really. They are near perfect like that, IMO.
If anything, I'd like it even a bit lighter, but it's impossible without making it too HH, or loosing the SW.