PDA

View Full Version : ProKennex Ki Q5 Handle System?

BHud
11-05-2012, 05:43 AM
Can the butt cap be removed to add lead or would I need to place it under the grip. I usually add fishing weights inside of handles, but I'm not sure it can be done on this racquet?

Thanks!

Ramon
11-05-2012, 04:12 PM
On TW's customization article, where they describe how to put weights inside handles, they specifically mentioned the Pro Kennex Kinetic system as having a built-in dampening system that may not allow for weights inside the handle. I haven't tried, and I don't plan to try it.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/customize.html

BHud
11-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Thanks! I didn't see that. I'll order a grip size smaller and run it up the handle.

sstchur
11-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Why not just take off the grip and apply a few strips of lead tape to the main bevels on the pallet? Then replace the grip. I do this with my Gamma T-7s and it's perfectly find for me.

Steve Huff
11-05-2012, 05:07 PM
You CAN take off the butt cap of the PK. I've done it on all of mine. It has a cylinder shaped tube connected to the butt cap. I remove mine and add weight. I could leave it in and there would still be room to add weight. I just prefer to take it out.

BHud
11-16-2012, 09:52 AM
You CAN take off the butt cap of the PK. I've done it on all of mine. It has a cylinder shaped tube connected to the butt cap. I remove mine and add weight. I could leave it in and there would still be room to add weight. I just prefer to take it out.

Thanks! Although it was one of the messier modifications I've done (they use a lot of glue and staples in their handles), I was able to glue weights on the end of the plug and re-attach it without any problems. Works fine, looks good, doesn't impact grip size.