PDA

View Full Version : no trap door

MATEO2020
11-05-2012, 07:02 AM
What does it mean when a racquet has no trap door. a friend of mine has a iprestige, an old one made in austria, and there is no butt cap at all. no head symbol, nothing. and no way to open it! no slot to pop it open either. reading all these post about all kinds of racquets i thought this one might be special. maybe someone out there has came across the same thing and has some info about it?

and before someone asks, its not mine and i cant take it apart!

thanx guys

Roger Wawrinka
11-05-2012, 07:33 AM
If there is no trap door you will have to take the grip/grips off to the actual handle. Then you would have to take pliers and pull the staples out from the buttcap. Why you want to take the buttcap out anyway? Not having a trap door on a racquet is nothing special, sorry.

uk_skippy
11-05-2012, 07:42 AM
When a buttcap has a trapdoor it means that there's a small part of the end that will pop out, which will then reveal the inside of the frame. The older frames tended not to have this type of buttcap.

Usually access is required thru the trapdoor to add extra weight to the handle area. If you want to do this on a non-trapdoor buttcap you can either replace the old one with a newer one with a trapdoor, or take off the old one do whatever work you want to do and then re-attach it.

Regards

Paul

MATEO2020
11-05-2012, 08:51 AM
thanx skippy

MATEO2020
11-05-2012, 09:51 AM
skippy, have a question for you since you know string and stringing. i have a ig prestige mp too and im looking for a poly that is pretty soft on the arm, yet pretty durable. access to spin is also something im looking for. but i dont want it to brak the bank! any suggestions?