PDA

View Full Version : Exo3 Tour vs O3 Tour vs Ozone Tour

MauRod
11-06-2012, 06:10 AM
I was reading the specs of these three frames and i was just wondering about the real differences between each others. Maybe we could exclude the Exo3 model since it has square holes instead of the round ones, but the head-size, the stiffness, the length and the beam width seem almost the same on at least the o3 and ozone models. I'd like also to ask u about the best one according to your preferences (to whom played all of them, or at least 2 models out of 3)

p.s. i'm sorry for my ****** english :D

db10s
11-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Were you thinking about getting one? I've played with the Exo3 and the O3. Neither was very appealing, in my opinion.

MauRod
11-06-2012, 07:04 AM
well i'm currently using an Exo3 Tour 16x18 and i think this stick suits my game, but since it's easy to find the previous versions at very low prices i just started to search for infos about'em and i saw that the differences were not so deep. Though a lot of pro players still use frames with round holes (don't worry, i'm not a bimbo-pro-wannabe :D...i don't like to emulate someone else...expecially if he's younger than me! :D...and i know they use special pro-stock frames), so i was wondering if old models could be better than new ones, talking about the technology i mean. You know, better sticks for better prices!

db10s
11-06-2012, 07:12 AM
It isn't really technology... And imo they play differently.

Veninga
11-06-2012, 08:27 AM
It isn't really technology... And imo they play differently.

EXO version is even more flexy, really like a noodle... You definitely feel the difference.

Other two differs from each other on the stringbed. O3 tour has a really open 16*19. The O3 tour team has a normal 18*20, so much more denser.

db10s
11-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Yeah for sure; now that I think about it, its hard for me to give advice about rackets that I don't like.

FD3S
11-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Can't speak for the other two, but I used to own the O3 Tour. Fairly spinny racquet, could cut through the air fast, well balanced - my issue with it was that every shot I hit felt the same, whether it was a screaming winner or horrific shank. I got nothing from the stringbed.

That said, it still holds up as the most comfortable racquet I've ever used, bar none. If you have tennis elbow, you want an O3.